Cam Reddish - Update | The Boneyard

Cam Reddish - Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Hate to say this but it looks like, from all the publications I read, either Puke or Kensucky - I'm leaning Puke

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
He's going to duke with tre jones

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
One thing I will note, we were the only school he said he had a "great" relationship with the head coach.

Reaction Score
Looking at this article and others I would say we are 2nd in his recruiting with Duke in the lead. His family and him being good friends with Tre Jones and the Duke connection there, Duke having some of the better small forwards in college last several years, and looks like Duke is a clear front runner.

This looks like the Hami situation, UCONN has a close friend connected to the top recruit, but so does Duke and he is a 5 star recruit whereas our guy is a walk-on. I'm hoping that friend of his is texting and calling him constantly on behalf of UCONN. UCONN Sending Cam's friend along with Bunkey for some unofficial fun probably wouldn't hurt.

#KillerCamCommitt
#BringChampionshipTimeBackToStorrs

Reaction Score
This article just came out after Bagley committed correct? Seems like might be kind of log jammed now?

The optimist in me says that Bagleys commitment might have taken Cam out of the Duke race.

The pessimist in me says were doomed anyways.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
we're really bad at recruiting right now, but we're really good at getting on kids final lists :cool:

Yes, we definately need to improve in closing the deal, although I can understand sometimes its beyond our closers' controls.

Reaction Score
The only way to hopefully change his mind is if RJ Barrett preempts Cam and tells us he is going to Duke and Zion Williamson heads to Kentucky. I doubt Cam wants to be second fiddle to RJ as K will play through him instead of Cam.

Be a trailblazer Cam don't be a follower. All we need is one #$$%%% top recruit to swing momentum on our side again in recruiting circles and NBA circles. We need to pay KillerCam a in-home visit with his parents ASAP to sway them.

#KillerCamCommitt
#BringChampionshipTimeBackToStorrs

Reaction Score
In my completely biased opinion, he is going to commit to UConn. The writing is on the wall. Think about it:

- He is going to commit "sooner than people think." That means there is a strong chance he's not going to take all of his visits and that there is a strong chance he's going to commit while on one of his visits. Which school might be among the first he visits to? UConn, where he is apparently visiting in early September, possibly during the weekend of the USF game.

- Reading between the lines, he really likes Kevin Ollie. Like, more than he K or Cal or any other coach on the list. I said it a couple weeks ago - the player/coach relationship is the single biggest factor in a recruitment. Most of the kids who have committed here have done so for that reason.

- He's followed on twitter by the official UConn MBB account. This may not mean everything, but it probably means something. I remain convinced that Diallo was at one time a silent verbal and I would not be surprised if that was the condition for being followed by the account. It's worth mentioning that KO has seemingly lost kids at the alter multiple times, so this by no means guarantees his eventual commitment. However, it could mean that we're in a better position than people think.

I'm also the same person who thought Mo Bamba was coming here. And that was after he had dropped us from his list. So take with a grain of salt.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
In my completely biased opinion, he is going to commit to UConn. The writing is on the wall. Think about it:

- He is going to commit "sooner than people think." That means there is a strong chance he's not going to take all of his visits and that there is a strong chance he's going to commit while on one of his visits. Which school might be among the first he visits to? UConn, where he is apparently visiting in early September, possibly during the weekend of the USF game.

- Reading between the lines, he really likes Kevin Ollie. Like, more than he K or Cal or any other coach on the list. I said it a couple weeks ago - the player/coach relationship is the single biggest factor in a recruitment. Most of the kids who have committed here have done so for that reason.

- He's followed on twitter by the official UConn MBB account. This may not mean everything, but it probably means something. I remain convinced that Diallo was at one time a silent verbal and I would not be surprised if that was the condition for being followed by the account. It's worth mentioning that KO has seemingly lost kids at the alter multiple times, so this by no means guarantees his eventual commitment. However, it could mean that we're in a better position than people think.

I'm also the same person who thought Mo Bamba was coming here. And that was after he had dropped us from his list. So take with a grain of salt.
I was thinking the same. It all adds up. Might not be set in stone, but I bet we're right there.

pj

Reaction Score

It would shock the world. Just when you say you can't, UConn:

Reaction Score
I was thinking the same. It all adds up. Might not be set in stone, but I bet we're right there.

I'm optimistic and hoping we land this kid (and I think we have a legitimate shot), but I actually read the "sooner than people think" comment to be against us. I have a feeling that Cam is ready to make a decision WITHOUT visiting, which gives me an uneasy feeling considering that Duke and UK are in the pool. At this point of the game, I think we're one of the schools that kids NEED to visit to assure themselves, whereas Duke and UK can pull those kids in without visits. I hope I'm wrong.

pj

Reaction Score
I'm optimistic and hoping we land this kid (and I think we have a legitimate shot), but I actually read the "sooner than people think" comment to be against us. I have a feeling that Cam is ready to make a decision WITHOUT visiting, which gives me an uneasy feeling considering that Duke and UK are in the pool. At this point of the game, I think we're one of the schools that kids NEED to visit to assure themselves, whereas Duke and UK can pull those kids in without visits. I hope I'm wrong.

That's how I read it too. To me his quotes sounded most positive about Duke and UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom