C Samuel Japhet-Mathias (Wake Forest Commit) | The Boneyard

C Samuel Japhet-Mathias (Wake Forest Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
RTW, I think he meant:

"I like UConn because they play smart basketball. I like North Carolina because they have classes that don't exist so I look smart. I like Kentucky because I would automatically be the smartest person in the state."

Reaction Score
The kid must be a great student already it seems he comes in as a doctor as well as having a nice right hook:

“I have good footwork and hands,” he said. “I can read my defender and score out of the post with pump fakes and dribble drives. I have a good left and right hook and I have good patients. I can also pass the ball.

Nice proofread DrewLOL

Guessing the staff will be visiting Vermont real soon if they haven't already!

Reaction Score
olywould get on proactive sled nowsa to show urgency and not sit on hands of stone man to handcuff him

good for him; he showin fight again men; put on seatbelt; the shakin bakin beginin; he had it nowsa; he not gonna take it; he tired; tired that is of lookin at what on floor that he cant bare lookin at; prrechermanz punchin back & put bible down for restbit; it bout to get nasty as only streets of LA & Father Panic Village knows in Park City that seaside park an beerzly park could offer and it no pleasure beach or radondo beach; i luvs it

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
To clarify although 247 lists him as 2015, he is 2017.

Reaction Score
I don't see it talked about here, but Danny Manning seems to be quietly pulling in some good players. He's a pretty good coach from what I see and I think Wake will be a factor in the ACC sooner than later. Let's remember he put that Tulsa team together that was pretty good in our conference last year, albeit coached by Haith.

Also like the sneaky dark horse odds for them in recruiting Harry Giles - not exactly likely but not out of the realm of possibility. Hometown kid, plays for CP3's AAU team, is apparently very close with Brandon Childress (PG who already committed there for '16), apparently has taken lots of unofficial visits in the past (being in such close proximity to WF).

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Remember all of the 'pipeline to Vermont' posts last year? Guess KO had other plans.

Don't care about this kid or the one who committed to Xavier, but I'm still puzzled about Bruce Brown.

He's there for the taking, but it's pretty clear that UConn wanted him as a '15 only.

Reaction Score
Remember all of the 'pipeline to Vermont' posts last year? Guess KO had other plans.

Don't care about this kid or the one who committed to Xavier, but I'm still puzzled about Bruce Brown.

He's there for the taking, but it's pretty clear that UConn wanted him as a '15 only.

They must be less worried than I am about Diallo.

Reaction Score

Definitely puzzling, unless they are extremely confident in the Diallo situation. We don't seem to be really going after any other 2/3's....and we're pretty thin at guard next year after JA and AG. Only other guard would be a senior SC Jr. Maybe we're worried taking Brown would deter Diallo? Really interesting situation playing out.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It may be much simpler - they may not think Brown can help.

Reaction Score
I thought it was somewhat interesting that ESPN's top westcoast recruiting guy made note of the lack of coaches that were actively tracking Bruce Brown during the summer when he watched him in Vegas. He said it was suprising to him considering how good Brown is.

Reaction Score
Bruce Brown is being extremely lightly recruited for a top 40 player. The fact that UMass has a decent shot at him tells me something strange is going on with his recruitment. I'm trusting the staff was smart to back off here..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom