Calipari is ridiculous | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Calipari is ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Like any good lap dog, you bark every time somebody laughs at him.

The statement about Calipari was objectively dumb as duck*. Cal obviously will go down in history as a guy who won a ton but who was always considered sleazy. Can you possibly disagree with that, or do you just want to shoot the messenger?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
What he says doesn't bother me. The gullible people who don't see his spin doctoring........

When it comes down to it the people he needs to convince are the power brokers behind the athletic department. He's been very successful but it was the 2012 NC that keeps him from having any heat. I think it's naive to not consider that at least some of the power brokers would be satisfied with only successful seasons and no NC's. They want to overtake UCLA.

So his shtick is just that - entertainment. I can p*ss on him all I want but if that's what's going to make me happy then I'm as silly as the people who buy his shtick. I want NC's and could care less about squid other than as an appetizer.

Reaction Score
It was impossible for the Patriots to go 4-0.

No they couldn't, you are correct 3-0 was all they could do because after all they went 16-0. Too bad they had that one blemish it could have been a special year.

Reaction Score
What he says doesn't bother me. The gullible people who don't see his spin doctoring...

When it comes down to it the people he needs to convince are the power brokers behind the athletic department. He's been very successful but it was the 2012 NC that keeps him from having any heat. I think it's naive to not consider that at least some of the power brokers would be satisfied with only successful seasons and no NC's. They want to overtake UCLA.

So his shtick is just that - entertainment. I can p*ss on him all I want but if that's what's going to make me happy then I'm as silly as the people who buy his shtick. I want NC's and could care less about squid other than as an appetizer.

No, the people he needs to convince are high school kids. And he's doing that. As long as he keeps going to Final Fours and an occasional title, his job will never be in danger

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
No, the people he needs to convince are high school kids. And he's doing that. As long as he keeps going to Final Fours and an occasional title, his job will never be in danger
Obviou$ly he ha$ to convince high $chool kid$ but I $trongly doubt thi$ i$ the $tuff that convince$ them.

You and I both agree he has to win national titles. Otherwise he gets heat.

Reaction Score
Paesano said:
Like any good lap dog, you bark every time somebody laughs at him.

I think your Insult Generator might be broken.

Reaction Score
Fans have short memories for sure and he's correct about that but what they won't forget is that Kentucky went 38-0 and then did not finish the job. A failure of major proportion based on the personell advantage they held on their roster. Only one person to blame and it's Calipari. He spins and the press laps it up, it's an old show.

Reaction Score
That most coveted prize, the 38-1 banner.

Reaction Score
I commented on this in another thread. What a delusional a**hole. Those 38 wins probably vacated sometime soon anyway.

Reaction Score
I'm in the minority, but I'm not a big calapari hater. He's a much better coach then he was at mass. He's also a very graceful loser...which is convenient for us.

Reaction Score
Calipari will never have a problem recruing kids as we all know and thats all he cares about. Im not sure how much past success has to do with high school kids choosing a college program, but Calipari sells the dream at Kentucky by having every kid that he recruits think they are a first round draft pick. No, UK didnt win the national championship last year, but they sure as heck got the most attention throughout the season and in the tournament. It seemed like ESPN had a special on them every other day. Thats all good for exposure and recruiting and Calipari knows that. Thats what hes trying to get at with those comments.

Reaction Score
I'm in the minority, but I'm not a big calapari hater. He's a much better coach then he was at mass. He's also a very graceful loser...which is convenient for us.
How old are you? Honest question.

Reaction Score
Calipari will never have a problem recruing kids as we all know and thats all he cares about. Im not sure how much past success has to do with high school kids choosing a college program, but Calipari sells the dream at Kentucky by having every kid that he recruits think they are a first round draft pick. No, UK didnt win the national championship last year, but they sure as heck got the most attention throughout the season and in the tournament. It seemed like ESPN had a special on them every other day. Thats all good for exposure and recruiting and Calipari knows that. Thats what hes trying to get at with those comments.
Interesting take. It would appear that past success has very little to do with recruiting or we would be pulling in more of those Top 20ish kids than Kentucky versus the other way around. And I am referring to success while these kids have actually been alive, not the 50s, which I doubt the give a crap about. The thing is, I don't believe that it is as easy as selling a dream and I do believe recent success should matter more than it appears to. That is why I believe he is still a cheating snake. That and comments I have heard from actual insiders.

Reaction Score
Not to mention that Kentucky lost in the national semi-final, not even the final. I will remember Duke winning (gulp) ten years from now and that Coach Cal was there Coach and has insane rosters and still could not win it all, I doubt I will remember them going 38 - 0 in 2014/5 nor remember them making it to the semifinal.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Going 38-0 is extremely difficult, more difficult than winning the national title...but nobody in their right mind would rather do that than win the whole thing. Calipari just sounds ridiculous here.

Reaction Score
39. You going to give me a history lesson?
Don't be so sensitive. No.

39 today means you were 19 in 1995. Were you frequenting the message boards back then? I mean the old Courant message board and the others on the old dial up providers? I can't recall if the really active ones were AOL or one of the others. Even during the early days of The Boneyard and the umess hoops boards were pretty nasty. Calipari created a blood feud that got really nasty on the various message boards of the day and he made multiple very thinly veiled attacks at Calhoun including basically calling him a coward. For many of us that were on the boards at that time and were reading the papers, it is hard not to hold a grudge. That is all.

Reaction Score
Don't be so sensitive. No.

39 today means you were 19 in 1995. Were you frequenting the message boards back then? I mean the old Courant message board and the others on the old dial up providers? I can't recall if the really active ones were AOL or one of the others. Even during the early days of The Boneyard and the umess hoops boards were pretty nasty. Calipari created a blood feud that got really nasty on the various message boards of the day and he made multiple very thinly veiled attacks at Calhoun including basically calling him a coward. For many of us that were on the boards at that time and were reading the papers, it is hard not to hold a grudge. That is all.

I wasn't on the message board at the time. That may have changed my opinion. I read a lot of courant articles back then, but they may have not given the same insight into how bitter the rivalry was. For me it was 20 yrs ago and i have moved on.

Reaction Score
I would agree that his recent statement is ridiculous. Didn't St Joe's go undefeated through the regular season a few years back? I think you would be hard pressed to find someone who remembers how great that St. Joe's team was.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Yeah, fans can complain all they want, but the only thing that matters is wins and keeping UK center stage. At that, Calipari is a master. UK would top every single high school kid's list as the 'premier' college program in the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom