Cal Game Thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Cal Game Thread

Reaction Score
IMO her sweet spot is her athleticism and handle for a player her size. On defense for example you know Lou and KMl had quickness issues. With Stewie she could get pushed around. With Walker - her defense and athleticism fits right in. SHe won't get consistently pushed around like Stewie did. Or won't get busted off the dribble as much as KML or Lou could in that you would have had to hide them more vs the quicker players. You don't have to hide Walker from anyone around her range. And neither KML nor Lou could lead a fatsbreak at the other end. Even Maya couldn't do it well. Walker can. You can see how she handles the ball. Teams that try to crash the boards are going to pay a price once UCONN / Walker get going.

Thank you for the good feedback. I can clearly see she has a great basketball body and if very athletic. Im happy she is getting solid minutes. I also like how Geno goes out of his way to compliment her, that speaks volumes. Otherwise I hope all is well with lou, hope she can be back for ND game.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Thank you for the good feedback. I can clearly see she has a great basketball body and if very athletic. Im happy she is getting solid minutes. I also like how Geno goes out of his way to compliment her, that speaks volumes. Otherwise I hope all is well with lou, hope she can be back for ND game.
If you haven't seen it, check out the Geno show with your girl Justine. Meg gets some props from Coach.

Reaction Score

Odd that he said that Meg can really shoot it during his show though. Well I remember many years ago he said KellyF was his best shooter - showing it in practices. I know Kelly in her sr year turned out to be fine shooter, but I was always skeptical of that. And the 1st year Geno said it-- either during KF's soph or jr year- she wasn't close to being the best on the court shooting the ball. This year the same in that I don't believe Meg to be a shooter in her frosh year. And just like Kelly every year going forward I'll see for myself.

Heck, your girl Danger- these two games - wow her shot looks so sweet. Last year it was very erratic too. And late this summer I watched a game I believe slu put up on the boneyard - and her shot still looked erratic. Two years ago slu put one of her high school games on here- and I can remember he and I exchanging "wow - she is GOOD" regarding Danger. So in a weird way I see Meg kind of like what you're saying - though many expressed issues with her shooting efficiency too- but in a weird way Geno mentioning about her shot being so good has gotten me a bit more giddy regarding what she will eventually become. Because he was eventually right about Faris. She went from a 27% 3pt shooter to 41.5%. And Gabby nor Collier weren't shooters when they were frosh. For Geno to say this about Walker - has me thinking the possibility during her jr / sr years that she becomes super and ofc next year get the soph jump in improvement like many seem to have. I do agree with you- Meg is not "typical" though. I just think there is a beauty in her athleticism, fluidity and handle for a player her size. That I wish I can see more of her - ofc along with all of the other.

My God - Gabby and Danger this year have been "sick." Lou was looking that way. Unfortunately big set back. Nurse looks so cool and under control. While I saw some wow flashes from AZ. And Collier I know will be a beast. How lucky are we? I'll just say again early on Gabby and Danger look "sick." :):):)

Reaction Score
Unfortunately only got to see highlights and look at the box score. It appears that the defense is solid and will only get better as the season moves along. The offense isn't quite there yet, especially the shooting. It will get there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom