Calipari is ridiculous | The Boneyard

Calipari is ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...n-calipari-discusses-difficulty-starting-38-0

I enjoyed this quote:

""No disrespect to anybody, but who was the national champion two years ago, three years ago, four years ago?" Calipari said. "38-0, that's going to go down. To take away from what my team did last year and say you didn't win it? We won 38 in a row to start. That won't ever be done again. I'm so proud of what they did."

He really thinks people remember winning streaks but not national champions? He is a turd

Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...n-calipari-discusses-difficulty-starting-38-0

I enjoyed this quote:

""No disrespect to anybody, but who was the national champion two years ago, three years ago, four years ago?" Calipari said. "38-0, that's going to go down. To take away from what my team did last year and say you didn't win it? We won 38 in a row to start. That won't ever be done again. I'm so proud of what they did."

He really thinks people remember winning streaks but not national champions? He is a turd

He's kind of like many Cuse fans.

Reaction Score
But he is right (IMO). If you ask most people who the top program has been for the past 5 years, they'd say Kentucky or Duke. Even moderate fans may not know who won the last 5 national championships.

I do find it odd that Calipari, on a regular basis, minimizes national championships. He almost seems to believe it.

I dislike Calipari as much as many (not all), but I actually think he was a good coach at one time. It's not like the UMass teams (minus Camby) out-talented everyone. I think he's given up coaching players up because: i) he doesn't have time with them leaving after a year; and ii) he's letting them play like they will play in the NBA anyway. It's sort of a vicious circle.

Reaction Score

I enjoyed this quote:

The hilarious thing about that quote is that the answer of course is UConn (over Kentucky), Louisville, and Kentucky. So two championships that undoubtedly annoy him to no end and the other (his) is the only reason why his coaching ability isn't called into question even more than it already is.

There's nobody who remembers those three specific national champions more than John Calipari.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

I enjoyed this quote:

Um, Coach? YOU WON THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP 4 YEARS AGO!!

Reaction Score
Calipari is an insufferable self promoter. He really is annoying. I'm sure if Duke had gone 38-0 and then lost to Kentucky in the Final Four and Kentucky won the national championship after a few losses during the year he would be saying the exact opposite.

Reaction Score
He is also OT. Not sure when UK posts qualified for "non OT' status.

Reaction Score
he just is who he is. he's a salesman who happens to coach

A friend, who was a car salesman for a while, showed me his sales manual. On one page there was a list of reasons why a dark- colored car was preferable. On the next page was a list for light colors. It was the same list!
There was no author listed, but it could have been written by the squid.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
No, squid - what's going to "go down" is your win total, again. Funny how nobody remembers anything about your Memphis team, except the fact that you slithered out of there.

Reaction Score

I enjoyed this quote:

Try telling that to the UK fans at the airport after we beat em in Dallas and in Houston. No smiles at all !

Reaction Score

I enjoyed this quote:

He's getting a little too comfortable with Calhoun out of the game. If a reporter read that quote to JC, he would make headline news with a response.

As for our recruits, they remember who won national championships when they walk into our "Champions Center".

Reaction Score
Try telling that to the UK fans at the airport after we beat em in Dallas and in Houston. No smiles at all !
I agree. As much grief as we give uk fans they ain't buying this 'close but no cigar' bs. They are buying the hope he sells though, just not the results.

Unfortunately recruits on the other hand are coming to him with bibs on, nose wide open smelling the cooking and holding a pen as a spoon.

Hell inside his briefcase has NBA scouts at practice, Vitale and others kissing his arse, NBA draft picks galore, ESPN in his pocket, national tv crews at open practices, top-notch practice facility, sold out gyms, fanatic fanbase, daily practices with HS All American, etc.. But with all of these tools he can't win the big one, even against lesser talent.

An impressionable high school kid, doesn't have much of a chance with his selling skills.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I enjoyed this quote:

Wasn't Wichita State undefeated going into the tournament just the prior year? UNLV? It's been done before and will be done again. This guy is a weasel. His mindset, delusional for sure, certainly sheds some light as to why we are not in the Power 5. Who needs national champions when you get to substitute it with arrogance and delusion? Must be nice to live in a world where you lie to yourself like that.

Reaction Score
That Kentucky team will be remembered as much for the fact they weren't able to win the whole thing as much as they will be for the win streak. People will not remember the exact number of wins Kentucky had during the streak. How can he argue the fact that they didn't win it all? They failed when it counted most. That's a fact and can't be disputed.

I'm sure he remembers who won two years ago because they beat his team's ass in the NC game.

Reaction Score
That Kentucky team will be remembered as much for the fact they weren't able to win the whole thing as much as they will be for the win streak. People will not remember the exact number of wins Kentucky had during the streak. How can he argue the fact that they didn't win it all? They failed when it counted most. That's a fact and can't be disputed.

I'm sure he remembers who won two years ago because they beat his team's ass in the NC game.
He will be remembered as a coach who lost a ridiculous amount of games while typically fielding a more talented group of players. His streak of losing big games may be getting close to 38 in a row.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
"No disrespect to anybody, but who was the national champion two years ago, three years ago, four years ago?" Calipari said."38-0, that's going to go down."

Yes, because it ended with UK going down.

It's not the streak that people will remember (surely fewer people will remember what the streak was than will remember the National Champion); it's that Kentucky didn't win, despite it.

Reaction Score
That's not even close to what he's going to be remembered as, and I'm not just saying that because Paesano thinks he has a crush on me.
Like any good lap dog, you bark every time somebody laughs at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom