BYU fan here | Page 2 | The Boneyard

BYU fan here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Jimmer-mania will be a 30 for 30 someday.

Will we learn cool facts about about ol' Jimmer? Like how his nickname was Frett? No D.

Reaction Score
Only because he has that old man strength.

Taysom is not the only one.

Let me speak for everyone in BYU-Nation in saying we are PUMPED for this game! This is lining up to be a SPECIAL season for BYU and we think we have a chance to go undefeated. Just a breakdown of some of our guys:

Taysom Hill is our QB. Most cougar fans are hoping he stays around for his senior year and doesn't go to the NFL next year. If you saw the Texas game last year you know why he is projected so high for the pros. You just can't stay with the guy - so ATHLETIC!

Jamaal Williams is our RB. He is out for the Uconn game, but still NFL talent. Guy is just a stud.

We have a lot of new receivers this year and they all have NFL potential. Devon Blackmon has been described by some of our media as "stupid fast." Another guy Kurtz is 6'6" and was also recruited by USC - the Trojans only recruit receivers who have NFL talent. Jordan Leslie is a big-time transfer from UTEP. Mitch Matthews is also 6'6"- you know NFL scouts love to see that sort of height.

Our offensive line has shown vast improvement from last year and should be awesome. Likely some NFL talent there as well.

Defense: Bronco Mendenhall always has the most stout defense you will see. Guys literally fly around to the ball. Add to that some of the NFL type guys we have this year and it had the makings of something very special. Fua and Kaufusi are sure fire first rounders when they go (probably next year). We have a new recruit Fred Warner - total stud at LB. He was also recruited by Cal.

Besides all this most of the media thinks our secondary is the best part of our defense. I wouldn't be surprised to see some NFL talent emerge from there as well.

I would LOVE to hear about Uconn and what sort of talent you guys have. Who is projected to the next level? I've noticed that having NFL - talent can be a great barometer of what sort of college team you have.

Here's to a GREAT. Game! And...GO COUGARS!!!!!

Reaction Score
Hill is no more athletic than Gardner from Michigan and we did a good job shutting him down. I'm very surprised to find that Hill has only had ONE 4td game in his career but more interesting was that BYU only had 1 decisive win on the road last season yet their fans are predicting a blowout here? 1 point win vs. Houston, 5 point win over Nevada, lost to VA; sorry if I'm not impressed. In your 3 road wins you won by 23 collectively but somehow are going to beat us by 28, yea, I don't see it.

Reaction Score
What's wrong with Ogden? I'm not in the inner city or anything. The surrounding areas are very nice. Also, see my post above.

Isn't Ogden close to snowbasin ski area? Great mountain!

Reaction Score
BYU 37 UCON 10
No need to suck up to anyone here. We all know this isn't a 3 point game. No harm in being honest on a message board.

37-10???? WTF! Your trippin bro... Say no to drugs. Taysom Hill can run his ass off, but this dude can't throw a football worth a lick. BYU will be without Williams, who to me was your best player on offense last year. Blackmon is going to be a weapon for you guys, but guess what? he's out too. You guys have to depend soley on 1 guy on offense and your predicting a freakin blow out? LOL I I don't know whose going to win, but I can gaurantee this won't be a blowout.

Reaction Score

Let me speak for everyone in BYU-Nation in saying we are PUMPED for this game! This is lining up to be a SPECIAL season for BYU and we think we have a chance to go undefeated. Just a breakdown of some of our guys:

Taysom Hill is our QB. Most cougar fans are hoping he stays around for his senior year and doesn't go to the NFL next year. If you saw the Texas game last year you know why he is projected so high for the pros. You just can't stay with the guy - so ATHLETIC!

Jamaal Williams is our RB. He is out for the Uconn game, but still NFL talent. Guy is just a stud.

We have a lot of new receivers this year and they all have NFL potential. Devon Blackmon has been described by some of our media as "stupid fast." Another guy Kurtz is 6'6" and was also recruited by USC - the Trojans only recruit receivers who have NFL talent. Jordan Leslie is a big-time transfer from UTEP. Mitch Matthews is also 6'6"- you know NFL scouts love to see that sort of height.

Our offensive line has shown vast improvement from last year and should be awesome. Likely some NFL talent there as well.

Defense: Bronco Mendenhall always has the most stout defense you will see. Guys literally fly around to the ball. Add to that some of the NFL type guys we have this year and it had the makings of something very special. Fua and Kaufusi are sure fire first rounders when they go (probably next year). We have a new recruit Fred Warner - total stud at LB. He was also recruited by Cal.

Besides all this most of the media thinks our secondary is the best part of our defense. I wouldn't be surprised to see some NFL talent emerge from there as well.

I would LOVE to hear about Uconn and what sort of talent you guys have. Who is projected to the next level? I've noticed that having NFL - talent can be a great barometer of what sort of college team you have.

Taysom Hill will not be a first round pick bro. The only way he will be a first round pick is if he gets better throwing a football.

Reaction Score
I also see that UCONN fans have some jealousy of the Jimmer era at BYU. There was nothing like Jimmer-mania in college basketball and nothing will come close to the splash Jimmer made on the national scene. Jimmer-mania will be a 30 for 30 someday.

Speechless. I'm literally speechless after reading this.

Reaction Score
Some of these idiots probably believe that Taysom is better than RG111... LOL Smh!
Apparently you guys didn't see Taysom against Texad last year. He was unstoppable!

There was another game last year where Taysom jumped like 8 or 9 yards. It was so awesome! People have even made Gifs of it and posted them on cougarboard. Kid is a total stud.

Reaction Score
Apparently you guys didn't see Taysom against Texad last year. He was unstoppable!

There was another game last year where Taysom jumped like 8 or 9 yards. It was so awesome! People have even made Gifs of it and posted them on cougarboard. Kid is a total stud.

ONE game and he's better than RG111? or he's a first round pick because Taysom had ONE amazing game? dude just stop you sound silly just let it go already.

Reaction Score
Just so you know Texas was 8-5 last year and 1-4 against top 25 teams, so don't get a big head dude, it was't the best Texas team.

Reaction Score
Wait long enough and the true BYU fans will show up.

Speaking of the game Friday, I suggest that UCONN put up a special netting all the way around the football field before kick off. The net will stop Taysom Hill's overthrows from hitting somebody in the stands. He has many many overthrows.

Also when they don't like the calls made by the refs, BYU fans often react like in the posted video below. The net will stop the trash and other debris Cougar fans might throw onto the field. You don't want your players to get hit with this stuff.

Reaction Score
Hopefully the BYU team is also thinking 27 point win. Come back Saturday after we punch you in the mouth. Someone can fix that for me.

Reaction Score
I'm just like Ogden Cougar. I'm here to state how I see things and there's nothing wrong with that. The UCONN fans here have no problem posting all sorts of questionable stuff about BYU so nobody can complain about us.

I also see that UCONN fans have some jealousy of the Jimmer era at BYU. There was nothing like Jimmer-mania in college basketball and nothing will come close to the splash Jimmer made on the national scene. Jimmer-mania will be a 30 for 30 someday.
He's nothing that Adam Morrison and Doug McDermott weren't...And everyone knows Kemba was/is immensely superior.

Reaction Score

Did you not make this same exact post in another thread?

Reaction Score
I'm just like Ogden Cougar. I'm here to state how I see things and there's nothing wrong with that. The UCONN fans here have no problem posting all sorts of questionable stuff about BYU so nobody can complain about us.

Wow nice job walking into this one dopey……..nothing like the Jimmer era? Funny stuff……the best guard and the kid who should have been player of the year won the National Title. He was part of 4 NC's in the last 15 years but yeah you're right, "nothing like Jimmer-mania" LOL……...

Reaction Score

That is the same Texas team that had ZERO draft picks last year. The first time since 1938. ehhhhh not your typical Texas power house..........

Reaction Score
Wait long enough and the true BYU fans will show up.

Speaking of the game Friday, I suggest that UCONN put up a special netting all the way around the football field before kick off. The net will stop Taysom Hill's overthrows from hitting somebody in the stands. He has many many overthrows.

Also when they don't like the calls made by the refs, BYU fans often react like in the posted video below. The net will stop the trash and other debris Cougar fans might throw onto the field. You don't want your players to get hit with this stuff.

Your insistence on following BYU fans around to post on the boards of their opponents reeks of immaturity, insecurity, and general "doucheness".

Just thought you should know.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

Yeah. Jimmer mania was AMAZING. I am so jealous of you guys coming in 2nd in the MWC while Kemba put on the most dominant BET performance on a way to the championship.

ANd I have no doubt, Jimmer packed more massive amounts of excitement into the 2 NCAA games he played than Kemba did in six games and a NC.

But I have to call you on BS - BYU returned tickets, so you are are starting to look like a delusional douch& not just a regular douch&

Reaction Score
Nothing in recent memory can stack up to Jimmer-mania. Jimmer got screwed in the NBA. He got on a team where the coach refused to let him show the talent he has. Jimmer is a once-in-a-generation type player.

Reaction Score
Nothing in recent memory can stack up to Jimmer-mania. Jimmer got screwed in the NBA. He got on a team where the coach refused to let him show the talent he has. Jimmer is a once-in-a-generation type player.

Guy you're an idiot. Everyone knows you're not a BYU fan. You're a fan who hates BYU who came to a board of BYU's opponent to act like an idiot. What a lonely life.

Reaction Score
Just so you know Texas was 8-5 last year and 1-4 against top 25 teams, so don't get a big head dude, it was't the best Texas team.
And for the first time in forever, Texas did not have one player drafted to the NFL. Not sure how that happens but they were god-awful last year at the end of the Mack Brown era.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom