Cam Reddish Top 5 | The Boneyard

Cam Reddish Top 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Maybe he won't pick us, maybe he will ... I'm seeing it very positively that a top level guy, at this stage, has us and those 4 elite programs grouped together.

People still know and fear UConn.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Maybe he won't pick us, maybe he will ... I'm seeing it very positively that a top level guy, at this stage, has us and those 4 elite programs grouped together.

People still know and fear UConn.

Side note (and I don't want to go off the rails), but isn't it sad that Villanova is suddenly "elite"? They're like the new UConn, and that bothers me.

Reaction Score
Side note (and I don't want to go off the rails), but isn't it sad that Villanova is suddenly "elite"? They're like the new UConn, and that bothers me.

Seems like they've done a much better job of riding the momentum off their national championship than we did.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Seems like they've done a much better job of riding the momentum off their national championship than we did.

We had just been demoted to the minors when we won ours, and Louisville leaving the AAC made it worse. This is more like UConn after 2004 for them.

pj

Reaction Score
Or, they dominated their non-P5 conference after getting over the hump and UConn didn't. I don't know which fits better.

I think this one. They are the flagship program of their conference, which gives them extra publicity. We've had to share the AAC's glory with Louisville for a time and SMU and Cincy since. It creates the impression that UConn is back in the pack. A few years of conference dominance, with some NCAA success, will bring the luster back.

Reaction Score
I think this one. They are the flagship program of their conference, which gives them extra publicity. We've had to share the AAC's glory with Louisville for a time and SMU and Cincy since. It creates the impression that UConn is back in the pack. A few years of conference dominance, with some NCAA success, will bring the luster back.
We are the flagship program of our conference.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Would be amazing for our image to land a top kid like this. Crystal Ball at 247 is leaning heavily to Duke. He really looks like a perfect UConn wing. Do we have any edge in the level of competition he would face at that spot?

Reaction Score
Or, they dominated their non-P5 conference after getting over the hump and UConn didn't. I don't know which fits better.
Yep. No one is calling the Nova championship a fluke or saying that it was won with another coach's players.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Yep. No one is calling the Nova championship a fluke or saying that it was won with another coach's players.

Well at least their fans aren't saying it about their own school.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Stop, we've been in a free fall since the championship and you think the fans are the problem.

I don't think there's any conflict between thinking the past three seasons have not been up to par and admitting that Kevin Ollie played a significant role in the 2014 win.

If you can't wrap your head around that, you should stop. Not me.

Also, the only people here saying the fans are the problem are the ones who think others aren't alarmed enough. Nice strawman though.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Almost like people have been warnings about that for years? UConn's ability to capitalize on success and championships especially historically has been awful. Some of our worst seasons since 2000 have followed our titles when our iron needs to be the most hot. There really isn't a more up and down program than ours.

Reaction Score
Almost like people have been warnings about that for years? UConn's ability to capitalize on success and championships especially historically has been awful. Some of our worst seasons since 2000 have followed our titles when our iron needs to be the most hot. There really isn't a more up and down program than ours.

4 national championships in 20 years. 5 final fours. Countless final 8s. And we're comparing ourselves to a team that rarely if ever gets out of the first weekend. Crazy stuff.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
4 national championships in 20 years. 5 final fours. Countless final 8s. And we're comparing ourselves to a team that rarely if ever gets out of the first weekend. Crazy stuff.
That's really all you think of Villanova? Well when you boil everything down to 4 titles 5 final fours vs 2 titles we win, then I guess I can see why some like yourself are so complacent with the current mediocrity.

Only 10 years or so to go before others can start saying they have more than 4 titles, then we can start being worried right Upstater?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I don't think there's any conflict between thinking the past three seasons have not been up to par and admitting that Kevin Ollie played a significant role in the 2014 win.

If you can't wrap your head around that, you should stop. Not me.

Also, the only people here saying the fans are the problem are the ones who think others aren't alarmed enough. Nice strawman though.

Fair enough take. This season will tell us quite a bit.

Reaction Score
That's really all you think of Villanova? Well when you boil everything down to 4 titles 5 final fours vs 2 titles we win, then I guess I can see why some like yourself are so complacent with the current mediocrity.

Only 10 years or so to go before others can start saying they have more than 4 titles, then we can start being worried right Upstater?

It's Villanova. Not Duke. When you see Villanova in your bracket and you're a 7 or 8 seed, you're licking your chops. Like having an invitation to the Sweet 16. Free pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom