Bye Bye AAC | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Bye Bye AAC

Reaction Score
Nobody, outside people on this forum, think the current Big East is anything but The Big East. They have the name and the history. Perception is reality I'm afraid.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Hey Rip Van Winkle, Nova won the National Championship in '16 and '18.
yeah and your point is?
You think that the competition in 2016 and 2018 was the same as the hay day of the OBE? And maybe Nova could have in those years (I have doubts based on the size and physical play in the OBE) but nobody else.
Jay Wright would be the 1st to admit that

Reaction Score
The original post was not in reference to UConn's play, it was the conference in general
right. i can see now that he was referring to uconn in the post, but i assumed he meant the conference as a whole upon first reading

Reaction Score
yeah and your point is?
You think that the competition in 2016 and 2017 was the same as the hay day of the OBE? And maybe Nova could have in those years (I have doubts based on the size and physical play in the OBE) but nobody else.
Snark
nova won every single game in the 2018 tournament by atleast double digits and beat oklahoma by 44 in the final 4 in 2016. they would've been fine

although i'd agree the league wasn't as strong in those years as some of the behemoth big east years, it was still a 5 bid and 6 bid league

Reaction Score
right. i can see now that he was referring to uconn in the post, but i assumed he meant the conference as a whole upon first reading
No I think you were right and he was referring to the conference as a whole

Atlantic10now

Go Big or Go Home
Reaction Score
I will be changing my screen name to Big East Forever! We are not leaving this conference again. Over the last ten years, nine of ten NCAA champions have come from the Big East and ACC (Look it up). I include UCONN's 2014 win despite being in in the AAC because we should have never left the Big East.

Not debating if we left or they left, at the end of the day, our conference says AAC not Big East, but that era is now over. Good riddance! Change the current logo for Jonathan back to the Big East era logo and let this nightmare go quietly into the night.

Tulane looked like a high school arena today, sparsely populated and fans paid to attend. We will not see that with the lowest school in the Big East.

Season is over now! Bye Bye AAC!!!!!

Reactions: VCE
Reaction Score
yeah and your point is?
You think that the competition in 2016 and 2018 was the same as the hay day of the OBE? And maybe Nova could have in those years (I have doubts based on the size and physical play in the OBE) but nobody else.
Jay Wright would be the 1st to admit that
Nova had 4 nba players on that last title team and they romped on their way to a national title. If your point is college basketball as a whole was better in the 80's, well no s*** Sherlock.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
The original post was not in reference to UConn's play, it was the conference in general
Maybe he didn't intend to. But the grammar used by all means Indicates he was referring to UConn.

Reaction Score
Nova had 4 nba players on that last title team and they romped on their way to a national title. If your point is college basketball as a whole was better in the 80's, well no s*** Sherlock.
actually they had 6. brunson, bridges, divincenzo, spellman, paschall, and phil booth got a few nba minutes this year

Reaction Score
yeah and your point is?

1583710912600.png

My point is that 2016 and 2018 Nova could finish in the top half of the OBE

(Even this year's Nova team would)

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
You can feel the intensity in the building as we trade baskets in the final seconds of the final ( senior night) game of the season here in New Orleans. Electric. I am going to miss these rivalries.
A nominee for Snarky Post of the Year.

Reaction Score
actually they had 6. brunson, bridges, divincenzo, spellman, paschall, and phil booth got a few nba minutes this year
I meant that left after that season. Phil Booth isn't an nba player.

Reaction Score
I understand what you meant, just saying, all 5 starters and their 6th man got minutes in the NBA last year
Where are you getting that Phil Booth is an NBA player?

Reaction Score
Where are you getting that Phil Booth is an NBA player?
i thought he got a few minutes, but i'm not finding any support for that, so you may be right. i think he's on cleveland's g-league team now. so let's call it 5 nba guys. still pretty good

Reaction Score
There will never be an OBE
It was the finest basketball conference and UConn was a major force and near or at the top of most accomplishments
This NBE is formidable but none of these teams would finish in the top half of the OBE
Make up your mind, either there is or isn't an OBE?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Villanova fans nowadays remind me of the new kid in school who's parents just bought him a new iPhone. That's cool you have something nice, you still listen to whack music.

Reaction Score
Villanova fans nowadays remind me of the new kid in school who's parents just bought him a new iPhone. That's cool you have something nice, you still listen to whack music.

aka "annoying".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom