Cal Game Thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Cal Game Thread

Reaction Score
Well I didn't win the tipping challenge for this game but I came extremely close in my prediction: "Kia 4-6 and Danger field 4-6 from three". Game results - Kia 4-7 from three and Dangerfield 4-5.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Lou has a mid-foot sprain.
The problem is Lisfranc injuries look like mid-foot sprains. MRI's are the truth teller, so we'll know soon. Y'all keep all appendages crossed. Lisfranc's are months long for healing. If severe it requires surgery.

Reaction Score
Rarely was that in "garbage" time against the back of the opponents' bench though.

I could be wrong but I thought they mostly only saw time late in games that first season, especially at the start..........did they get earlier minutes?

Reaction Score
Lexi is in!
Anegwe---with help could have been a giant killer. \
100 years ago in College I had a lab partner--Netwe O' kegwe, a Nigerian Tribal Chieftain, spoke perfect Queen's English, Zed, 7 with a line thru--all new to me then. I wonder if her family is from Nigeria ?

Reaction Score
Correct. because she refuses to square her shoulders, set her feet, and shoot in rhythm.

seems like she is more interested in taking it to the basket and working inside so far...........that's great to add to her game but it can lead to greater chance of injury

Reaction Score
The problem is Lisfranc injuries look like mid-foot sprains. MRI's are the truth teller, so we'll know soon. Y'all keep all appendages crossed. Lisfranc's are months long for healing. If severe it requires surgery.
I couldn't have been put down much lower, but you did it. If my typing is skewed it's because even my eyes are crossed. The difference with this team; with Kate Lou and with out, is dramatic. She was all over the court in offense and Defense. She is a must have player..

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Although Megan's shot is not falling, I'm glad to see she's continues to shoot the ball. For the most part taking good shots.
You can see her skills in the rebounds, block, and ball handling.

Reaction Score
Bad giveaway by Molly (soph.) and missed layups by Mikayla and Meg, but they played hard.
Molly for the most part was good; made some moves and decisions, not good. Walker was the best of the Frosh, she's a keeper. AEH has skills. Gordon took some time to get her head into the game. With the KLS "injury""? Azura must show all of her skills, especially Defense. She ended the game doing what she can do, score and defend.

Reaction Score
I couldn't have been put down much lower, but you did it. If my typing is skewed it's because even my eyes are crossed. The difference with this team; with Kate Lou and with out, is dramatic. She was all over the court in offense and Defense. She is a must have player..
Agreed! Lou is a MUST HAVE... she was all over the court tonight until... and in my view would have scored 20+ and likely been our player of the game tonight... Although Z is an excellent replacement for Lou, losing her for any "extended" length of time shortens the bench and substitution options in the more challenging/difficult games. I believe they will be fine vs MD and give Lou another couple days rest/recovery... but when we see the top rated teams we're going to need Sweet Lou!!!

GO HUSKIES!!!!

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Molly is doing her Kelly imitation
Yes! I thought the same thing. Molly is actually a key player right now. Factoring out injuries, the team's biggest weakness seems to be quality depth at guard.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
You have to be fearless or have a brain cramp to step in front of driving Kia. :eek:
But . . . have you noticed that several times already (counting exhibitions) she has chosen to pull up for a short jumper rather than fullback her way to the basket. That's encouraging.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Another nice win. Fun time on LOBO night! Hope Lou's injury is minor.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Molly for the most part was good; made some moves and decisions, not good. Walker was the best of the Frosh, she's a keeper. AEH has skills. Gordon took some time to get her head into the game. With the KLS "injury""? Azura must show all of her skills, especially Defense. She ended the game doing what she can do, score and defend.
I thought Molly did ok overall, but when Cal trapped her, she gave the ball away. After that, she was cautious bringing the ball up the court.

I like Mikayla's speed, but she needs to make that layup.

Lexi needed to make her FTs. That should be the easiest part of the game now.

Meg's shooting was off, but the other aspects of her game looked pretty good. She too should have made her layup.

Reaction Score
I thought Molly did ok overall, but when Cal trapped her, she gave the ball away. After that, she was cautious bringing the ball up the court.

I like Mikayla's speed, but she needs to make that layup.

Lexi needed to make her FTs. That should be the easiest part of the game now.

Meg's shooting was off, but the other aspects of her game looked pretty good. She too should have made her layup.

I think if Meg gets some decent minutes her game will really take off..........she has the tools and the mentality to play a major role for the team this year.........

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom