BYU on the slate | The Boneyard

BYU on the slate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
worst tailgate ever at the rent....this must be wardes big get!!!! burgers and 7up! horay!

its a good game tho...just not a #1 like a mich or tenn...cant rip warde for real on it...

Reaction Score
Dez just posted dates: First game of the year, Aug 28th 2014. We play in Utah Halloween 2015.

Reaction Score
Great, Warde did something that I could get behind besides extending Ollie. Warde gets an A for this one.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
A great get! Every reasonable OOC game is one less pool for another MAC game.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
This is a solid home and home. Much better than the usual home opener!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
anyone else questioning the date of the trip to byu? a little late in the season for a ooc game no? or to atleast schedule one without a conf settled in yet....

can we start a trade sbrook for umass protest!?!?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Wow. Awesome job WM.

I'm definitely thrilled and surprised by this.

Kudos to WM and the UConn AD.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
worst tailgate ever at the rent....this must be wardes big get!!!! burgers and 7up! horay!

its a good game tho...just not a #1 like a mich or tenn...cant rip warde for real on it...
Oh, I'm sure the 'yard will find a way...

Anyway... in Provo in 2015, that'll be the furthest west UConn has ever traveled right?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Oh, I'm sure the 'yard will find a way...

Anyway... in Provo in 2015, that'll be the furthest west UConn has ever traveled right?

prob as a bcs team yes. fwiw i'm not questioning warde on that date, just it seems a bit wierd that we would be willing to schedule that weekend ooc.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
anyone else questioning the date of the trip to byu? a little late in the season for a ooc game no? or to atleast schedule one without a conf settled in yet....
BYU is indy so they have to find someone "OOC" for every week. Could be the reason why it's Halloween.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
That's the best news we've had in a while. Which shows just how bad the news has been lately.

Exactly the kind of game we need in the post BCS era. Need three more per year.

Good one, Warde.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
BYU is indy so they have to find someone "OOC" for every week. Could be the reason why it's Halloween.

yes i understand that, but i'm talking from our end. how can week book a weekend like that if were trying to be a b10 or acc team. thats a prime wekend for big conf games no?

Reaction Score
yes i understand that, but i'm talking from our end. how can week book a weekend like that if were trying to be a b10 or acc team. thats a prime wekend for big conf games no?

Bird in the hand doobie...

Reaction Score
The hardest thing for UConn this late in the process in relation to its OOC schedule for 2014 was finding a quality home game. We have now done so with BYU. Finding a quality road game will be much easier, even if the return game is a few years away a la Michigan (away in 2010, home in 2013). Expect the fourth OOC game (third being Stony Brook) to be against a MAC type team, unless we can get another quality team at home. I do not see us playing two OOC road games against quality opponents in a single season. Another option is a one time "neutral site" game against a quality opponent.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
In the event we are playing in one of those leagues in 2015 I guess we could try to postpone the return game a year or more if we had to. Cross that bridge when we come to it, hopefully.

Reaction Score
The hardest thing for UConn this late in the process in relation to its OOC schedule for 2014 was finding a quality home game. We have now done so with BYU. Finding a quality road game will be much easier, even if the return game is a few years away a la Michigan (away in 2010, home in 2013). Expect the fourth OOC game (third being Stony Brook) to be against a MAC type team, unless we can get another quality team at home. I do not see us playing two OOC road games against quality opponents in a single season. Another option is a one time "neutral site" game against a quality opponent.

You say SB is the 3rd. All I've read, both today, are SB and BYU as OOC games for 2014. Am I missing one?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
In the event we are playing in one of those leagues in 2015 I guess we could try to postpone the return game a year or more if we had to. Cross that bridge when we come to it, hopefully.
dont thinkw e have the $ to make that happen. byu def locks things in being a indy school so that doesn't happen to them.

So in 2015 UConn has away OOC games in Tennessee and BYU. Makes for a pretty tough schedule.

for sure...byu is a good add by warde no doubt, but several things are not adding up here...

Reaction Score
Bird in the hand doobie...

I am about 99% sure that if we were an option for a big boy conference, our BYU OOC game in October 2015 would not be a deciding factor one way or the other.

At this point though, maybe it would be. Who the hell knows anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom