Calhoun transfer from Duke | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Calhoun transfer from Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We were at MSG on Sunday and DannyUConns son David showed me on his phone from the Hearld Sun that Calhoun transferred. I wrote the info down on a business card, handed it to Stu who was sitting in front of me and right behind Pam and LaChina and they read it. So they knew about the transfer when it happened. Why the press hasn't gone public? Good question. Mike Flynn mentioned a video. Gotta wonder if it disappeared at Duke and if somebody has a copy? If they do and it comes out we will know more. Unfortunately for Duke to many people know what happened because Im sure that if Mike Flynn saw the video somebody has a copy and I would have to think more people have seen it. JMO I have don't know if anybody else saw it or not but if I had to guess I think its a pretty good guess. JMO
Ahh...the missing video mystery. The plot thickens...

Reaction Score
Is it worth sitting out another full year to play an extra 6-10 games. For some perspective, if a player had transferred to UConn last winter, she would have had to sit out only 7 games of a possible 40 this season before being eligible.

And if she rushed to make a decision, she could end up in an even worse situation.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If Calhoun is a good ball handler- I wouldn't mind her coming to UConn- we are thin in the back court. She may be more of a wing, small forward, but if she could be a 2 Gd as well, I would take her in a heartbeat!
Geno-ista,
I don't think Calhoun's talent or the depth of the UCONN roster at SG/SF position will be the deciding factors here. You have to think along the lines of a recent Geno quote about having to make a decision along the lines of: " Do I want that family involved with my program? Too often the answer is no." This might not be an exact quote but may fully explain why UCONN lost interest then and would still have no interest today.

Geno is frequently transparent and the timing of that quote in relation to Calhoun transfer announcement is not coincidental, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom