2023 Recruiting: - Cam Spencer | Page 17 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Cam Spencer

Reaction Score
He's a better passer than I imagined. Clingan and him would have some FUN
Here’s a player comparison that maybe some might see idk. He reminds me a little bit of a shorter, stockier Nadav Henefeld. The athleticism level isn’t high, but he anticipates very well defensively and gets in passing lanes. He sees the floor well and helps lead guys to open shots. His hands are quicker than his feet. Very good outside shooter and free throw shooter. High basketball IQ.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Well said. I watched this 25-minute Cam Spencer highlight reel in its entirety and came to the same conclusion ~3-minutes in.

i wanted to wait until after a commitment for the mojo, but i realized something when i read your comment.. our greatest gift is right here in the present, and it's all we really have. enjoy

Same.

I want him more than I wanted Timberlake.

Reaction Score
Here’s a player comparison that maybe some might see idk. He reminds me a little bit of a shorter, stockier Nadav Henefeld. The athleticism level isn’t high, but he anticipates very well defensively and gets in passing lanes. He sees the floor well and helps lead guys to open shots. His hands are quicker than his feet. Very good outside shooter and free throw shooter. High basketball IQ.
Much better pure shooter than Nadav. But Nadav was magic, in that the whole was transformative beyond an analysis of his specific strengths. Players with a high basketball IQ don't necessarily come near Nadav's basketball IQ.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Much better pure shooter than Nadav. But Nadav was magic, in that the whole was transformative beyond an analysis of his specific strengths. Players with a high basketball IQ don't necessarily come near Nadav's basketball IQ.
Not knocking Nadav as he will always have my appreciation. But we should remember he was a 23 yr old freshman and back then it was rare that college players that age (other than BYU) were playing. Mentally he was a man among boys when you consider his time in the military and then playing against grown men in Israel.

Reaction Score
Not knocking Nadav as he will always have my appreciation. But we should remember he was a 23 yr old freshman and back then it was rare that college players that age (other than BYU) were playing. Mentally he was a man among boys when you consider his time in the military and then playing against grown men in Israel.
Nadav was a really slick passer with one of the highest basketball IQs I’ve seen. He was a lot older, absolutely. Nadav was not gifted athletically but was always in the right place at the right time and the game seemed to slow down for him. I see a bit of that in Spencer’s game.

Reaction Score
I agree with you, but just to set the record straight… Nadav had just celebrated his 21st birthday when he arrived on campus.

Reaction Score

Yeah agree to a point but playing in Israel wasn't that close to what college basketball in the Big East would be. No matter what age, he easily adapted to our game on both ends of the court, that is to be commended in a huge way. And there were plenty of 20-21 year olds playing, even 22 as less left early prior to the 90's.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
If it's been addressed already I apologize, but would a transfer be able to play in Europe in August? If so maybe that trip could assist?

I assume the frosh can't?
Pretty sure they can all play. We can barely field a team without the freshmen.

Reaction Score
If it's been addressed already I apologize, but would a transfer be able to play in Europe in August? If so maybe that trip could assist?

I assume the frosh can't?
Teams have been making international trips for years, but there was an uptick in 2010 after incoming freshman were cleared to practice and join teams on trips after getting through the NCAA clearinghouse and completing summer school classes.

Reaction Score
We’re only at 414 thread posts, 17 pages on Cam, gonna have to step up our game everyone to get to 90 pages and 2200 posts, Diamond Stone. Cam would need to put off his decision for a month or longer.

Reaction Score
So.. If you believe in post # 409.. CS still has two more stops to make.. UCLA/Oklahoma.. And he said he was in no rush to make a decision. Hurry up and wait!!

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
We’re only at 414 thread posts, 17 pages on Cam, gonna have to step up our game everyone to get to 90 pages and 2200 posts, Diamond Stone. Cam would need to put off his decision for a month or longer.
I will continue to do my part and post on more unrelated topics. We have gotten on a few tangents since this thread started. It does pass time while watching baseball though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom