Caldwell '14 to commit Fri (11/30) | The Boneyard

Caldwell '14 to commit Fri (11/30)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
According to ShesBallin (Texas bb site), Recee' Caldwell (G) will announce her college choice on Friday. Her finalists are UConn, Duke, UCLA, aTm, and Cal. Caldwell is ranked #7 by HG, #8 by BS and #4 by ASGR.

She originally committed to and then de-committed from Baylor.

Reaction Score
Wow, that's exciting, I hope she picks UConn. She sounded very high on UConn while they were in Texas, does anyone know if she has visited the campus yet?

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I hope seeing them up close and personal made her choice easier! I was sure impressed...

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Wow, that's exciting, I hope she picks UConn. She sounded very high on UConn while they were in Texas, does anyone know if she has visited the campus yet?

Yes, she made an unofficial visit a few weeks ago.

Reaction Score
Based on the recruiting momentum that we have, Geno's comments that he expects a very good 2014 class, her recent attendance at the TAMU game, and the look on her face when she discussed UCONN in a video interview that I recently saw, I think it is highly likely that the choice is UCONN.

Reaction Score
Yes, she made an unofficial visit a few weeks ago.

Thank you!

I think it's a good sign then that she's announcing so soon after visiting and then meeting with the staff again in Texas last week.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Maybe this is what was ment by Shea tweet last week on the Boneyard where she said she was waiting for...I think it was a call from somebody. Also wasnt Caldwell and Turner at the TAM game? Thanks for the video doggy. Based on these three things I think UConn is at the top of her list.

Reaction Score
Recee will be a GREAT addition tot he team. I love her versatility as she can play either guard spot very well ala Bria Hartley. Recee also speaks very well and will be a great ambassador / representative for the UCONN program. Recee and the commit out of AZ are two great players and an outstanding start to what I feel will be an AWESOME 2014 class.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I would LOVE to get another recruit out of Texas (and BTW, if we did get a commit that A&M was going after as well, it may explain why GB was reluctant to play UConn again- I think it benefitted UConn more than it did A&M). And I would love to have Caldwell and Eckmark as a strong foundation to this 2014 class. Add Calhoun, and you'd have a terrific haul even with a couple of other really big fish left undecided.

Reaction Score
Recee would be an elegant addition to the UCONN family...best wishes, young lady! :)

Reaction Score
In the 2014 class you get to play 1 Year with KML, and 2 years with Breanna, with a good shot at 2 championships going into your Junior year. Why wouldn't a great recruit want to play with 2 great players and win championships?

Reaction Score
If UCONN is lucky enough to get Recee Caldwell then their chances of also landing Turner will increase tremendously. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I have a feeling now that Turner may come to UConn as we Stefs a senior next season and Kiah a Junior. UConn has Bria BB Mojeff and Chong. Dont know if Caldwell will come after all. MoJeff and Turner played together in AAU .

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Should be an interesting pick for her. TAMU is loaded with guards, so I can't see her landing there. Interesting that she has two California schools listed, which says to me that she has some serious west coast interest. Would she possibly be the PG playing behind Jefferson for three years? Is Jones the PG for Duke or is she playing the 2?

Most Baylor fans had already written her off some time ago. Baylor is very high on 2014 verbal McKenzie Calvert and feels that she is the PG of the future. I am not sure if that verbal affected Caldwell's decision, but I have to think that it did.

Reaction Score
Should be an interesting pick for her. TAMU is loaded with guards, so I can't see her landing there. Interesting that she has two California schools listed, which says to me that she has some serious west coast interest. Would she possibly be the PG playing behind Jefferson for three years? Is Jones the PG for Duke or is she playing the 2?

Most Baylor fans had already written her off some time ago. Baylor is very high on 2014 verbal McKenzie Calvert and feels that she is the PG of the future. I am not sure if that verbal affected Caldwell's decision, but I have to think that it did.

Not likely. Caldwell committed to Baylor after Calvert, so it's improbable that potential competition or incompatibility between the two was behind her de-commitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom