2023 Recruiting: - Cam Spencer | Page 16 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Cam Spencer

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
It’s so cringey to watch people who were fed bad info continue to simp the insiders
I've learned a crap ton more from 99, 429, Matrim and others who try to keep us informed than I'll ever learn from the posters complaining about mistaken insiders; so there's that...and always do as 99 says and take it with a grain of salt.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I want to state unequivocally on the record; I am not a fake insider. Every one of my hot leads has been verified completely.

(but then I'm not a real insider either. I know I don't know crap about recruiting so I never speak on recruiting.)

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Everyone should know that for the most part that there is so much that goes into how intel is released. Leaking misinformation has and probably always will be the best way to not reveal the true intentions. Hurley made a pretty big statement today, I will take him on his word. After his comments I feel pretty confident we will see a new face or two before the season starts.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don’t blame them for sharing what they hear. 99 is being a great guy and being accountable so what more can you ask for? I just laugh at the people on this board who take every little rumor as gospel
Passing along tidbits is kind of a no-win scenario. When you're right, everybody's thrilled about the new add , or whatever, but if something doesn't end up happening, you're a fraud.

Posters on The Boneyard just need to relax and be grateful people share whatever information they have.

Reaction Score
Passing along tidbits is kind of a no-win scenario. When you're right, everybody's thrilled about the new add , or whatever, but if something doesn't end up happening, you're a fraud.

Posters on The Boneyard just need to relax and be grateful people share whatever information they have.
yeah that sums it up. And I would add people here shouldn't count their chickens before they hatch. Nothing is certain, whether it's conference realignment or a recruit committing to the school until the official offer is publicly made to the school (conference realignment) or the LOI is signed (recruiting).

Us UConn fans should know all about that. Sanogo was predicted to go to Seton Hall and Kevin Willard thought for sure he was getting him. Willard got really mad when Sanogo changed his mind and chose UConn.

Shareef Abdur Rahim was rumored to be very close to the coaching staff and players at Georgia Tech. He was surely going there, right? Wrong, he chose Cal. Stephon Marbury was "certain" to go to Syracuse until he didn't and instead chose Georgia Tech.

Nothing is certain until things finish and become official.

I will pat myself on the back here, but it's why I was disappointed but not heartbroken, per se, when Nicolas Timberlake decided on Kansas even though insiders here thought he would go to UConn. Don't be mad at the insiders, things change. Until Timberlake officially signed the LOI for UConn a person can't assume it's a done deal, well, because it isn't.

Reaction Score
I've learned a crap ton more from 99, 429, Matrim and others who try to keep us informed than I'll ever learn from the posters complaining about mistaken insiders; so there's that...and always do as 99 says and take it with a grain of salt.

I don't think I've shared a piece of real info publically in like a year. Leave me out of it, lol. All I'm good for is having too much free time to watch poorly produced high school basketball games.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
yeah that sums it up. And I would add people here shouldn't count their chickens before they hatch. Nothing is certain, whether it's conference realignment or a recruit committing to the school until the official offer is publicly made to the school (conference realignment) or the LOI is signed (recruiting).

Us UConn fans should know all about that. Sanogo was predicted to go to Seton Hall and Kevin Willard thought for sure he was getting him. Willard got really mad when Sanogo changed his mind and chose UConn.

Shareef Abdur Rahim was rumored to be very close to the coaching staff and players at Georgia Tech. He was surely going there, right? Wrong, he chose Cal. Stephon Marbury was "certain" to go to Syracuse until he didn't and instead chose Georgia Tech.

Nothing is certain until things finish and become official.

I will pat myself on the back here, but it's why I was disappointed but not heartbroken, per se, when Nicolas Timberlake decided on Kansas even though insiders here thought he would go to UConn. Don't be mad at the insiders, things change. Until Timberlake officially signed the LOI for UConn a person can't assume it's a done deal, well, because it isn't.
Maybe losing Timberlake was a blessing. If we get him, I think Spencer is a better player who has played against high level competition and had some success. But it seems certain we will be adding someone.

Reaction Score
I don't think I've shared a piece of real info publically in like a year. Leave me out of it, lol. All I'm good for is having too much free time to watch poorly produced high school basketball games.
I'm sure a lot of us appreciate you here on The Boneyard. You have some serious depth to your knowledge of basketball, and you have a great love for the game, it is easy to see.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
There’s way more people white knighting the insiders than actual criticism. I think y’all are the ones that need to relax.

Reaction Score
I saw Tom Moore in Norwalk Saturday afternoon. With Tom & Hurley both not on campus, that would seem odd they had their top offseason priority visiting while they were not on campus...?
Was he down in Norwalk for UConn or on his own time?

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Follow me here. Without Ricker there'd be no Karaban And without Karaban there'd be no #5. So without Ricker there'd be no natty #5
The transitive property is undefeated

Reaction Score
Maybe losing Timberlake was a blessing. If we get him, I think Spencer is a better player who has played against high level competition and had some success. But it seems certain we will be adding someone.
Hopefully it turns out this way with UConn getting Cam Spencer

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
That’s how I feel. Wanted Timberlake badly to fill our shooting void, but had to wonder how much he’d lose by transferring up. Spencer has proven he’s a high major elite 3nD guy already. He’s also better with the ball.

Reaction Score
Would be fun to poke the state university of new jersey in the eye 2 years in a row to fulfill our need for a sniper. Spencer this year, and Griffiths next year.
Baby Thank You GIF

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score

Well said. I watched this 25-minute Cam Spencer highlight reel in its entirety and came to the same conclusion ~3-minutes in.

i wanted to wait until after a commitment for the mojo, but i realized something when i read your comment.. our greatest gift is right here in the present, and it's all we really have. enjoy

Reaction Score
Cam strikes me as a highly efficient two way player who gets in passing lanes/makes steals/smart passes.. Not uber-athletic but high BBIQ.. Clearly has a nice stroke.. IMO.. A better fit for UConn's current roster needs than Timberlake would have been .. Surrounded by the athletes he would have at UConn that would allow him to be a spot up shooter in his spots through ball movement and motion offense could be/would be highly effective.. Looks to me like he can get his shot in late shot clock scenarios as well and FTs at crunch time at a high rate. Reminds me a little bit through play style (although shorter-different position) of a freshman Karaban.

Know the staff is working hard on him.. Worth the effort.. Let's close the deal.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well said. I watched this 25-minute Cam Spencer highlight reel in its entirety and came to the same conclusion ~3-minutes in.

i wanted to wait until after a commitment for the mojo, but i realized something when i read your comment.. our greatest gift is right here in the present, and it's all we really have. enjoy

He's a better passer than I imagined. Clingan and him would have some FUN

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom