2023 Recruiting: - Cam Spencer | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Cam Spencer

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
If Charlie Baker wants to keep his image as a master manager he'll get off his arrss and put some rules in place that make it possible for the players to benefit from their skills and fame, not for sitting back and letting the buyers (schools) bundle up the money to get them on campus. If that's how it'll work we don't need an NCAA or any other organizing body.
He can’t do a damn thing.

Reaction Score
Tough act to follow I'm sure.
Maybe, maybe not

Trophy140925b089-2048x903.jpg

Reaction Score
Tough act to follow I'm sure.
perhaps, but if Cam Spencer seems only interested in NIL money with disregard to any other factors that would be a clear indicator to Hurley and staff that he might not be good for the roster. I really would hope he isn't get paid more than Newton, Clingan, or Karaban.

Reaction Score
perhaps, but if Cam Spencer seems only interested in NIL money with disregard to any other factors that would be a clear indicator to Hurley and staff that he might not be good for the roster. I really would hope he isn't get paid more than Newton, Clingan, or Karaban.
The city itself as well.

Reaction Score
Just have him talk to Ray Allen...

John Fanta on Twitter: "I asked Ray Allen about what has led UConn to winning national championships and being a blue blood. His answer to this question was really impressive: https://post original url/0LJScG8Fwp" / Twitter

That clip should be posted on every recruiting thread. It's so true. I spent my college years in a cold-weather city. Fall terms I was able to stay focused. Once we got to April in spring, however, it was much harder to keep focused on studies. I looked at a west coast school with a beautiful campus for grad school. Once I saw it, I knew that, as nice as it was, between the campus and weather, I would have been too distracted.

Reaction Score
We have a great chance, awesome staff, great story, if he doesn't come, he doesn't come. Either way I'm ready to roll with the squad we have or get someone else to help. In Hurley we trust. That said, hope the kid signs, it would be a win-win. But if he goes for moneyball short term - good for him too. Can't really fault a kid whatever he decides.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score

John Fanta on Twitter: "I asked Ray Allen about what has led UConn to winning national championships and being a blue blood. His answer to this question was really impressive: https://post original url/0LJScG8Fwp" / Twitter

If anyone from UConn's marketing department is reading this, please share this with your entire department. There is no better sales pitch for the University as a whole.

I wholeheartedly agree with Ray's sentiment, as did Nadav Henefeld, who fell in love with the beautiful campus in the middle of nowhere too.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Boring is good. I think it has helped UConn avoid recruiting certain guys who wanted those distractions as well. It's a filter. It lets in the right people and repels the wrong ones.

Reaction Score
You think "trust us, this place is so freaking boring you'll have nothing to do but study" is a good sales pitch to your average 18 year old?
Study a little, work on your game a lot and party a little sounds perfect for someone who is driven and focused.

Reaction Score
You think "trust us, this place is so freaking boring you'll have nothing to do but study" is a good sales pitch to your average 18 year old?

Nope. Of course not. Are we trying to attract average 18 year olds, or those more willing than most to put in the time to stay eligible and work on their game?

Reaction Score
Nope. Of course not. Are we trying to attract average 18 year olds, or those more willing than most to put in the time to stay eligible and work on their game?

Holy ufck I give up. The guy said this would be a good pitch for the university as a whole, which is what I was making a joke in response to. Not just the basketball team. Never mind. Good lord.

Reaction Score
Holy ufck I give up. The guy said this would be a good pitch for the university as a whole, which is what I was making a joke in response to. Not just the basketball team. Never mind. Good lord.
Yeah and I mean what does Ray Allen know anyway? Lollol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom