California state university system cancels fall classes on campus | Page 11 | The Boneyard

California state university system cancels fall classes on campus

DB24MTN

UConn 2019 NCAA Champions
Reaction Score
Smart man! I took 2 online classes in my UConn career and I wouldn’t pay 25% tuition to do a full semester of them. Complete joke.
I’ve taken a few summer classes at community colleges and what not for some credits, fine. Being forced into it this semester while taking a lot of classes for my major was a nightmare. Even if fully prepared for them, you just lose so much while watching a recorded lecture from your bed. Not to mention the loss of on campus resources. Just not worth the 25k a year instate tuition (or whatever it is at this point).

Reaction Score
If everyone wore masks we'd be more likely to have football this fall. But for some idiots, it's "muh freedom and choice" to be a selfish a hole.
Just to play Devil's Advocate, Isn't it selfish for you to lecture people who won't wear masks, because if they did "we" would have football. Just saying. Seems kind of hypocritical.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Just to play Devil's Advocate, Isn't it selfish for you to lecture people who won't wear masks, because if they did "we" would have football. Just saying. Seems kind of hypocritical.
You wear a mask to protect others from getting infected by you. It’s the definition of selfish to not wear one. People who don’t wear makes deserve to be shamed and ridiculed until my voice is hoarse.

Reaction Score
Schools are starting to open up all around Europe, along with businesses. Universities are slower to reopen but they're all expected to for the next academic year.

Reaction Score
So you agree with my other points that the Federal response has been pathetic and certain very important things like money, defense prod act & CDC response can only be done by them?

Did all the governors make nursing homes accept Covid patients or just Cuomo & Jersey? What evidence are you citing that decision directly resulted in tens of thousands of deaths? I'm sure it increased the toll but to say every nursing home death is Cuomo's fault and that the virus wasn't already present in many nursing homes is a tad overstated on your part wouldn't you agree?
One thing I've learned from this and all the other threads on here about Covid is you'll never convince 99% of posters their party is doing anything wrong ever

Reaction Score
Schools are starting to open up all around Europe, along with businesses. Universities are slower to reopen but they're all expected to for the next academic year.

European universities are a little different than ours.

I expect ours to reopen later, but since Euro schools begin in late October and then classes meet only once a month, it may be easier for them. Every discussion with regard to US schools has been about safety measures and also dorms. The Europeans don't have to worry about dorms.

Reaction Score
One reason why Cal State chose to remain shut are the commuter students. Let's see what UL does. They'll probably have classes for optics.

Reaction Score
Just had a department meeting, and we were basically instructed that all kids pass, even if they haven't done a damn thing since school shut down in mid-March.. My oh my...

Reaction Score
Did you state this correctly ?

Lectures, yes. The UK system is different.

In France, Italy, etc., you go to the professor's lecture once a month, then meet up with classmates and proctors otherwise. I attended the University of Padova, and I was assured by domestic students that the schedule was normal and typical on the continent. My flatmate attended one of the U. of Paris's and said it was a normal schedule as well. In the UK, you meet all the time and practically live with students (i.e dine).

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is quite an interesting article. I’m curious to see what others think. I think our current approach to higher education is hanging by a thread, and that thread is the fact that many major employers still require a four year degree. As soon as that changes, colleges are in trouble.

Reaction Score
European universities are a little different than ours.

I expect ours to reopen later, but since Euro schools begin in late October and then classes meet only once a month, it may be easier for them. Every discussion with regard to US schools has been about safety measures and also dorms. The Europeans don't have to worry about dorms.
The Swedish schools never closed.

I assume there has not been much of a problem because the media would have gone haywire of there had been.

Reaction Score
The Swedish schools never closed.

I assume there has not been much of a problem because the media would have gone haywire of there had been.

Swedish universities closed on March 17th.

But the rest of the country stayed open and paid a price. They are doing worse death per capita than the USA, and of the countries where the infectious spread started in March and not February (i.e. excluding Spain, Italy and France), only the UK is doing worse than Sweden.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom