C Zach Brown | Page 34 | The Boneyard

C Zach Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That's 100% on @CallMeBruce . Blame him for all your disappointment if it doesn't happen.

And give him paltry credit if it does.
I won't be disappointed either way. While I think he'd be awesome to have in the 2016 class, I'm just happy that he decided to come here in general. Can't wait to see him in a Husky uniform.

Reaction Score
That guy is HUGE! On those videos it looks like a adult is playing basketball with a bunch of middle school kids

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Someone mentioned on r/collegebasketball the possibility of a reclass to 2016? Has anyone heard anything like this?

Reaction Score
how the heck did you find that out?

Thank you! This was rambling through my head as I read the post, just such a random tidbit. Infinitely more random than the fact that Kemba danced at the Apollo while a teenager

Reaction Score
The one thing that worries me is coming from South Beach he may be intimidated by the crazy party atmosphere of the Storrs campus. I hope he doesn't get sucked in.

The Mac and Cheese Kid is gone so that shouldn't be much of an issue.

Reaction Score
Just watched some videos of Brown and besides talent he gives us something we haven't had in a very long time at the 5: a player with broad shoulders and a big Barkley like butt perfect for taking up space and moving opponents out of the way.

Reaction Score
He's not the most athletic 7ft I have ever seen and he will need the weight training program as soon as he steps on campus. He will take up space and blocks some shots until he game rounds out.

Reaction Score
Just watched some videos of Brown and besides talent he gives us something we haven't had in a very long time at the 5: a player with broad shoulders and a big Barkley like butt perfect for taking up space and moving opponents out of the way.
I haven't seen video one yet, but do you know what has me excited? I know 7 footers don't grow on trees but the scouting ESPN report says he has good hands. So if he is 7' 250 he can catch a basketball close to the basket and not be pushed to the floor or stripped out of his hands., generally. Hands are very underrated.

Reaction Score
The one thing I can never understand about these comments about whether or not he's an athlete, is that the kid grew to 7 feet by age 16. Think how difficult it is for someone to grow into his body. My nephew has been on a top ski team for a good few years. He just had a huge growth spurt (at age 12) and I think he is now close to off the team, LOL.

Last year, people were down on the athleticism Jesse Govan and Diamond Stone showed, and now these 2 as freshman are some of the most athletic centers in the country. Similar comments were made about Enoch too.

Reaction Score
KO finally recruiting his type of big men. Strapped with a bunch of string beans in Brimah, Nolan and Facey, KO seems to have his type of big bodied athletic front court players. Enoch and Brown could really bring us back to the old days of us controlling the glass and the paint

I remember the "old days" when we were a donut team:cool:.

Reaction Score
All high school centers are raw. I am happy he was not a soccer player 3 month ago
I was joking as that is complained a lot here at the boneyard. I guess you missed were I said "jk" at the end of my comment.

Reaction Score
Thank you Boo. Welcome aboard Zach great news for the program for sure. GREAT news.

Heard it while attending a meeting on a text from a buddy and man the news made the next 2 hours much easier to deal with. Nice

Reaction Score
From the article "Brown's post game is still raw and unrefined" Oh great another raw big man. JK. Great get by KO but this seems so anti-climatic with OZ predicting this was always a 100% sure thing.
A junior in high school better be raw. If not he would have stayed back a few years. Just saying this is a non-concern and is to be expected at his age, particularly with bigs. I've been around many years and can't recall any high school junior that wasn't raw. All are developing and get better with more and more court time, along with good competition. By comparison, Anthony Davis was fortunate that he played guard until his growth spurt so his development was ahead of schedule.

Its sad that they would even mention weaknesses on such a young kid. High school coaching staff aren't big on developing/improving talent, they just provide a platform for them to excel and showcase. These types of articles should just focus on what he is capable at this point and deal with weaknesses his senior year (at the end of season). Even strengths can be misleading at such a young age.

The kid is big, is a very good player and has skills, that's all that counts right now.

By the way Amida and Facey (and Thabeet) were 'raw' because of the limited time they played basketball. Zach is much different. Him and Enoch will be so fun to watch, especially with Enoch mentoring the lad.

Reaction Score
He's not the most athletic 7ft I have ever seen and he will need the weight training program as soon as he steps on campus. He will take up space and blocks some shots until he game rounds out.

We have athletic, it doesn't always work. You can see he knows how to flip it in the basket and he will be a space eater. You take athletic I will take Zach Brown and work from there. He's perfect. People worried about jesse Govan too and he was more raw than this, and he may eat us up on Saturday as a frosh. These are the kinds go "BIGS" I like. great get

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom