Bye Bye AAC | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Bye Bye AAC

Reaction Score
nor is anyone disappointed in our exit. Other than one good year, post season, UConn did very little for the AAC. And I don't blame the AAC for any of UConn problems.
Lmao yeah just cut out all the actual objective analysis that clearly demonstrates we were one of the better teams in the conference.

So, if we are addition-by-subtraction, why would a clearly-better NBE want us?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
He's trolling, or at least I hope he is.

I'm not at all trolling. Our past performance may have given the AAC some credibility. Outside of this, we were avg at best during our tenure.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Lmao yeah just cut out all the actual objective analysis that clearly demonstrates we were one of the better teams in the conference.

So, if we are addition-by-subtraction, why would a clearly-better NBE want us?

Our future is more promising than what we delivered to the AAC. We were expected to lead the AAC to relevancy. We never delivered.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Our future is more promising than what we delivered to the AAC. We were expected to lead the AAC to relevancy. We never delivered.
1584370771069.png

Reaction Score
This is completely different from “the AAC will be better without UConn.”

Reaction Score

Well, they did catch us at the lowest possible time for our major sports programs in a long time. Football was falling apart and after another miracle NCAA title run in 2014 we never got back anywhere near that level. Geno's teams did just fine but have also dropped off the last 3-4 years.

Reaction Score
Well, they did catch us at the lowest possible time for our major sports programs in a long time. Football was falling apart and after another miracle NCAA title run in 2014 we never got back anywhere near that level. Geno's teams did just fine but have also dropped off the last 3-4 years.
baseball brought quality to the table too. Men's soccer is muddling along, but I don't think that's a conference issue.

Reaction Score
To put it into poker vernacular, joining the AAC was similar to buying into a satellite tournament: If you played your cards right, you could still make the final table. UConn, after the 2014 championship, became the fish at the table and constantly complained about the dealers. The AAC was and still is a decent league. No need to disparage that league because poor decisions were made by UConn officials.
The AAC is now a mid major league. They’re CofUSA. It’s not disparaging to tell the truth

Reaction Score
SMU is a very highly rated university in one of wealthiest and most important areas of the country, Houston is the major university in oil rich Houston, UCf has the largest enrollment in Florida. USF dominates Tampa/ST.Pete. These are major universities in major important states. They have political and economic power. It is only a matter of time before they will be p5 either together or seperately.
LOL

Reaction Score
SMU is a very highly rated university in one of wealthiest and most important areas of the country, Houston is the major university in oil rich Houston, UCf has the largest enrollment in Florida. USF dominates Tampa/ST.Pete. These are major universities in major important states. They have political and economic power. It is only a matter of time before they will be p5 either together or seperately.
Oil is like $30 / barrel

Reaction Score
001.jpg

Reaction Score
Omg- I nearly forgot how much I hate G-Town. Pe-Towey- I spit on them.

Reaction Score

thank you for the humor during these trying times.

Reaction Score
All of the schools you just mentioned are afterthoughts in their respective states. The American is a league filled with off-brand no-name universities, these schools have no power and were embarrassing to be associated with. Good riddance!

Reaction Score
I will tell 65,000 students enrolled at UCF and their 130,000 parents and then tell the 50,000 students at USF and their 100,000 parents that you consider them an after thought. Then there are the 5 ,000,000 Texans who call Houston home....
Of all the states you go to, you pick Florida and UF/FSU, and Texas with UT. Just incredible.

Reaction Score
I will tell 65,000 students enrolled at UCF and their 130,000 parents and then tell the 50,000 students at USF and their 100,000 parents that you consider them an after thought. Then there are the 5 ,000,000 Texans who call Houston home....
This goes to the point of the poster above me... the directional Florida schools share a state with the Florida Gators, Florida State Seminoles and the Miami Hurricanes, all name-brand schools. The University of Houston is in a pro sports city in a state with 5 P-5 schools in it, including arguably the biggest brand in college athletics in UT. You can go down the line in with the other American conference schools, they are all at best "little brother" brands in their respective states (Cinci/Memphis).

Reaction Score
Oddly although our regular season performances where never even great we won more AAC tourney games than any other team 2014-17
2014 2-1
2015 3-1
2016 3-0
2017 2-1
2018 0-1
2019 1-1
for an 11-5 Tourney record. We were 10-3 until the last two seasons which is remarkable . Considering regular season disappointments the margins of some of these wins is also surprising. So as far as I’m concerned we can leave with our heads held high.
Because of the uneven regular season that might be a better indicator of our strength vs the league than the regular season or it might be a statistical anomaly.
We also were 7-1 *in NCAA appearances during that time .earning much more NCAA money than anyone.
* That might be more wins than the rest of the AAC combined.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom