California state university system cancels fall classes on campus | The Boneyard

California state university system cancels fall classes on campus

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Damn. I mean I love my kids, but I'd love to see them on a campus this fall and not living at home:

Reaction Score
This may be a stupid question, but Is It possible college football and basketball are in fact played this season, but some schools will just not be participating? If NYC is still a hot spot come September/October, which is a strong possibility, and St, John’s cannot return, will the Big East just go on and play without them for the season?

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Unfortunately I can see this plan spreading to NY...then NJ...then eastern PA...then CT because certain places like to follow each other. They just need one area to take the initial plunge.

I hope I'm wrong.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I wonder if this will this effect sports both amateur and professional?
This may be a stupid question, but Is It possible college football and basketball are in fact played this season, but some schools will just not be participating? If NYC is still a hot spot come September/October, which is a strong possibility, and St, John’s cannot return, will the Big East just go on and play without them for the season?
Great question. When I saw this news story yesterday, I thought that's a baaaaaaaaaaad sign for fall sports in general.
Unfortunately I can see this plan spreading to NY...then NJ...then eastern PA...then CT because certain places like to follow each other. They just need one area to take the initial plunge.

I hope I'm wrong.
I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see any logical way that the dominoes falling don't lead to the cancellation of fall college sports for all NCAA schools. I believe the NCAA presidents have already said that they will not have sports without students back on campus. California is the largest state university system in the country and I don't see the NCAA taking a divided stance on this.

Reaction Score
I understand why California wud cancel fall sports but why make the decision this early? Why not wait another month till mid June? Why the burning rush to call it so fast? Does fall semester start in late July out there? Or they just trying to be the first ones? Extra strange when u take into account that just a couple weeks ago Cali was talking about reopening public schools in July. So weird

Reaction Score
I understand why California wud cancel fall sports but why make the decision this early? Why not wait another month till mid June? Why the burning rush to call it so fast? Does fall semester start in late July out there? Or they just trying to be the first ones? Extra strange when u take into account that just a couple weeks ago Cali was talking about reopening public schools in July. So weird

Exactly. This is nuts. To make a determination now, in the middle of May, is insane. California, Illinois, Pennsylvania, and New York are going to see mass protests real soon.

Reaction Score

Fall Sports have spring and summer workouts. If they aren't back on campus by early June, especially football, then it isn't happening

Reaction Score
Over constantly moving the goal posts on the length of stay at home orders.

If they are upfront as to what their criteria is to reopen the economy and show progress in doing that, NY state has already said that portions of the state will be able to slowly reopen this weekend. If people want to be dumb and crowd beaches with no regard for each other then having to reclose down is the result.

Reaction Score
If they are upfront as to what their criteria is to reopen the economy and show progress in doing that, NY state has already said that portions of the state will be able to slowly reopen this weekend. If people want to be dumb and crowd beaches with no regard for each other then having to reclose down is the result.

There is new evidence that the majority of those getting sick are the ones staying home. Transmission is much less likely in open air. Take a look at PA. Less than 4,000 deaths of which 70% are from nursing homes. Yet they just extended their stay at home orders. Why? Slowly and safely reopen the economy while still protecting the vulnerable. You can do both!!!

Reaction Score
There is new evidence that the majority of those getting sick are the ones staying home. Transmission is much less likely in open air. Take a look at PA. Less than 4,000 deaths of which 70% are from nursing homes. Yet they just extended their stay at home orders. Why? Slowly and safely reopen the economy while still protecting the vulnerable. You can do both!!!

You realize that a lot of restaurants and businesses where people work are all in enclosed spaces right?

Reaction Score

It didn't walk into their homes. Someone brought it in from outside transmission.

Reaction Score
You realize that a lot of restaurants and businesses where people work are all in enclosed spaces right?

Yes, that is why I said safely and slowly reopen. I’m not in the “reopen everything immediately” crowd.

It didn't walk into their homes. Someone brought it in from outside transmission.

Correct, but it’s not possible to avoid leaving the house completely. People need to eat. It’s when people go out and then stay confined in a house that they see the transmission.

If everyone wore masks we'd be more likely to have football this fall. But for some idiots, it's "muh freedom and choice" to be a selfish a hole.

THIS, sadly.

Reaction Score
Over 60% of deaths in CT. in nursing homes, over 60% in Massachussets, 72% in New Hampshire, 80% in Minnesota. 90% of deaths in CT. last week were in nursing homes.

Exactly, and largely because clown governors required nursing homes to take coronavirus patients. Slowly reopen the economy while protecting the vulnerable.

Reaction Score
Yes, that is why I said safely and slowly reopen. I’m not in the “reopen everything immediately” crowd.

Correct, but it’s not possible to avoid leaving the house completely. People need to eat. It’s when people go out and then stay confined in a house that they see the transmission.

THIS, sadly.
Just about nobody is in that crowd but it's a way for people to shutdown dialogue.

Reaction Score
Wasn’t there info that in NY 66% of those positive were in self quarantine?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom