BYU fan here | Page 3 | The Boneyard

BYU fan here

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Nothing in recent memory can stack up to Jimmer-mania. Jimmer got screwed in the NBA. He got on a team where the coach refused to let him show the talent he has. Jimmer is a once-in-a-generation type player.

Exactly. Once a generation BYU soars to the rarified air of the losing side of a MWC championship game or the dizzying heights of the sweet 16.

Calhoun has taken dumps that have won bigger than Jimmer.

Reaction Score
Guy you're an idiot. Everyone knows you're not a BYU fan. You're a fan who hates BYU who came to a board of BYU's opponent to act like an idiot. What a lonely life.
BluePete is a regular on Cougarboard. He's a legit BYU fan.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The issue is that nobody can hang with Taysom Hill. He will probably be a first rounder next year in the NFL, so with him it will probably be a blowout. 28 points isn't that far fetched IMHO.
You and BYUDad should get together and play bingo or something. You don't have to gamble or anything. Just play for fun.

Virginia, Utah, Wisconsin, Notre Dame and Washington all found a way to keep up with Hill and at least 3 coaches on UConn's current staff were prominent members of the defensive coaching staffs of teams who beat BYU over the course of the last 367 days. They at least have an idea on what BYU can do. Bronco Mendenhall has no clue what UConn is about. If BYU judges UConn based on last year, they are in for a rude awaking come 7:00 Friday night.

Reaction Score
You and BYUDad should get together and play bingo or something. You don't have to gamble or anything. Just play for fun.

Virginia, Utah, Wisconsin, Notre Dame and Washington all found a way to keep up with Hill and at least 3 coaches on UConn's current staff were prominent members of the defensive coaching staffs of teams who beat BYU over the course of the last 367 days. They at least have an idea on what BYU can do. Bronco Mendenhall has no clue what UConn is about. If BYU judges UConn based on last year, they are in for a rude awaking come 7:00 Friday night.

We will have an advantage at the start of the game, I believe, and I think we will be able to take advantage of that. Even in our worst disciplined and prepared case studies in the past 2 seasons, we've been able to take advantage early. What I'm most interested in seeing, is how we finish.

Reaction Score
Wait long enough and the true BYU fans will show up.

Speaking of the game Friday, I suggest that UCONN put up a special netting all the way around the football field before kick off. The net will stop Taysom Hill's overthrows from hitting somebody in the stands. He has many many overthrows.

Also when they don't like the calls made by the refs, BYU fans often react like in the posted video below. The net will stop the trash and other debris Cougar fans might throw onto the field. You don't want your players to get hit with this stuff.

Wow, not what you'd expect from a bunch of allegedly peaceful, friendly mormons

Reaction Score
Nothing in recent memory can stack up to Jimmer-mania. Jimmer got screwed in the NBA. He got on a team where the coach refused to let him show the talent he has. Jimmer is a once-in-a-generation type player.

I know! I know! How about winning one national title? (Don't get me started on what it's like to win four.)

We had a game at Mohegan Sun a few weeks ago, with two teams of some of our best players of the last 25-30 years. Jimmer would not have cracked the top 10 on either squad.

Reaction Score
Who the ughck is this Jimmer? Jimmer jammer Yabba dabba doo. it's time to crack skulls.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
BYU and UConn do share a common sports thread. For years, UConn held the title of the team with the most NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament appearances without making it to the Final Four. In 1999, that belt passed to BYU.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Apparently you guys didn't see Taysom against Texad last year. He was unstoppable!

There was another game last year where Taysom jumped like 8 or 9 yards. It was so awesome! People have even made Gifs of it and posted them on cougarboard. Kid is a total stud.

No way, they were making GIFs? And actually posting them on cougarbored? Gosh, he's like terrific and awesome and all rolled into one; he's terrawsomic! Love your enthusiasm kid.

(BTW, if he's jumping 8-9 yards (24-27 feet) without specific training he should quit football and enter the long jump in the next olympics)

Reaction Score
I'm not trying to be unfriendly or a poor guest on your board, I just don't believe in being politically correct. If I was a betting man I would be happy to place a wager but I'm not. If this was a basketball game I would have a completely different attitude.

Seems odd that you aren't a betting man, because if your a member of the LDS aren't you betting that some guy named Joe Smith found god in the woods in Western NY in the 1800's?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
How the hell does anyone get cocky on either side here? 27 points? Ridiculous. If this was BYU vs. last year's PP coached UConn team, I would say UConn has no chance to win...of course I felt that against Michigan and they could have and should have won. But even that team would not be a 27 point dog to this BYU team, the defense was very solid.

But this year? UConn is a ghost, an enigma, it is completely unknowable. None of us have any idea what we're going to see, so it is certain that nobody in Utah does. UConn could duplicate what CFU did last year for all I know...or could be overmatched. But all you have to do is look at Auburn last year to know that predicting that you'll see the team we saw last year is a mistake. If I will bet on anything, I will bet on that. This team will be very different than any UConn team anyone has ever seen before. BYU has a very difficult challenge facing a team that can't be scouted.

Reaction Score
No way, they were making GIFs? And actually posting them on cougarbored? Gosh, he's like terrific and awesome and all rolled into one; he's terrawsomic! Love your enthusiasm kid.

(BTW, if he's jumping 8-9 yards (24-27 feet) without specific training he should quit football and enter the long jump in the next olympics)

I once jumped 8 or 9 yards. My girlfriend's dad got home early. Unfortunately the window was 10 yards away.

By the way, give BluePete some slack. His mom only gives him 2 hours per day on the internet, so he has to try to make it count.

Reaction Score
The issue is that nobody can hang with Taysom Hill. He will probably be a first rounder next year in the NFL, so with him it will probably be a blowout. 28 points isn't that far fetched IMHO.

Dude, it's a free country so you can post what you like but you really ought to know you sound ridiculous with all the BYU/NFL talk. I'm more and more convinced that you are either young enough that you are still waiting for a couple parts of your anatomy to drop in which case you need to lift your hands and slowly back away from the keyboard and wait a few years before posting on another BYU opponent's board or you are a Yoot/Aggie fan doing your best to try to make Cougar fans look like morons.

Reaction Score
How the hell does anyone get cocky on either side here? 27 points? Ridiculous. If this was BYU vs. last year's PP coached UConn team, I would say UConn has no chance to win...of course I felt that against Michigan and they could have and should have won. But even that team would not be a 27 point dog to this BYU team, the defense was very solid.

But this year? UConn is a ghost, an enigma, it is completely unknowable. None of us have any idea what we're going to see, so it is certain that nobody in Utah does. UConn could duplicate what CFU did last year for all I know...or could be overmatched. But all you have to do is look at Auburn last year to know that predicting that you'll see the team we saw last year is a mistake. If I will bet on anything, I will bet on that. This team will be very different than any UConn team anyone has ever seen before. BYU has a very difficult challenge facing a team that can't be scouted.

We said many of the same things going into Virginia last year.

It's difficult enough starting a new offensive system against anyone. But against a team intent on running 125 plays in the game?

The problem for UConn is that BYU's defense is highly underrated, and its strength is stopping the run. If UConn is planning on running a lot, and if BYU doesn't get bogged down on offense like they did last year against Virginia, the game could get ugly very fast.

Reaction Score

Jimmer, I always chuckle when people bring up Jimmer in upstate NY,
Taysom is not the only one.

Let me speak for everyone in BYU-Nation in saying we are PUMPED for this game! This is lining up to be a SPECIAL season for BYU and we think we have a chance to go undefeated. Just a breakdown of some of our guys:

Taysom Hill is our QB. Most cougar fans are hoping he stays around for his senior year and doesn't go to the NFL next year. If you saw the Texas game last year you know why he is projected so high for the pros. You just can't stay with the guy - so ATHLETIC!

Jamaal Williams is our RB. He is out for the Uconn game, but still NFL talent. Guy is just a stud.

We have a lot of new receivers this year and they all have NFL potential. Devon Blackmon has been described by some of our media as "stupid fast." Another guy Kurtz is 6'6" and was also recruited by USC - the Trojans only recruit receivers who have NFL talent. Jordan Leslie is a big-time transfer from UTEP. Mitch Matthews is also 6'6"- you know NFL scouts love to see that sort of height.

Our offensive line has shown vast improvement from last year and should be awesome. Likely some NFL talent there as well.

Defense: Bronco Mendenhall always has the most stout defense you will see. Guys literally fly around to the ball. Add to that some of the NFL type guys we have this year and it had the makings of something very special. Fua and Kaufusi are sure fire first rounders when they go (probably next year). We have a new recruit Fred Warner - total stud at LB. He was also recruited by Cal.

Besides all this most of the media thinks our secondary is the best part of our defense. I wouldn't be surprised to see some NFL talent emerge from there as well.

I would LOVE to hear about Uconn and what sort of talent you guys have. Who is projected to the next level? I've noticed that having NFL - talent can be a great barometer of what sort of college team you have.

Here's to a GREAT. Game! And...GO COUGARS!!!!!

You have a ways to go to get to Rutgers Al level, but you're on your way.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Blue Peter, Ivory Torpedo. There appears to be some latent sexual tension on the part of the BYU posters.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
The mix of genuinely nice visitors with complete and utter lunatics that this game has brought to the Boneyard will be remembered for a long time.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
The mix of genuinely nice visitors with complete and utter lunatics that this game has brought to the Boneyard will be remembered for a long time.
Does this mean we are getting more "big-time" as a program?

LO-freakin-L

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Dude, it's a free country so you can post what you like but you really ought to know you sound ridiculous with all the BYU/NFL talk. I'm more and more convinced that you are either young enough that you are still waiting for a couple parts of your anatomy to drop in which case you need to lift your hands and slowly back away from the keyboard and wait a few years before posting on another BYU opponent's board or you are a Yoot/Aggie fan doing your best to try to make Cougar fans look like morons.

Especially since UCONN has 20 current alumni in the NFL and BYU has 9.

Reaction Score
Ha Ha! Great Post! BYU seems to be very polarizing. You either appreciate and respect what they do, or you troll their opponents message boards posing as True Blue Cougar Fan. It's been my experience that the "utter lunatics" fall in to the latter. :)

Can't wait to play you guys Friday. Here's to no injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom