Cameron Thomas Crystal Ball | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cameron Thomas Crystal Ball

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not @ the Chief “Confirmed” status yet. That’s an extremely rigorous standard to obtain.
It's the kosher of Chief predictions.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yes, but chief confirmed we’ll before it was a fact. He confirmed it that night when it was still just a weird rumor. He gets points for that one

It was a known done deal when he did say it publically. He gets points because he told some people prior to that privately.

Kmart and the other guy put it out there.

C

Chief00

It was a known done deal when he did say it publically. He gets points because he told some people prior to that privately.

Kmart and the other guy put it out there.
Thanks - did not want to hurt football recruiting - still worry about the FL guys. We need a plan and narrative we can point to soon.

C

Chief00

How does the AAC look in rear view mirror?
Good question - I was warmer to the AAC than many CT fans - The top tier teams exceeded expectations in football and I think Memphis and Houston are in the upswing in hoops. However, even with that success and trajectory the dogs never ate the AAC dog food in CT.
What I have trouble sorting out is that if UConn was more successful would that somehow impact how people perceived the conference? I can also tell you we now have the wind to our backs in hoops recruiting. Chief got good vibes at Peach Jam.

Reaction Score
Good question - I was warmer to the AAC than many CT fans - The top tier teams exceeded expectations in football and I think Memphis and Houston are in the upswing in hoops. However, even with that success and trajectory the dogs never ate the AAC dog food in CT.
What I have trouble sorting out is that if UConn was more successful would that somehow impact how people perceived the conference? I can also tell you we now have the wind to our backs in hoops recruiting. Chief got good vibes at Peach Jam.

I don’t think dominating the AAC would have helped fan base perception much. Our fans expect to beat Conference USA schools each time out. Losing to crap schools was certainly disheartening, but beating them was only a little better.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Didn't another poster predict the big east move in pretty significant detail before you did?
Many I suspect. I predicted the need for us to get out and into the Big East. I based it on two elements fundamental to winning at a high level.

1.Recruiting has to be strong. Personally, it remains an affront when we lose out on in-state five- star talent. You must lock down your region and compete nationally for the best players. Also, let's get into a recognizable conference for recruits.

2. Please the mbb fanbase. The iconic women of course remain at the top of the wbb world. The men's program remains big time but the lustre has been tarnished during this period. Disgruntled fans, boosters and the UConn fanbase gave the AAC a quick thumbs down a while back and wanted out.

It was an odd membership for a NE major basketball program. No rivalries. That hurts our program. Just think at Tulane with ESPN3 covering and seeing ten people in the background. Sheesh.

There's no complexity to it. But we lost our way. No mudslinging, shared responsibility among all.

Oh yeah. Following the announcement of AAC's move to Dallas, I went thru a back and forth with some BY'ers about the need for us to count our losses and get out. About the AAC recognizing that the path to P5 runs through football - emphasis the southern schools. The move was indicative of a split from it's Big East roots. Recruiting was a struggle. Fanbase down on the program. It was not happening for us.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So do the various experts here have any thoughts on when Cam will announce? Is he an early fall guy?

I ask because just as the early commit from Wiseman helped Memphis, I think not only getting Thomas, but getting him early, could help bring some other targets to UConn.

Reaction Score
So do the various experts here have any thoughts on when Cam will announce? Is he an early fall guy?

I ask because just as the early commit from Wiseman helped Memphis, I think not only getting Thomas, but getting him early, could help bring some other targets to UConn.

Oak Hill traditionally has their guys commit before the season, so I would say November is likely. Still will take visits, so like others have said, long way to go.

C

Chief00

Many I suspect. I predicted the need for us to get out and into the Big East. I based it on two elements fundamental to winning at a high level.

1.Recruiting has to be strong. Personally, it remains an affront when we lose out on in-state five- star talent. You must lock down your region and compete nationally for the best players. Also, let's get into a recognizable conference for recruits.

2. Please the mbb fanbase. The iconic women of course remain at the top of the wbb world. The men's program remains big time but the lustre has been tarnished during this period. Disgruntled fans, boosters and the UConn fanbase gave the AAC a quick thumbs down a while back and wanted out.

It was an odd membership for a NE major basketball program. No rivalries. That hurts our program. Just think at Tulane with ESPN3 covering and seeing ten people in the background. Sheesh.

There's no complexity to it. But we lost our way. No mudslinging, shared responsibility among all.

Oh yeah. Following the announcement of AAC's move to Dallas, I went thru a back and forth with some BY'ers about the need for us to count our losses and get out. About the AAC recognizing that the path to P5 runs through football - emphasis the southern schools. The move was indicative of a split from it's Big East roots. Recruiting was a struggle. Fanbase down on the program. It was not happening for us.
After something happens, invariably we get posts how everyone knew it was inevitable.

Reaction Score
hoping for the best but prepping for the worst.

to that end, is staff involved with any backup SG options (mashburn jr? lane?) or are all the eggs in Cam's basket?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What Zionn said is probably the best we could hope for at this stage. He’s an elite player and probably isn’t in any rush at this point. We’ve just got to hold serve until he picks up speed and schedules visits, probably September. Then, it’s closing time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom