Cam Spencer Commits to UConn | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Cam Spencer Commits to UConn

Reaction Score
I don't know what you're looking at, but it's #7. On3 has us as #7 too. I just checked 10 seconds ago.

It seems monumentally ridiculous to me to advocate for not including transfers in a ranking, but you do you.
It shows us as #6 for me, although we are the 7th team down since they list Professional as a team. I do see 7 on the Connecticut team page though now

IMG_1584.jpeg

Reaction Score
I don't know what you're looking at, but it's #7. On3 has us as #7 too. I just checked 10 seconds ago.

It seems monumentally ridiculous to me to advocate for not including transfers in a ranking, but you do you.
Cool story, we disagree.
Screenshot_20230609-151554_Chrome.jpg

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I just think you either lack reading comprehension or don’t care to read. Them landing someone occasionally doesn’t make them on our level on the recruiting trail.

For the 30th time.

As I’ve said, they’ll get guys we prioritize occasionally. It won’t ever be frequent enough to view them as competition.

Our competitors are nova, Kansas, Florida , etc. AKA National Championship Programs

The last two guys we were both involved with picked Rutgers. We historically often find ourselves involved with the same players, but how can you not consider them competition under Pike?

It's ok to admit they have a decent program nobody here will tell them I promise.

Reaction Score
I just think you either lack reading comprehension or don’t care to read. Them landing someone occasionally doesn’t make them on our level on the recruiting trail.

For the 30th time.

As I’ve said, they’ll get guys we prioritize occasionally. It won’t ever be frequent enough to view them as competition.

Our competitors are nova, Kansas, Florida , etc. AKA National Championship Programs
The mere mention of University of Florida basketball makes me smile as I think about Scottie Wilbekin. So hyped and beloved by the Florida faithful. Yet we broke his spirit in 2014. A thoroughly enjoyable beatdown. Go Huskies!!!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

For the 30th time.

Hubris is a dangerous thing.

Statements like never or wont ever or always quite often come back and bite the author on the backside.

Rutgers, under Pikiell can absolutely become a threat, especially if they use some of their vastly superior resources to build a new arena and practice facility.

Reaction Score
The last two guys we were both involved with picked Rutgers. We historically often find ourselves involved with the same players, but how can you not consider them competition under Pike?

It's ok to admit they have a decent program nobody here will tell them I promise.
And we still ended up with the better players. Hurley actually prioritized Sanogo over cliff if I remember correctly. I also recall us backing off of Griffiths early. They’re not a threat. We’re not competing with Rutgers at anything. Yes they’re a decent program. But we’re not competing with decent programs.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hubris is a dangerous thing.

Statements like never or wont ever or always quite often come back and bite the author on the backside.

Rutgers, under Pikiell can absolutely become a threat, especially if they use some of their vastly superior resources to build a new arena and practice facility.
I guess we’ll see. Just don’t hold your breath

Reaction Score
In hindsight, this cannot work any better with Spencer instead of Timberlake!

This staff is the king of “in hindsight”

They deserve & have earned a great deal of confidence

Reaction Score
This staff is the king of “in hindsight”

They deserve & have earned a great deal of confidence

I disagree. I think Hurley is the bonafide carpenter in not only building the roster but also his coaching staff. Birds of a feather flock together! I don’t remember how many times I heard this, be it from players, recruits, families, since Hurley took the helm.

On to Timberlake, his decision likely had more to do with personality/competitiveness not aligned with Hurley, coaching staff and current huskies than $$$ from Kansas.

Reaction Score
The exposure of playing for uconn in the the big east …and playing for Dan Hurley seems to have done it

Reaction Score
“Cam is the perfect addition to our basketball program,” UConn Coach Dan Hurley said. “He brings a unique combination of high-level skill and feel for the game, with a fierce competitiveness that has allowed him to enjoy a terrific college basketball career thus far.”

“Cam is a big-time shooter who also handles and passes well, while playing a disruptive style of defense,” Hurley said. “We cannot wait to get Cam integrated into our basketball family. His veteran leadership will be a welcome benefit.”

Reaction Score
Ok, this is kind of funny…

“I won’t lie to you, I actually boycotted the tournament because I thought we should have gotten in as a team,” said Spencer, referring to Rutgers. “I went back and watched all their games after the tournament.”

So, what impressed Spencer about the Huskies?

“The main thing was their chemistry on the court as a team,” Spencer said. “They were nine deep last year. Just how many guys they had who could contribute and just how connected they were as a team on both ends of the floor, that was really intriguing for me.”

Reaction Score
Ok, this is kind of funny…

“I won’t lie to you, I actually boycotted the tournament because I thought we should have gotten in as a team,” said Spencer, referring to Rutgers. “I went back and watched all their games after the tournament.”

So, what impressed Spencer about the Huskies?

“The main thing was their chemistry on the court as a team,” Spencer said. “They were nine deep last year. Just how many guys they had who could contribute and just how connected they were as a team on both ends of the floor, that was really intriguing for me.”

He's the perfect fit game wise and mentality wise.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Feels like this staff has an abnormal hit rate after visits. Still remember Andres quote about how he took the visit for the sake of it and didn’t think it would make a difference in his recruitment. He had the exact same experience as Spencer, saying he knew by the end of it this was where he needed to be. That always stuck out to me.

Reaction Score
I just saw that Paul Mulcahey is in the portal as well. I feel for Coach Pikiell as he was snake bitten with injuries last year and now is enduring all of these seniors moving on after the portal is closed.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
“I won’t lie to you, I actually boycotted the tournament because I thought we should have gotten in as a team,” said Spencer, referring to Rutgers.
I like this. Sounds like me.

Sick Puppy

Remember, you wanted this.
Reaction Score
Add 1 portion Joey California, a cup of Jordan Hawkins , season to taste with a little Andre Jackson Jr., simmer 'till November, and you've got a perfect UConn player - Cam Spencer

Kansas gonna be fun. Remember Timberlake, you wanted this.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Add 1 portion Joey California, a cup of Jordan Hawkins , season to taste with a little Andre Jackson Jr., simmer 'till November, and you've got a perfect UConn player - Cam Spencer

Kansas gonna be fun. Remember Timberlake, you wanted this.
Can we find another Joey C ? His value as a shooter off the bench, and moxie helped the team alot. Big time portal get by the staff out of nowhere. Hoping we get another late surprise.

Reaction Score
Can we find another Joey C ? His value as a shooter off the bench, and moxie helped the team alot. Big time portal get by the staff out of nowhere. Hoping we get another late surprise.

Big upgrade over Joey C! call me crazy but Cam Spencer looks like mini Luka Doncic Lite....Spencer >> Timberlake all day and night...
Cam Spencer #15 in transfer rankings while Timberlake is #51 per ESPN

Last edited:

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Big upgrade over Joey C! call me crazy but Cam Spencer looks like mini Luka Doncic Lite....Spencer >> Timberlake all day and night...

Happy about Spencer, but was talking specifically adding a bench shooter .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom