BYU on the slate | Page 3 | The Boneyard

BYU on the slate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And they like melons, which doesn't make them so different from us after all. Especially before it gets too cold and everybody bundles up.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i would like to be the 1st to invite geln falls own jimmer and his smoking hot wifey to the rent for the game!!!

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
#3: Jell-O - At one time, Utahns consumed more Jell-O per capita than any other state in the country. Green is the color of choice, but Utahns will eat just about any "Jell-O salad" if it contains canned fruit and is topped with whipped cream. Legend has it that peas were once added to the jiggly mix, but few have been willing to recount the culinary horrors.

Ha - Blue Jello shots it is!

Blueberry-Jello-Shots.jpg
We all know jello shots are the regional specialty of the Jungle quad.

Reaction Score
http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/030413aaa.html

"“We are grateful to UConn for the opportunity to play this home-and-home series and look forward to the games,” said BYU director of athletics Tom Holmoe. "The Huskies have played great football as an FBS member, winning league titles and earning numerous bowl invitations. Scheduling this game in the Northeast gives our fans traveling to the game opportunities to visit places they may not have been before. We are also excited to welcome UConn to Provo for its first-ever visit to LaVell Edwards Stadium.”"
Excellent marketing ploy. "We have some of your fans/alumni here and have a very nice state!" Now we need to get the Big 10 to buy into that.

Reaction Score
BYU women must have the highest blonde per capita....but they don't really party

Provo and SLC are beautiful and a couple of years ago, the State finally got rid of its low alcohol rule

That trip is well worth it if you can afford the airfare

Reaction Score

"“We are grateful to UConn for the opportunity to play this home-and-home series and look forward to the games,” said BYU director of athletics Tom Holmoe. "The Huskies have played great football as an FBS member, winning league titles and earning numerous bowl invitations. Scheduling this game in the Northeast gives our fans traveling to the game opportunities to visit places they may not have been before. We are also excited to welcome UConn to Provo for its first-ever visit to LaVell Edwards Stadium.”"
if I did not know better, I would say that they just marketed our football team better than we ever have.

I keed, I kid.

Reaction Score
Nice pickup. But, this was no stroke of genius by Warde grabbing an independent. Plus NBE is probably begging BYU to join the flaming pile of .

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I really can't wait to go to Utah!

Reaction Score
Bidwell has the best wings in Eastern CT, but we, as a group, prepare our food for our tailgate from scratch...okay the wing sauce is bottled, but they aren't restaurant bought. BTW - for Buffalo, skip the wings and go right to bison burgers. We've had those on more than a few occasions, just can't tell you if it was before or because of we were playing UB or not.
How about wings before the game and bison sliders after? That's what we did...best tailgate of the year. Anyone know how restrictive the lots are in Provo?

Reaction Score
My buddy and I are already excited to go to Utah in 2015. Good job UConn.

Reaction Score
Warde has no chance on this board. He is silent on an open 2014 date and people call him a slacker.

He gets a home and home with a national name with a pretty damn good history and then anyone can schedule BYU.

Yup... no stroke of genius.

Someday I'm going to follow through on my idea to write a novel and then produce a documentary about the life and times of Boneyarders.

Not sure if the category will be fantasy or horror.

Me and Jenny Lawrence will be knocking down a few after the Oscars, shining each others' hardware, so to speak.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
This game in 2014 is on a Thursday, no? Ugh.....Thursday tailgates are always the worst because of work, etc.....however, it will be in August so it'll be warm at least. Overall, great OOC pickup

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Well, good luck deciding what the appropriate cuisine will be for BYU's visit. Having been to Salt Lake at least four times, I'm not sure how to theme that one. (Other than serving non-alcohol drinks, which is not going to happen).

I travel to SLC on business pretty frequently and have never had trouble getting hammered. They have some silly regulations but loosened up a bit for the Olympics. As far as unique Utah cuisine I don't have a clue. This article says they consume more jell0 per capita than any state in the nation. Maybe thats the direction to go in. Jello shots!!!
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/lifestyle/51637367-80/aggie-amet-bear-burgers.html.csp

Reaction Score
This game in 2014 is on a Thursday, no? Ugh.....Thursday tailgates are always the worst because of work, etc.....however, it will be in August so it'll be warm at least. Overall, great OOC pickup

You have time, plan ahead... Thursday of Labor Day weekend!! Maybe they make it an 9est game for the Utah crowd.

Reaction Score

BYU sounds like such a class act. I for one am excited that they're on the schedule!

Reaction Score

Think positive, you could take Friday off and make it a great long weekend which is kicked off by a tailgate! Sounds like you're already ahead of the game there... Plus, I'll take a night game in August any day of the week even if it means a Thursday night. The games in the sun are just brutal that time of year, especially if you seat on the sunny side of the stadium.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Think positive, you could take Friday off and make it a great long weekend which is kicked off by a tailgate! Sounds like you're already ahead of the game there... Plus, I'll take a night game in August any day of the week even if it means a Thursday night. The games in the sun are just brutal that time of year, especially if you seat on the sunny side of the stadium.
I'm a teacher so if I'm lucky we'll start the year after Labor Day that year....that would be awesome! Plus my daughter should 3 by then and it's about time she starts seeing ehr first UConn game.....hopefully it'll be next season vs Michigan! She'll be 1 and will go for free....awesome!

Reaction Score

Yeah, that's why college football never caught on in the south.

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
Nice pickup. But, this was no stroke of genius by Warde grabbing an independent. Plus NBE is probably begging BYU to join the flaming pile of .

Way to put a negative spin it...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
byu thursday night notes:
-many casual fans are going to vaca that weekend instead of a thursday night game. if they are leaving friday they will see it as not good to stay up late for leaving early
-we wont open the lots to 4 or 5pm. should be open at lunch.
-lots will close within a hour of the game. at most big boy schools lots would close friday noon ish.
-students wont come until a houre before game time and will leave early at best if there even in school considering the weekend. the holiday and timing of this game will lead to a half atempt by students at best
-we will still have no real cool entrance because our ad sucks
-we will still be playing welcome to the jungle like we get paid to or something every 3rd down
-the dj will be alive and rocking instead or murdered and burried under a rock off the coast of madison ct
-warde will have a bagel and cream cheese and laugh it up with p

Reaction Score
byu thursday night notes:
-many casual fans are going to vaca that weekend instead of a thursday night game. if they are leaving friday they will see it as not good to stay up late for leaving early
-we wont open the lots to 4 or 5pm. should be open at lunch.
-lots will close within a hour of the game. at most big boy schools lots would close friday noon ish.
-students wont come until a houre before game time and will leave early at best if there even in school considering the weekend. the holiday and timing of this game will lead to a half atempt by students at best
-we will still have no real cool entrance because our ad sucks
-we will still be playing welcome to the jungle like we get paid to or something every 3rd down
-the dj will be alive and rocking instead or murdered and burried under a rock off the coast of madison ct
-warde will have a bagel and cream cheese and laugh it up with p

Why Fishy ever let you back so early it's be on me. You're being an idiot. Attention seeking is what children do.

We know your childish rant by heart. Please go to the women's board and complain about their shorts.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Why Fishy ever let you back so early it's be on me. You're being an idiot. Attention seeking is what children do.

We know your childish rant by heart. Please go to the women's board and complain about their shorts.

your in support of what was worn 2night?????

Reaction Score
your in support of what was worn 2night?????

I would rather have 15 trolls posting here on a daily basis then read your crap anymore. As I write this I just remembered we can ignore people.

We finally get a little bit of positive news with BYU and you p.iss all over it.

Rant away. I won't see it any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler