Calling by all Boneyard doctors | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Calling by all Boneyard doctors

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
We had a great player in Shabazz Napier with other good college basketball players surrounding him.

There was nothing LUCKY about that run. They led everyone but St. Joe's from start to finish.

Just like luck has nothing to do with the disaster that is UConn athletics right now.
Uhhhh...BAZZ(!!!) happened.

I think you are slightly misinterpreting my point. We, as fans, were very fortunate to see that team win a championship only 3 years removed from the last one and 2 years after a postseason ban and a head coaching change. There was nothing lucky about what the players accomplished during that run. But don't sit there and act like you had any expectation we would win that tournament as a 7 seed. I wasn't even sure we would beat St. Joe's.
We are very lucky fans.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Just saw the injury. I’ll bet it’s an MCL only, based on mechanism of injury - pure valgus stress, low velocity. Needs an MRI, and take this with a grain of salt, but I doubt an ACL.

Keeping fingers crossed.

GenericPizza

Formerly Blaze
Reaction Score
Saying MCL sprain prior to an MRI is basically “he probably tore his but we’re not tryna ruin your night even more than it already is”. Tough break and I feel so bad for the guy because he is an absolute gamer

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't think it really matters. Whether it is a sprain or a full tear, Jalen has likely played his last game at UConn.
I wish him the best, and hope he gets his degree.

Reaction Score
Probably some swelling making it tough to know anything definitive until after the MRI. Jalen seems like a great kid and hoping for the best.

Reaction Score
So brutal. I feel for the kid. Hopefully Sid and Brendan can benefit from increased burn.
Personally I rather see the bigs play together now than ever seeing Brendan Adams hoisting another 3 again. LOL! He has the ugliest shot from a guard at UCONN I have seen in a long time.

Reaction Score
None of us knows. The fact he couldn't put weight on it means nothing. I've seen guys walk off the field under their own power and the injury ended their season. I've see lots of guys leave like Jalen did and nothing was torn. I wouldn't be surprised if he is out for the year nor would I be surprised to see him back soon.

Reaction Score
Just saw the injury. I’ll bet it’s an MCL only, based on mechanism of injury - pure valgus stress, low velocity. Needs an MRI, and take this with a grain of salt, but I doubt an ACL.

Keeping fingers crossed.

I'm not a Dr. but I play a lot of fantasy football and I concur.

Thinking grade 2 MCL and he'll be back for start of AAC tournament in 5 weeks.

Reaction Score
So brutal. I feel for the kid. Hopefully Sid and Brendan can benefit from increased burn.
We were lucky that Brendan and Sid didn't run into each other and knock teach others heads off. They were lost out there. They really need to start taking advantage of these opportunities.

Reaction Score
I'm not a Dr. but I play a lot of fantasy football and I concur.

Thinking grade 2 MCL and he'll be back for start of AAC tournament in 5 weeks.

giphy.gif

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
None of us knows. The fact he couldn't put weight on it means nothing. I've seen guys walk off the field under their own power and the injury ended their season. I've see lots of guys leave like Jalen did and nothing was torn. I wouldn't be surprised if he is out for the year nor would I be surprised to see him back soon.

I mean, Paul Pierce was in a freaking wheelchair and came back.

Reaction Score
Looked like he may have stepped on a Temple player's tow and the knee collapsed.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I don't think it really matters. Whether it is a sprain or a full tear, Jalen has likely played his last game at UConn.
I wish him the best, and hope he gets his degree.

Tend to agree. Get the degree, heal up, go to pre draft camps and worse case make a nice living playing ball in Europe.

Reaction Score
Edgar is one of the UConn team Docs and is a knee guy. He is supposed to be outstanding.

Reaction Score
Edgar is one of the UConn team Docs and is a knee guy. He is supposed to be outstanding.

The main guy at UConn is Bob Arciero and he is a great physician and surgeon

Reaction Score
Ok so now that we know it's an MCL sprain, does that rule out ligament damage? Or we still don't know until MRI?

An MCL sprain is ligament damage. It's just not a complete tear.

This will likely mean the rest of the season. People play on these in football. It was said that Brady suffered a MCL sprain during the year, but for a basketball player it is a whole different story.

Safest route for him is to let it fully heal (a few months) and hit the camps in the early summer.

It really sucks because I loved watching Jalen play. It was a pleasure to watch him driving to the hoop and his creative shots. It's just a pleasure watching the kid.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom