Cam Reddish - Update | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Cam Reddish - Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
K and Cal have created the biggest farce in college athletics. They have convinced these guys that you must play at duke or Kentucky to be a lotto pick. They have a monopoly on the high end talent. Ben Simmons and Markelle Fultz should be exhibit A and B that if your an NBA talent it doesn't matter where you play, they'll notice you

Reaction Score
K and Cal have created the biggest farce in college athletics. They have convinced these guys that you must play at duke or Kentucky to be a lotto pick. They have a monopoly on the high end talent. Ben Simmons and Markelle Fultz should be exhibit A and B that if your an NBA talent it doesn't matter where you play, they'll notice you

If LeBron was a high school senior right now he could play for Calhoun at a random D3 school and easily go #1.

Reaction Score
Can't blame anyone for choosing Duke or UK over us right now.. We're not in their stratosphere recruiting wise.

RJ is going UK, Killa Cam is going Duke.

Reaction Score
UConn needs a good season and then needs to place itself back into the blue blood conversation by saying over the top stuff. I got some great insight from some kids on this subject yesterday.

My step-son is a solid prospect and some of his AAU teammates are really good. They are D1 level AAU players and they say UConn isn't flashy like when they were younger. They think KO needs to create attention by saying bold things to improve our image and get attention. Basically, brag more. Say stuff like Cal does, stuff that is funny and sort of obnoxious. I suggested that KO talk about the NBA and how someone thinking a 70 year old, overweight coach knows more about getting to the NBA than he does is funny stuff etc. They said that was exactly what they mean. Keep in mind, all these kids think Lavar Ball is awesome. They love snake oil.

I continue to think UConn needs to get in the mud a little to stay in the public eye....and win games.

Last edited:

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Cam and Tre Jones were hanging out together last night according to both of their Instagram stories, can't imagine them being that close helps at all

Reaction Score
Lol what info. Husky99 repeated what I said earlier that we are second behind Duke in his recruitment.

The bigger forces at play shtick is overplayed on here. If Washington and UNLV can get 5 star talent yearly then so should UCONN.

Ollie and a Chillious need to Pay an in-home visit immediately to Killer Cams family. Convince them to come here. They know he will be a lottery pick wherever he goes why not us. We have the pedigree.

#KillerCamCommitt
#BringChampionshipTimeBackToStorrs

I wish it was shtick but there are many factors that impact recruiting. Especially when you're one of those top 10 ,15, 20 kids. Sure once in a while you find an exception to the rule. Is a uphill battle

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Hearing he likes uconn. But bigger forces pushing him to the blue bloods

Where have I heard this before? Who are these bigger forces and how do we leave flaming bags of dog poop on their doorsteps?

Reaction Score
The day Adam Silver gets rid of the 1 year post HS rule, college basketball will return to it's wonderful days of great teams.

We are getting very close to this. By going to Duke and Kentucky and scoring like 6 ppg on all-star teams, these kids are just twiddling their thumbs. Rarely do these freshman blow up their already stellar HS reputations. I know it happened a few times recently, Cheick Diallo or Diamond Stone or Cliff Alexander, but for the most part, these top7 kids have the same profile in high school. Going to college doesn't change much for them, and they are almost as raw after 1 year of college anyway.

In other words, college doesn't benefit the one-and-dones very much, nor does it really benefit the NBA. Sure, you can avoid a Cliff Alexander once in a while, but there are draft busts all over the place regardless.

The NBA should be ready to take HS kids gain. Give them guaranteed contracts, stash them in the NBDL.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
We are getting very close to this. By going to Duke and Kentucky and scoring like 6 ppg on all-star teams, these kids are just twiddling their thumbs. Rarely do these freshman blow up their already stellar HS reputations. I know it happened a few times recently, Cheick Diallo or Diamond Stone or Cliff Alexander, but for the most part, these top7 kids have the same profile in high school. Going to college doesn't change much for them, and they are almost as raw after 1 year of college anyway.

In other words, college doesn't benefit the one-and-dones very much, nor does it really benefit the NBA. Sure, you can avoid a Cliff Alexander once in a while, but there are draft busts all over the place regardless.

The NBA should be ready to take HS kids gain. Give them guaranteed contracts, stash them in the NBDL.

Yeah, I'd say they could put in place two options: (a) two year college minimum or (b) two year NBADL minimum out of high school. Pick one. Make the NBA DL a real minor league. Allow call-ups and two way contracts etc.

Reaction Score
Lol what info. Husky99 repeated what I said earlier that we are second behind Duke in his recruitment.

The bigger forces at play shtick is overplayed on here. If Washington and UNLV can get 5 star talent yearly then so should UCONN.

Ollie and a Chillious need to Pay an in-home visit immediately to Killer Cams family. Convince them to come here. They know he will be a lottery pick wherever he goes why not us. We have the pedigree.

#KillerCamCommitt
#BringChampionshipTimeBackToStorrs
I think our best chance of him committing here is if he never finds out about that nickname

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Yeah, I'd say they could put in place two options: (a) two year college minimum or (b) two year NBADL minimum out of high school. Pick one. Make the NBA DL a real minor league. Allow call-ups and two way contracts etc.

The NBA needs to sack up and do their own minor league system.

It would benefit everyone. You could even do the college scholarship plan in contracts for kids like MLB does where the team is willing to pick up the tab for school for some picks.

Arbitrarily holding kids out of the league that teams would take is just unconscionable. I'm happy this 1 year rule has been a disaster, it shows what a terrible idea it was to place a random restriction on it in the first place.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
The NBA needs to sack up and do their own minor league system.

It would benefit everyone. You could even do the college scholarship plan in contracts for kids like MLB does where the team is willing to pick up the tab for school for some picks.

Arbitrarily holding kids out of the league that teams would take is just unconscionable. I'm happy this 1 year rule has been a disaster, it shows what a terrible idea it was to place a random restriction on it in the first place.

I partly agree, but the college game needs stability, so I don't really want players to be able to continue the one and done approach. Choose when graduating high school and then choose again later (Sophomore or Junior year). Same as college hockey.

the Q

Reaction Score
I partly agree, but the college game needs stability, so I don't really want players to be able to continue the one and done approach. Choose when graduating high school and then choose again later (Sophomore or Junior year). Same as college hockey.

I am 100% for players being able to declare for the NBA when they so choose.

If he's good enough, the NBA should accept him. And put him in the D league if he's not game ready.

But that would also require them to focus on development in the D league and not lame track meet style basketball.

You'd have more stability getting rid of the 1 and done rather than less. Although you're not gonna have a lot either way unless you do an absurd 2 or 3 year mandate, which only really punishes under-recruited kids or kids who put in the work and had a breakout freshman year that wasn't expected.

the Q

Reaction Score

FWIW....money and history don't agree with the bolded. The NCAA is doing just fine without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom