Can’t Sugarcoat This! | The Boneyard

Can’t Sugarcoat This!

Reaction Score
No recruits in the top 30. NC and KLS will graduate... no height compared to their competition.( Jones will go to Stanford)...) How can this happen to a school and coach with such a stellar reputation?? Something is up! You can try to rationalize this as much as you want. Truth is ... it is an ominous sign. I love UConn Women’s basketball and will continue to follow and support them regardless of the future. .

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
We don't know where Jones will go.

And what will the doom-sayers say if we win the NC this year, which is quite possible.
I was thinking of the Movie “Major League” today and a particular scene that somehow seems relevant to UConn’s situation.

When the Cleveland Indians learn that their owner has been systematically undermining the team with the intention of releasing all the players and moving the team to Miami, catcher Jake Taylor (Tom Berenger) stands up and utters these inspiring words:

“Well then there’s only one thing left to do....win the whole thing!”

I’m hoping that the team is as upset as everyone on the BY about the decisions of Horston, Boston and possibly Jones, and that they resolve to do something about it by winning “the whole thing.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
No recruits in the top 30. NC and KLS will graduate... no height compared to their competition.( Jones will go to Stanford)...) How can this happen to a school and coach with such a stellar reputation?? Something is up! You can try to rationalize this as much as you want. Truth is ... it is an ominous sign. I love UConn Women’s basketball and will continue to follow and support them regardless of the future. .
Yes, we’ve already been told by the other 5 of you guys that UConn might as well shut down the program after this season. You’re late. But thanks for letting us know the obvious.

Reaction Score
I’m hoping that the team is as upset as everyone on the BY about the decisions of Horston, Boston and possibly Jones, and that they resolve to do something about it by winning “the whole *ing thing.”

I suspect no one on the team is as upset as some of the crazy people here on the BY, or even upset at all.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Our newbie friend Jonak has declared, "Jones will go to Stanford."

I'm just a mildly cantankerous curmudgeon, but I seem to remember learning
that there is some considerable space between knowledge and beliefs.
When I know something, I bring supporting evidence to the table. When I choose to spout opinions, I travel unburdened by those pesky items known as facts.

I don't know where Ms. Jones will attend school. I hope it's UConn. My loyalty to the team will be constant, with or without any prospect or group of potential recruits.

Last edited:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Another "oh no, after this season, we are doomed" thread. Same cr*p as when Stewie and Co. were seniors, even when Chong was a senior, last year with Kia and Gabby maybe not so much because Z assured everyone that she was returning and now this year. As has been mentioned in another similar thread, glad we can Ignore a thread!!!!!

Reaction Score

Maybe Geno told the recruits he won’t be here when they graduate

Reaction Score
I think the way Geno treated the recruits last season played a factor. This season I think he realized the affect it had his freshmen players mindset, so that is why he isn’t saying the same negative things about Williams and Olivia.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I think the way Geno treated the recruits last season played a factor. This season I think he realized the affect it had his freshmen players mindset, so that is why he isn’t saying the same negative things about Williams and Olivia.
Yup, makes perfect sense to me. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Dude... Shut up. You people need to lay off the dramatics. Christ you only want to start trouble...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well it seems clear to me that....
1542932756700.png

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
What a catastrophe! I can't believe we have to live 2005 all over again then we'll have to do 2006 all over again and don't forget 2007, then there is the whole 2008 fiasco. I knew we should have folded the program after 2008 We were done then. Why we couldn't even win in Maya's senior year and don't get me started about 2012

I know some of you haven't been through this before. But trust me, we don't always win everything. Trust the process. wait and see how things turn out. Golly!

Reaction Score
I posted this in another thread and I will try to post this in every single thread about “the end of times” at UConn because UCon hasn’t gotten a top 10 player from the class of 2019 yet.

I don’t understand why anyone is worried about landing every top 5 recruit year in and year out. The important thing to get is players that want to work hard and improve their game. They don’t need to be top 5 or even top 20 players. Stephanie Dolson was ranked #39 in 2010 by ESPN Hoopgurlz and she turned out to be one of the best post players to come out of UConn. Bria Hartley came out of that class, too, and was ranked #14. The 10th ranked player, Samarie Walker, transferred out and never saw much success at Kentucky despite her high billing.

Reaction Score
I think you guys struck gold with sleeper Aubrey Griffin. If Geno let’s her play and make some mistakes she’ll be awesome by middle of her soph year. One thing that is not good for UConn among players is if his tight 6 to 7 player rotation continues. Spread some minutes around more often. His rant last year about his bench was bad optics despite being true. Geno will always keep it real though ...always.
Back to Griffin. Her ranking mirrors Nurse who played like a top 10 player.

Last edited:

temery

What?
Reaction Score

Happy Thanksgiving

Reaction Score
Talk about overdramatizing. Look. UCONN currently have 2 of the top 5 high school players in county on the roster from last year. And while losing recruits hurts a fan bases feelings I'm not sure all the angst qualifies here. I think Boston's Hoopgurlz rating was inflated by the U17 ratings. Drowned out in all the Samantha Brunelle hysteria is the fact that all-star teams aren't always the true measure of college success. There are players who didn't make that team that will be better players in college than some who did. The reality is you can win the WBB championship without going to UCONN. You can also get to the WNBA. Play in better conferences. And, in a couple of cases, get a more valued degree while playing for HOF coaches. That's new reality. There's real competition now but UCONN is still an alpha dog.

Reaction Score
Maybe? Guess? Wonderful words to use on a message board. Maybe Geno told them he would be around for another 10 years... Guess that would impact things too.... Look at Maggie Dixon... young, healthy, and she passes away... Think she told her players she would not be around for their graduation? Anything can happen to any one of us. Stop with your guessing about if he will be around or not

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Maybe? Guess? Wonderful words to use on a message board. Maybe Geno told them he would be around for another 10 years... Guess that would impact things too.... Look at Maggie Dixon... young, healthy, and she passes away... Think she told her players she would not be around for their graduation? Anything can happen to any one of us. Stop with your guessing about if he will be around or not
Of course people can wonder what Geno said. It’s an entirely appropriate topic for a fan discussion board.

Reaction Score

Ha ha. Strange post.

I meant Geno would be Golfing in FL not coaching in Storrs. This forum is not the Supreme Court, there’s room for speculation, and different points of view. It’s fun to speculate if we’re going to win/lose a game, Land a recruit/ not land a recruit, who should start, break down coaching decisions etc.
I don’t get what your saying.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom