Caldwell '14 to commit Fri (11/30) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Caldwell '14 to commit Fri (11/30)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Should be an interesting pick for her. TAMU is loaded with guards, so I can't see her landing there. Interesting that she has two California schools listed, which says to me that she has some serious west coast interest. Would she possibly be the PG playing behind Jefferson for three years? Is Jones the PG for Duke or is she playing the 2?

Most Baylor fans had already written her off some time ago. Baylor is very high on 2014 verbal McKenzie Calvert and feels that she is the PG of the future. I am not sure if that verbal affected Caldwell's decision, but I have to think that it did.

Well I didnt realize TAMU was stocked with guards. Maybe UConn is on her list. Bria and Stef are seniors next year ,and RC was at the TAMU UConn game with Turner. Maybe both come to UConn. WOW plus Ekmark Calhoun and ..... This is really getting crazy with UConn.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Should be an interesting pick for her. TAMU is loaded with guards, so I can't see her landing there. Interesting that she has two California schools listed, which says to me that she has some serious west coast interest. Would she possibly be the PG playing behind Jefferson for three years? Is Jones the PG for Duke or is she playing the 2?

Currently Jones is starting at the 2 alongside Gray. She is averaging 5 assists per game so far... so she still has demonstrated the PG playmaking mentality. At this point, I think she is playing too well to go to the bench when Wells and Jackson return from injuries. I assume she will be the full time PG after Gray graduates.

Reaction Score
Recee Caldwell Video

Taken 9 days ago. Looking good!
Wow, was I impressed with the way this young lady carries herself and her general outlook. She does seem to be quite taken by her visit to UConn and I truly hope she announces for UConn. Before the video, she was just some name but now that I've seen her, heard her, I want her for the Huskies!

Reaction Score
I have a feeling now that Turner may come to UConn as we Stefs a senior next season and Kiah a Junior. UConn has Bria BB Mojeff and Chong. Dont know if Caldwell will come after all. MoJeff and Turner played together in AAU .

By the Time Caldwell would arrive Bria would be gone. This year is her junior season, next is her senior season with Chong as the freshman class. Caldwell would come the year after her graduation.

Therefore, guards would be BB, MoJeff, Chong and Caldwell with Ekmark and KML more on the wing. Stewart Tuck and Stokes all in the post.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
IF and its a big IF, we land Caldwell I think our chances with Turner will go up.

I hope!

Reaction Score
IF and its a big IF, we land Caldwell I think our chances with Turner will go up.

What's your thinking on this? Is it just a gut feeling or do you have some "inside information?" :p

Reaction Score
I just looked at the She's Ballin blog and it appears that it is actually written by Ray Caldwell, Recee's dad. What an interesting viewpoint he has/gets about the recruitment process!

Reaction Score
Why Friday? Is there something Special about Friday? Is it possible multiple announcements on Friday? Might Turner decide quicker as a result?

Reaction Score
Does anyone have any information i.e. interviews as to Caldwell's reaction to her UCONN visit?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Does anyone have any information i.e. interviews as to Caldwell's reaction to her UCONN visit?
Someone provided such a link earlier in the thread.

Reaction Score
I've read that Geno isn't a fan of early committs. This one, if it were to happen would be 2 in one year. I wonder if the fact that both have fathers who are coaches has anything to do with it?

BTW - Read a tweet from Brandon Clay saying that by Friday 19 of top 100 for 2014 will have already committed.

Reaction Score
This would not need be considered an early commitment by Geno because Caldwell is a member of the current recruiting class. The previous class, 2013, has already signed their letters of intent. When people refer to early that usually means prior to the start of a recruit's junior year.

I've read that Geno isn't a fan of early committs. This one, if it were to happen would be 2 in one year. I wonder if the fact that both have fathers who are coaches has anything to do with it?

BTW - Read a tweet from Brandon Clay saying that by Friday 19 of top 100 for 2014 will have already committed.

sTu

Reaction Score
From the Altavilla chat going on at the moment:

John Altavilla:
"A little bird told me to expect her to choose UCLA and that her announcement coming so soon is an indication of that "

Reaction Score
WOW!

I am blown away by that. Crazy decision. UCLA is a great school and a great location but really, UCLA over UCONN. If true, that is insanity.

Hoping its wrong info.

What a terrible day this is becoming. No ACC and now this. What the heck is coming next? They say bad news comes in threes (3's).

Reaction Score
WOW!

I am blown away by that. Crazy decision. UCLA is a great school and a great location but really, UCLA over UCONN. If true, that is insanity.

Hoping its wrong info.

What a terrible day this is becoming. No ACC and now this. What the heck is coming next? They say bad news comes in threes (3's).

Yeah, but John A also thought Diamond D was going to UCONN. Hopefully the 3rd drop is not to Colgate tonight - - now THAT would be a bad day!!!!!!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
UCLA would be a good choice for her - great school and great campus. at least we are in with Canada too. maybe it's time to start casting an even wider net. we were almost shut out of 2013. Geno said to expect a really good class for 2014, but he said something similar for 2013 (way back - that the 2013 class would be "sewn up soon" and to expect some kids no one was anticipating - that certainly didn't happen)...

But we will see. Kelsey Mitchell is rated higher than any of the other guards on the board. I wonder if the staff looked at her or not...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
From the Altavilla chat going on at the moment:

John Altavilla:
"A little bird told me to expect her to choose UCLA and that her announcement coming so soon is an indication of that "
I don't like that bird.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
UCLA would be a good choice for her - great school and great campus. at least we are in with Canada too. maybe it's time to start casting an even wider net. we were almost shut out of 2013. Geno said to expect a really good class for 2014, but he said something similar for 2013 (way back - that the 2013 class would be "sewn up soon" and to expect some kids no one was anticipating - that certainly didn't happen)...

But we will see. Kelsey Mitchell is rated higher than any of the other guards on the board. I wonder if the staff looked at her or not...

Hard to know what to believe when it comes to John A and recruiting. He did say later in his chat that the staff is very high on Canada.

Geno never said he expected to sign a good 2013 class and I remain convinced that his comments about the 2013 class (which you reference) were not serious.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Not suggesting that John A. is wrong but he probably is the least plugged-in of the Horde on the recruiting front.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Not suggesting that John A. is wrong but he probably is the least plugged-in of the Horde on the recruiting front.

I agree as would John A. He (properly) chastises participants in his chat who are hungry for any morsel of recruiting news to enjoy the current team and trust that Geno will bring in great players.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Rich Elliott reports in his blog that Caldwell is down to UConn and UCLA. So John A may be on target in going one step further and predicting the winner.

Rich has additional recruiting news, including Geno's plans to travel during the exam break to see Wilson play (if healthy and Canada if not) as well as Turner again.

Aside from Caldwell, the source indicated that the Huskies are also currently involved with 2014 standouts Sierra Calhoun, a 6-1 wing from Brooklyn, Jordin Canada, a 5-6 point guard from Los Angeles, Brianna Turner, a 6-3 forward from Pearland, Texas, and A’ja Wilson, a 6-3 wing from Hopkins, S.C. They already have an oral commitment from Courtney Ekmark, a 6-foot guard from Phoenix.

Auriemma is scheduled to travel to see Wilson play Dec. 7 if she is healthy. She has been bothered by an injured wrist. If not, he will go and see Canada play Dec. 7.

Auriemma will again see Turner play Dec. 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom