Cal reaching for Knicks job... | The Boneyard

Cal reaching for Knicks job...

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Why would anyone want to work for James Dolan?

Reaction Score
I think it would be an outstanding move. Guy has major influence over young players and knows talent. He wouldn't be on the sideline, but rather behind the scenes "recruiting". As much as I despise him, he's damn good at what he does.

Reaction Score
Why would anyone want to work for James Dolan?
To be fair, Dolan didn't have anything to do with Phil's demise. Phil did itnto himself. Dolan didn't interfere at all. He also spends the $$.

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm totally out of the loop, but was/is Isiah even a remote thought? I saw he tweeted his lack of interest. My understanding is that the only person disliked more by Knick fans than Dolan and Phil is Isiah.

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm totally out of the loop, but was/is Isiah even a remote thought? I saw he tweeted his lack of interest. My understanding is that the only person disliked more by Knick fans than Dolan and Phil is Isiah.
However Dolan has a man crush on Thomas. Knicks fans were always afraid that Dolan would bring him back. Then he bought him back with the Liberty... Perhaps until he could get him back with the Knicks? Dolan is that stupid and Knicks fans are that paraniod (and rightfully so).

Reaction Score
NOTHING would make me happier (college basketball related) than the squid being gone from college hoops forever.

If someone said to me: UConn can win it's 5th title next year, or Calipari can be gone and UConn loses in the first round of the NIT to Wagner. I'd take Cal gone any day.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
NOTHING would make me happier (college basketball related) than the squid being gone from college hoops forever.

If someone said to me: UConn can win it's 5th title next year, or Calipari can be gone and UConn loses in the first round of the NIT to Wagner. I'd take Cal gone any day.

I probably wouldn't go that far, but I almost agree.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Well Phil just got 60 mil for 3 years of "work." When you find a slot machine that is paying out you bleed it dry :)

Let me rephrase: why would anyone with a high-paying job want to work for James Dolan?

Reaction Score
I can't believe no one here or in the national media has drawn a connection between Adam Silver's recent comments on the age rule, Coach Cal's combative stance against that, and Cal's new interest in leaving Kentucky.

This is what Cal does. He's a master of maximizing the potential of a situation and running for the hills when it gets challenged.

It happened at UMass. It happened at Memphis. And if there's a change to the one and done rule that makes it more difficult for him at UK, he'll jump at the first big contract he's offered and run for the hills.

He's always, ALWAYS, out for himself. Even when he encourages a kid to go pro, he does so with the intention of marketing that to another high school teenager.

Reaction Score
Let me rephrase: why would anyone with a high-paying job want to work for James Dolan?

Cal makes like 8 mil a year...I'd let Dolan do some pretty terrible things for 20 mil a year. Hell, I'd even listen to his latest CD.

Reaction Score
As a UConn fan that would be great. As a Knicks fan... can it get any worse?

This would really bolster my theory that you can't have both a favorite college team and a favorite pro team without coming off as a fraud.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Cal makes like 8 mil a year...I'd let Dolan do some pretty terrible things for 20 mil a year. Hell, I'd even listen to his latest CD.

OK, but you think he'd pay him $20M/year?

I thought it was nuts that Dolan paid so much to Jackson, considering all Phil had ever shown was that he could lead the obviously best team to a title.

Reaction Score
uk should let him go 8 mil a year to not win titles and recruit for the nba is laughable

Reaction Score
Remember the scene in Pet Detective where the the monks celebrate insanely as Jim Carey leaves? That's what it will look like in recruiting circles if Cal leaves CBB.

Reaction Score

Genuinely dislike the man and would love for him to leave, but some would be out of what he's done at UK recruiting wise admittedly. The rest is because he's scum and everyone but the NCAA knows it.

But it seems UConn beats his teams when they need to so I'll take the 5th title vs his team any day, and watch his presser yet again on how his "kids are freshman and played like it" LOL

pj

Reaction Score

Nothing would be more satisfying to me than for Cal to stay at Kentucky and UConn to keep lapping him in championships.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom