Calhoun transfer from Duke | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Calhoun transfer from Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I wonder how many of the AP voters and coaches who are voting So Carolina #1 in the polls right now would actually pick them to beat UCONN.

Doesn't it follow that the answer is yes or they just mail it in without thought until they get a dramatic slap up side the head? For many I suspect it is wish fulfillment, don't you?

Reaction Score
Doesn't it follow that the answer is yes or they just mail it in without thought until they get a dramatic slap up side the head? For many I suspect it is wish fulfillment, don't you?
I suspect there is a lot of, "They haven't lost, so they deserve to be ranked #1 until they do lose", plus maybe some, "I believe in my heart that UCONN will beat them like a stepchild, but I'll just go with the "deserve until" theory, let nature take its course, and everything will end up right in the end."

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I suspect there is a lot of, "They haven't lost, so they deserve to be ranked #1 until they do lose", plus maybe some, "I believe in my heart that UCONN will beat them like a stepchild, but I'll just go with the "deserve until" theory, let nature take its course, and everything will end up right in the end."

As Geno said a week ago or so, all excited ;): It's been a long time since we played number 1 at Gampel in February. He is a wag, is he not?

Reaction Score
I wonder how many of the AP voters and coaches who are voting So Carolina #1 in the polls right now would actually pick them to beat UCONN.
They MIGHT get a vote from voters in Tennessee and South Carolina but even then, that's sketchy.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Excuuuuse me. No time nor inclination for twittering tweetering claptrap. Other, more important stuff in life.

If you have important stuff to do, why are you posting on the Boneyard?

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
We were at MSG on Sunday and DannyUConns son David showed me on his phone from the Hearld Sun that Calhoun transferred. I wrote the info down on a business card, handed it to Stu who was sitting in front of me and right behind Pam and LaChina and they read it. So they knew about the transfer when it happened. Why the press hasn't gone public? Good question. Mike Flynn mentioned a video. Gotta wonder if it disappeared at Duke and if somebody has a copy? If they do and it comes out we will know more. Unfortunately for Duke to many people know what happened because Im sure that if Mike Flynn saw the video somebody has a copy and I would have to think more people have seen it. JMO I have don't know if anybody else saw it or not but if I had to guess I think its a pretty good guess. JMO

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Very interesting that there's no update on Calhoun, as many college semesters are starting or already have started. Nothing much on the Devil's Den either. I hope most of the info that is swirling out there is supposition, and that she finds a home where she's happy.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Yes. I have been sort of halfassedly following the situation, and beyond the usual "We appreciate Sierra and wish her well", there has been absolutely nothing in the way of hard information. There have been a lot of rumors, some stemming from Flynn's tweets and others from God inows where, but nothing from "reliable sources".

Reaction Score
Has anyone heard if Sierra enrolled in a college/university for the Spring 2015 semester?

Reaction Score
McCallie called Calhoun's move ''the saddest thing I've ever seen in college athletics'' because ''she wanted to stay and other decision-makers were moving along.''

Some rumors have suggested that Calhoun's father was unhappy and pulled her. McCallie's statement would mesh with that.
Then again, Flynn's statements suggest something else.

JS

Reaction Score
Some rumors have suggested that Calhoun's father was unhappy and pulled her. McCallie's statement would mesh with that.
How are Flynn's statements incompatible with the father being unhappy and wanting to pull her?

Reaction Score
How are Flynn's statements incompatible with the father being unhappy and wanting to pull her?
Haha. Fair enough, given my statement.
I didn't want to to into too much detail on the rumor, because it was just a rumor and others were disputing this rumor.
In contrast, Flynn seemed to suggest that there was a specific incident of unacceptable behavior by the coaches that led to departure.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
If Calhoun is a good ball handler- I wouldn't mind her coming to UConn- we are thin in the back court. She may be more of a wing, small forward, but if she could be a 2 Gd as well, I would take her in a heartbeat!

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Mike Flynn knows what happened.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

She's an adult; dad can't tell her what to do any more.

JS

Reaction Score
Haha. Fair enough, given my statement.
I didn't want to to into too much detail on the rumor, because it was just a rumor and others were disputing this rumor.
In contrast, Flynn seemed to suggest that there was a specific incident of unacceptable behavior by the coaches that led to departure.
Might not a specific incident have led the father to push the departure?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Hasn't been decided yet. Since the Winter Semester has started everywhere, might not know until the Summer.

Reaction Score
Hasn't been decided yet. Since the Winter Semester has started everywhere, might not know until the Summer.

then she must sit out the entire 2015-16 season.... if she made a quick decision, she could play next year- is there an academic situation ?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Don't know about Academics. Have heard a rumor she might end up at a B10 School.

Reaction Score
if she made a quick decision, she could play next year-
But she'd only to get to play the latter half of the year. This way she at least maintains 3 full years of eligibility.

Reaction Score
But she'd only to get to play the latter half of the year. This way she at least maintains 3 full years of eligibility.

If she had enrolled somewhere for this semester, then she could play more than 2/3's of next season (maybe more than 3/4's). If she didn't enroll, then she ends up sitting out almost 1.5 years before she can play again. Is it worth sitting out another full year to play an extra 6-10 games.

For some perspective, if a player had transferred to UConn last winter, she would have had to sit out only 7 games of a possible 40 this season before being eligible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom