Caldwell '14 to commit Fri (11/30) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Caldwell '14 to commit Fri (11/30)

Status
Not open for further replies.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Saw this on the Baylor forum:

Recee' was born in Hemet, California - southeast of Los Angeles.
In March 2007, her family moved to San Antonio from California so her father, Ray Caldwell, could "start a club team".

Don't recall if she's even tripped unofficially to UCLA recently.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Has Caldwell taken an unoffical to UCLA?

Don't know, but she was born in Cal and apparently has ties to SoCal. I'm told that she would play early at UCLA and also that she wants to jump on the opportunity before others do.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Saw this on the Baylor forum:

Recee' was born in Hemet, California - southeast of Los Angeles.
In March 2007, her family moved to San Antonio from California so her father, Ray Caldwell, could "start a club team".

Don't recall if she's even tripped unofficially to UCLA recently.

Hemet is between San Diego and Palm Springs, maybe 2 hours to L.A. (if that is relevant).

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
From the Altavilla chat going on at the moment:

John Altavilla:
"A little bird told me to expect her to choose UCLA and that her announcement coming so soon is an indication of that "

There was a similar bird a few weeks ago that was saying that Kendall Cooper was headed to UCLA over Duke... and we know how that ended up. Guess we will all find out Friday.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
There was a similar bird a few weeks ago that was saying that Kendall Cooper was headed to UCLA over Duke... and we know how that ended up. Guess we will all find out Friday.

But wasn't that bird chirping anonymously on a message board knowing the information was false? That's my recollection. Let's just say that the bird chirping to John A and Rich has good reason to know what's likely to happen on Friday.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the additional inf re Recee's early years! I had remembered sometime ago reading about the
connection between Recce and Jordan Canada. I think it may have been when they were both members of the
USA 16 team a year and a 1/2 ago! I think prior to Recee moving, they were good friends and were teammates
on S CA teams. I must have read that on the USA site.

If UCLA is seriousely being considered,it is not for there fan base
for womens basketball. They have had some good /a few great basketball
players since the 70s. Since Womens BB exploed they really have not been
been close to being an elite team,no fan base,with Oliver the Coach for almost 20 years
until she stepped down/fired and Caldwell became Coach.
When Caldwell left,screwing over the program,the current Coach was hired.

The current Coaching Staff have been very aggressive/active in going after elite
players! Coming up just short numerous times,but continuing to
spend alot of time pursuing the Elite! They did get Nina Fields,but that seemed
like a unique situation. Her "Dad" was at the time new Coach of the Lakers
Mke Davis!

If Recee anounces for UCLA,I believe it would be an emotional decision. plus being sold
on the idea of building UCLA into an elite womens program. Having lived
there for almost half of my life,they have never been able to develop the kind of fan base
that the Elite Programs have. They do have new facities and the "NEW" Pauley Pavilion!

So if one thinks that Recee picks UCLA you would also have to think that they would
lead for Jordan Canada! Hmmmm ;)
Ira

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
But wasn't that bird chirping anonymously on a message board knowing the information was false? That's my recollection. Let's just say that the bird chirping to John A and Rich has good reason to know what's likely to happen on Friday.

Good point.......

I think from now on.. I'll just ignore chirping birds..... not a big fan of birds anyway... unless they are battered and fried :p

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Don't know, but she was born in Cal and apparently has ties to SoCal. I'm told that she would play early at UCLA and also that she wants to jump on the opportunity before others do.
She would likely play early at UConn too, if she works hard at practice. UConn's guard roster her frosh year would be: frosh Ekmark, Soph Chong, junior Jefferson and seniors Banks and KML(who is .really a 3) She would not likely start for a couple of years, but things would really open up when she is a soph.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
She would likely play early at UConn too, of she works hard at practice. UConn's guard roster her frosh year would be: frosh Ekmark, Soph Chong, junior Jefferson and seniors Banks and KML. She would not likely start for a couple of years, but things would really open up when she is a soph.

I didn't say it was playing time alone. I understand location (CA) and family may be important considerations. We'll see.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
I didn't say it was playing time alone. I understand location (CA) and family may be important considerations. We'll see.

Right, we will see.

Not that long ago, there was a Cali guard who was considering both UConn and UCLA. She chose UConn and became one of, if not THE greatest WBB player of all time, despite not starting as a frosh. No doubt in my mind that would not have happened if she did not choose UConn and Geno.

Caldwell has the same choice, evidently.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
So you know who the bird is but aren't telling?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
So you know who the bird is but aren't telling?

Let's see. John A says in a chat today that Caldwell will likely choose UCLA. Rich doesn't go so far as to say she'll choose UCLA but he reports in his blog that she'll choose between UCLA and UConn. Both John A and Rich were in Storrs yesterday.

I have no idea which school she'll choose; I was trying to understand why someone in a position to know believes she's down to UCLA and UConn and may be leaning towards UCLA. What I've learned is that there are some factors unique to this kid that would explain her choosing UCLA over UConn.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Let's see. John A says in a chat today that Caldwell will likely choose UCLA. Rich doesn't go so far as to say she'll choose UCLA but he reports in his blog that she'll choose between UCLA and UConn. Both John A and Rich were in Storrs yesterday.

I have no idea which school she'll choose; I was trying to understand why someone in a position to know believes she's down to UCLA and UConn and may be leaning towards UCLA. What I've learned is that there are some factors unique to this kid that would explain her choosing UCLA over UConn.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Well, for those of you with private investigator skills, find out if she will be in Houston on Sunday, December 2. The UCLA men's and women's hoops teams will be in town to play Texas in a doubleheader at Reliant Stadium.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Well, for those of you with private investigator skills, find out if she will be in Houston on Sunday, December 2. The UCLA men's and women's hoops teams will be in town to play Texas in a doubleheader at Reliant Stadium.

Aha. Maybe this explains the timing of her announcement.

Reaction Score
Looks very much like its .............................. UCLA

Reaction Score

I think John A. was playing on the whole ACC choosing Louisville over UConn situation. Meaning don't get your hopes up or count your chickens before they hatch kind of thing. He doesn't know where she's going. All he's doing is preparing UConn fans for the possibility that she could choose UCLA. Her dad says she has a top 3 (which includes UConn), Rich says UConn or UCLA, her announcement last week said Duke, UConn, Texas A&M, UCLA, and California. So only Recee and her family really know where right now. The schools will find out tonight and we ALL will know tomorrow. Let's not play this game. It only makes things worse!!!

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
IMO if she were coming to UConn we wouldnt be hearing this stuff from our News Reporters. JMO . If she comes great but at this point ............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom