Cam Johnson officially released from Pitt | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Cam Johnson officially released from Pitt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thanks time to move on I guess, What ever Happened to Shakur Juiston recruiting for UConn, I thought we were involved

Not happening, I can't disclose my source but I would know if he was looking at UConn and we were not even mentioned in the discussion I had.

Reaction Score
But it's the head coaches job to get his guys. We haven't run an efficient offense under Ollie yet, with 2014 as the exception - and that wasn't even a great offensive team. If you can't recruit players to fit your system then you have the wrong system.
We didn't run an efficient offense under JC either. Half court offense has never been a strength of UConn teams. JC's teams did it with defense and transition points along with outstanding outside shooters: Smith, Ray, Rip, Kemba etc.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
We didn't run an efficient offense under JC either. Half court offense has never been a strength of UConn teams. JC's teams did it with defense and transition points along with outstanding outside shooters: Smith, Ray, Rip, Kemba etc.

JC's was actually a prostyle offense, as it was being played in the pros at the time. Lot's of iso stuff and allowing your superior athletes to take over. It was never meant to be beautiful.

Reaction Score
Best Kemba ever shot from 3 in college was 34%, 32.6% for his career.

Reaction Score
So from what I hear we called multiple times and did not get a call back

Reaction Score
So from what I hear we called multiple times and did not get a call back
It's strange that Oz always brings him up still. I wonder if he's being kept in the dark a bit, because your info would appear to be good since we haven't once been mentioned with Johnson.

Reaction Score
It's strange that Oz always brings him up still. I wonder if he's being kept in the dark a bit, because your info would appear to be good since we haven't once been mentioned with Johnson.
That seems to be the case.

Reaction Score
I've seen a number of people say this lately, and I don't really agree.

Calhoun's teams were always defensive-minded, but they were usually decent offensively too. Much more so than what we've seen the past few seasons.

Reaction Score
I've seen a number of people say this lately, and I don't really agree.

Calhoun's teams were always defensive-minded, but they were usually decent offensively too. Much more so than what we've seen the past few seasons.

They were decent when they had really good playmakers but I remember the BY complaining JC's offensive schemes suck a few years, not only because that's what people in the BY do but because they weren't as efficient a few of his years. You need guys who can dribble, shoot and pass to make an offense look good. It can't be one or 2 guys there needs to be flow, even the 5 needs to be able to catch the ball and let people work off the ball. It's not a hard game with good players. As you can see it is when you don't have the necessities.

Reaction Score
Bingo. This is where JC and Ollie have both made some misjudgements. Recruiting athletes before basketball players is a big mistake in many cases. I drool over all these 6'10" Euros in the A10 I see each year. Well coached and fundamentally sound is often better than athletic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom