C Zach Brown | Page 37 | The Boneyard

C Zach Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Here another blurb/evaluation from global games via Nbadraft.net

Zach Brown – 2017

While Brown has the tools and potential, he still has a way to go as he is early in his development. Right now he is most effective as a shot blocker with two per game, including five against Pan Africa. He’s able to block and alter shots without leaving his feet. Brown is a very raw post player, even with his size advantage over most opponents, at times misses the rim with jump hooks and post moves. To be effective as a scorer, he needs a player to find him open as he can’t score for himself yet. He is very foul prone, fouling out against China in only six minutes of play as well as against the USA West in nine minutes, going scoreless in both games. He fouls off the ball quite a bit plays needs to understand positioning on the defensive end.

Brown did play very well in a game matched up with nick richards tho (double double ) , but struggled in others @ global games. Excited about his upside

Reaction Score
He dropped 7 slots in the ranking overnight. Was just looking at it yesterday, he was 18. Now 25.
He is 27 on scout but I don't know if he was higher before he committed. If the kid really did drop 7 spots and a star because he committed to us then we really should boycott ESPN. If Malloy wants to screw any company, it should be ESPN.

Reaction Score
Wow. Great story. He's been through so much, and came through so much adversity. I'll be rooting for him more than the average kid.
Absolutely. Seems to be very mature and attuned for his age, hope to see him succeed.

Reaction Score
Interesting chat on the tos . Bossi really like his potential and think his ranking is fair. But others think zac is more around 50 in the ranking

The videos I've seen remind me a lot of Brendan Haywood. He has a ridiculous physical profile and has worlds of potential. But he is extremely raw. Whether that means he's top 50 or top 10 is up to how importantly you value potential in the rating. I have not seen any junior year videos, but his sophomore year ones show a big kid with a nice touch around the basket. He does not sky for rebounds/blocks nor looks very fluid athletically (nor should he yet considering his age/size) and utilizes his size to create space to score. He's got a little lefty hook which is big at this point, but it's more of a pushshot than anything else but at his size/age it's great that he has a "move" already. A lot of the footage is him dominating guys who are much smaller so it's tough to really gauge everything.

As mentioned before, he does a GREAT job of keeping the ball high on boards and on offense and looks to have very good hands. He is a fantastic recruit. I think his ranking is going to be all over the 15-50 range depending on how you factor in his potential.

Reaction Score
Well crap then we better send him back!

Love the sarcastic post. Just passing on what I heard. On this board he wI'll be crowned king James if we are not careful

Reaction Score
Love the sarcastic post. Just passing on what I heard. On this board he wI'll be crowned king James if we are not careful
We do tend to be somewhat bi-polar.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I'm very excited to hear about his commitment. Sounds like a great kid with a strong work ethic. He may be raw but much less raw than Hasheem, Amida and even Emma at the same stage.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
The morning after - Sorry, that wasn't Brown in that video. I found it on a Twitter page talking about Brown and jumped the gun.
image.png

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Now imagine if we were in a P5... We'd have Harry Giles begging to come here. ;)

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Yea I dunno, I cannot get it to link right, need one of the young tech savy guys to do it, but here is the screen shot

View attachment 11787
The crystal ball is notoriously fickle, but by all accounts MAL has been a UConn fan for years and is tight with Ollie. He appears to have replaced Waters as our No. 1 PG prospect (though we're definitely still recruiting others).

It's also notable that MAL doesn't have the number of high-major offers you'd expect from a guy who's top 35 player. I'm going to go ahead and assume that's coaches from other programs reading the tea leaves and saying "He's UConn-bound, so I'm not going to waste my time."

My guess is he commits here in June, if not before.

Reaction Score
The crystal ball is notoriously fickle, but by all accounts MAL has been a UConn fan for years and is tight with Ollie. He appears to have replaced Waters as our No. 1 PG prospect (though we're definitely still recruiting others).

It's also notable that MAL doesn't have the number of high-major offers you'd expect from a guy who's top 35 player. I'm going to go ahead and assume that's coaches from other programs reading the tea leaves and saying "He's UConn-bound, so I'm not going to waste my time."

My guess is he commits here in June, if not before.
Agreed, I think he's a UConn lock.

Reaction Score
This is one of the best gets ever. Seems like a great kid, tremendous frame, and wants to be a post rather than a seven foot wing. This being a little raw is fine, how many 7 foot high school juniors aren't? Being a Jewish guy named after a decent band is icing on the cake.

Reaction Score
He is 27 on scout but I don't know if he was higher before he committed. If the kid really did drop 7 spots and a star because he committed to us then we really should boycott ESPN. If Malloy wants to screw any company, it should be ESPN.

He's been a 4 star on ESPN for quite a while. Go back to bed.

Reaction Score
Ha - yeah, let's call the Governor to complain that a group of recruiting analysts residing in Bristol, CT decided to remove a star from an 18 year old's ranking.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ha - yeah, let's call the Governor to complain that a group of recruiting analysts residing in Bristol, CT decided to remove a star from an 18 year old's ranking.
We should really have Jacobs investigating this ESPN recruiting ranking fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer