Calling all apologizers | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Calling all apologizers

Reaction Score
Screw KenPom. I doubt anyone who matters* takes it seriously and even after a 11 game winning streak leading to the championship Uconn was not even ranked in the top 10, nevermind where they rightfully belonged, number one (where everyone else with any sense had them).

*I do not mean to say that those who take it seriously do not matter, persay. But it is worse than the RPI.
Alright.
The kenpom is not voodoo, or magic, or falls in line with your biases. It takes a team's offensive output, applies it to 100 possessions, and creates an efficiency margin. It does the same exact for defense, but for points allowed. It then adds these two numbers together to get a total efficiency number. That is why UConn was where it was, because it was a mediocre team that happened to go on a nice run in March.

Reaction Score
Screw KenPom. I doubt anyone who matters* takes it seriously and even after a 11 game winning streak leading to the championship Uconn was not even ranked in the top 10, nevermind where they rightfully belonged, number one (where everyone else with any sense had them).

*I do not mean to say that those who take it seriously do not matter, persay. But it is worse than the RPI.
This post is wrong on so many levels. The committee is giving less and less weight to the RPI and giving more and more weight to KenPom, KPI, BPI, ect. In fact, there is discussion about the committee getting rid of the RPI completely.

Do you know why? Basketball people understand the RPI is garbage way to measure teams and know Kenpom is right now the best measurement out there.

Also, going into the game Kenpom had UConn winning by 4, they won by 3. Man that model stinks.

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
@rex33 how many cellphones do you own? asking for a friend...

Not enough to post here.

IMG_0081.jpg

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Alright.
The kenpom is not voodoo, or magic, or falls in line with your biases. It takes a team's offensive output, applies it to 100 possessions, and creates an efficiency margin. It does the same exact for defense, but for points allowed. It then adds these two numbers together to get a total efficiency number. That is why UConn was where it was, because it was a mediocre team that happened to go on a nice run in March.
UConn was one of only a handful of teams that was near the top of the Kenpom rankings in both offense and defense in 2011 before the tournament, so I take issue with the "mediocre" label. At minimum, they were a very good team that played the most grueling regular season schedule of all time, and took their lumps in the win/loss column because of it. They played something like 18 games against the RPI top 100 that year in the regular season, that's ridiculous. They deserve to be graded on a curve for those nine losses.

Reaction Score
More like after UConn is making a big time comeback in the second half.
If Rex is a Patriots fan, he was probably a load of fun to be around the first 3 quarters. :mad: Probably was whining about Tom Brady, the Defense, Belichick, Patricia and the cheerleaders. Might even think the Patriots still lost.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Is this assclown too new to the board to be our lead candidate for a hanging to start our postseason run?

Hanging is too good for him. I say we burn him alive for mojo down the stretch.

Reaction Score
Love how Rex called himself a "true fan" while bashing the team as soon as things looked tough. I am glad I don't have to be around you when times get tough or some adversity comes at you. Assuming you would collapse like Cuse in March.

This year was always going to be a bit of a transition year with no junior class and 3 seniors that lets be honest are better suited to be role players on a top ranked team. Then you add in 3 season ending injuries with 2 of them being to arguably our most talented players. Oh and just to add insult to injury throw in stretches were 2 other scholarship guys are out or stretches of time leaving multiple games played with 6 scholarship players.

The fact that Ollie has been able to keep this team competitive through all this is a testament to his ability as a coach and I for one want no other person leading our program. Is KO perfect, no, but at least I know his teams will always play hard and give it their all.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
The fact that Ollie has been able to keep this team competitive through all this is a testament to his ability as a coach and I for one want no other person leading our program. Is KO perfect, no, but at least I know his teams will always play hard and give it their all.
And they always play their best ball in February and March. True sign of a good coach with a big future.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hanging is too good for him. I say we burn him alive for mojo down the stretch.
I defer to the Jurrdge, but he doesn't feel like a mojo main course. Maybe a side dish though.

Reaction Score
This boy needs some more attention in real life. Kids coming here acting out hoping to get a spanking from daddy Fishy...

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I think "Douchnozzle" is available.

(@Deepster - just thought you might want to take a look at this thread. It's getting to be that time of year.)

Hanging Rex would be like giving a root canal to Bill Murray's character in Little Shop of Horrors. Fun for the wrong person.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I defer to the Jurrdge, but he doesn't feel like a mojo main course. Maybe a side dish though.
I bear no animosity to @rex33 or any of the other posters who struggle with handling adversity. My "rant" against him was less about what he stated and more about people making him a focus of mojo. The mojo we created around @william shea was funny because it was the first time people exhibited restraint towards someone having a tantrum. That was admirable. That was the real mojo.

Continuing making mojo out of tantrums is bad mojo imo. Once is fine. But more than once and we make a statement that losing control is something we admire. I understand it, I can be sympathetic to it, but in no way do I want to promote it.

Reaction Score
This post is wrong on so many levels. The committee is giving less and less weight to the RPI and giving more and more weight to KenPom, KPI, BPI, ect. In fact, there is discussion about the committee getting rid of the RPI completely.

Do you know why? Basketball people understand the RPI is garbage way to measure teams and know Kenpom is right now the best measurement out there.

Also, going into the game Kenpom had UConn winning by 4, they won by 3. Man that model stinks.
Well, no, it is not. Uconn wins championship, is promptly rated number 11. That is wrong.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Is this assclown too new to the board to be our lead candidate for a hanging to start our postseason run?
I'm thinking it's time to hang the jurrrddggggee (extra letters to emphasize the neck stretch. Give @Stairmaster's avatar to the Deep)! Let the mojo be something like @Deepster having to create a thread after every women's bb game, or making him eat a juicy steak while watching every game or having him make a statement about how he is a fanboy of Geno, Tom Brady and @upstater every game~!

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Well, no, it is not. Uconn wins championship, is promptly rated number 11. That is wrong.
There should be a value considered for clutch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom