Bye Bye AAC | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Bye Bye AAC

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
You can feel the intensity in the building as we trade baskets in the final seconds of the final ( senior night) game of the season here in New Orleans. Electric. I am going to miss these rivalries.

4100 seats and place was less than half full.

I will say this, Fogelman is a nice little place and if Tulane were ever good it would be a great environment.

Reaction Score
It is kinda funny that that's pretty much the best they've put in the pros
paschall's probably the best. averaging 14 a game for the warriors as a rookie. all of their guys are in their second or third year too so kinda hard to judge yet

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
paschall's probably the best. averaging 14 a game for the warriors as a rookie. all of their guys are in their second or third year too so kinda hard to judge yet
Have to give Paschall credit there. I never imagined he'd pan out in the league. Granted I'm pretty sure some of the other warriors were playing cyo last year.

VCE

Reaction Score
Villanova fans nowadays remind me of the new kid in school who's parents just bought him a new iPhone. That's cool you have something nice, you still listen to whack music.

Georgetown, Syracuse and Villanova fans from the 80s think you're the new kid who just got a Motorola flip phone in '99.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Georgetown, Syracuse and Villanova fans from the 80s think you're the new kid who just got a Motorola flip phone in '99.
Have you seen the news? The Motorola razor is coming back and it’s sick.

Atlantic10now

Go Big or Go Home
Reaction Score
AAC season over FOR UCONN
AAC Tournament over FOR UCONN and never started
March Madness 2020 over FOR UCONN and never started
Tenure in AAC over FOR UCONN and should never have started.

WELCOME HOME TO THE BIG EAST CONFERENCE!!!!!!!!

Finally, the nightmare is over!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So, I have the game ticket from UConn vs. Tulane. Last AAC game played by the Huskies. I'll put that in the box with my Stolichnaya vodka with the made in the USSR label. Hopefully in 50-60 years each can be worth at least $1.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Based on past performance, the AAC improves with UConn leaving. I haven't understood the complaints that the league did us in.

Reaction Score
Based on past performance, the AAC improves with UConn leaving. I haven't understood the complaints that the league did us in.
Improves? Lol

Reaction Score
42218110-3E02-41DA-ADA8-B5C4C5724059.gif

Reaction Score
based on our past performance, absolutely.
So who do they replace us with? Let’s say at the worst over our tenure we were an average, middle of the pack AAC team. Losing us for nothing doesn’t “improve” the conference. They lose their flagship program and any semblance of relevance that came with it. I mean we won a NC for the conference. They aren’t getting better with our departure. At best they’ll be unaffected

Reaction Score
based on our past performance, absolutely.

Over the 7 years in the league:

Conference Median Team Ranking: 115
Conference Average Team Ranking: 127

UConn's Mean Ranking: 73
UConn's Average Ranking: 77

UConn finished in the half in the conference (Kenpom) 5/7 years.

The AAC is not getting better without UConn.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Brand, travel cost and wear and tear on the staff and players, and fan interest all took a beating the American. Yeah it overlapped the Ollie years and the climb back, but the damage done happened independent of our struggles during the post 2014 part of that era.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

The AAC is not getting better without UConn.

nor is anyone disappointed in our exit. Other than one good year, post season, UConn did very little for the AAC. And I don't blame the AAC for any of UConn problems.

Reaction Score
nor is anyone disappointed in our exit. Other than one good year, post season, UConn did very little for the AAC. And I don't blame the AAC for any of UConn problems.
We had more than “1 good year”. Secondly we gave the AAC credibility. PERIOD. The AAC is now completely irrelevant. I’m 1000% sure that Cincy and Memphis are not happy with our exit. The AAC is not “responsible” for our struggles.....BUT........the AAC brought us ZERO benefits.

Reaction Score
UConn made more money for the AAC in Men's Basketball via Post Season payouts than any other school.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

FWIW, coaches have said otherwise. A more interesting question will be if ESPN renegotiates the terms of the American media contract. Since the contact is very low value, especially net of production costs, they may not.

Reaction Score
So who do they replace us with? Let’s say at the worst over our tenure we were an average, middle of the pack AAC team. Losing us for nothing doesn’t “improve” the conference. They lose their flagship program and any semblance of relevance that came with it. I mean we won a NC for the conference. They aren’t getting better with our departure. At best they’ll be unaffected
He's trolling, or at least I hope he is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom