Bye Bye AAC | The Boneyard

Bye Bye AAC

Atlantic10now

Go Big or Go Home
Reaction Score
With the last home game in this conference complete and a win, I can say in the loudest terms possible GOODBYE AAC!!!!!!

Seven years ago, UCONN administration officials with no connection to UCONN basketball tradition and dreams of football dollars in their eyes left the Big East Conference. Reinforced by radio commentators echoing the company line that this was a good move and football would get better, led UCONN fans down a rabbit hole with no football dollars to speak of and broken basketball dreams. Each year got progressively worse in the AAC until we hit rockbottom. Make no mistake, leaving the Big East was an incredibly stupid move, one that a case study should be written by the School of Business about how you take your prized cash cow and drive it into the ground, hoping you can develop excellence in a sport where you've never shown excellence on Power 5 or specifically SEC level.

I had no connection with AAC teams in any way, as did many of you reading this post. Going to the game Thursday and watching us win for me meant closure and there is no reason to play any of these teams again. AAC is an Ex that you wish well but never need to see again.

It's good to be home! Go Big East Conference!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
With the last home game in this conference complete and a win, I can say in the loudest terms possible GOODBYE AAC!!!!!!

Seven years ago, UCONN administration officials with no connection to UCONN basketball tradition and dreams of football dollars in their eyes left the Big East Conference. Reinforced by radio commentators echoing the company line that this was a good move and football would get better, led UCONN fans down a rabbit hole with no football dollars to speak of and broken basketball dreams. Each year got progressively worse in the AAC until we hit rockbottom. Make no mistake, leaving the Big East was an incredibly stupid move, one that a case study should be written by the School of Business about how you take your prized cash cow and drive it into the ground, hoping you can develop excellence in a sport where you've never shown excellence on Power 5 or specifically SEC level.

I had no connection with AAC teams in any way, as did many of you reading this post. Going to the game Thursday and watching us win for me meant closure and there is no reason to play any of these teams again. AAC is an Ex that you wish well but never need to see again.

Looks to me like you are an A-10 person. So, will you be changing your screen name to BigEastnow?

Reaction Score
UCONN administration officials with no connection to UCONN basketball tradition and dreams of football dollars in their eyes left the Big East Conference.

Umm....we didn't leave the Big East. The Catholic 7 left the Big East and those of us who remained added teams To survive. We then sold the name "Big East" to the Catholic 7 for big bucks.

I agree with your sentiments about leaving the AAC, but this (new) Big East is not our old Big East.

(TRest typed faster than me.)

Reaction Score

We were left holding the bag. It has nothing to do with $$ in their eyes for football. It was idiots asleep at the wheel who failed at every turn to get us out when the gettin was good.

Reaction Score
Umm....we didn't leave the Big East. The Catholic 7 left the Big East and those of us who remained added teams To survive. We then sold the name "Big East" to the Catholic 7 for big bucks.

I agree with your sentiments about leaving the AAC, but this (new) Big East is not our old Big East.

(TRest typed faster than me.)
The new Big East is the same as the old Big East, it's the original schools with a few added schools. Same as it always was and same thing as the other major conferences.

Reaction Score
In case u missed in other thread, good-byu AAC with a 'bang'. Sorry for mixed (sport) metaphor.

1583630293176.png

Reaction Score
The new Big East is the same as the old Big East, it's the original schools with a few added schools. Same as it always was and same thing as the other major conferences.

I don’t want to get into a fight over this, and I am OK going back to the BE, but this is not the old BE. That is fine, but don’t say it’s the same. No Cuse, Pitt, Louisville. Not to mention BC, Miami and West Virginia. No one can argue it’s an upgrade for hoops. But please stop with it’s the Old BE nonsense.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
I wouldn't say that each year got progressively worse in the AAC. This year in the conference has been a major upswing compared to the last 3. Also love the Raw passion from OP, but this is an extremely uninformed post.

Reaction Score
I don’t want to get into a fight over this, and I am OK going back to the BE, but this is not the old BE. That is fine, but don’t say it’s the same. No Cuse, Pitt, Louisville. Not to mention BC, Miami and West Virginia. No one can argue it’s an upgrade for hoops. But please stop with it’s the Old BE nonsense.
And the old ACC isn’t the new ACC, the old Big 10 isn’t the new Big 10, etc, etc...

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

You my friend have no idea what you are talking about
This is full of inaccuracies
Stay in the A10 where life is much simpler

Reaction Score
I'll let you in on a little secret Louisville, Miami, and West Virginia aren't the old Big East.

VCE

Reaction Score

it looks and feels a lot more like the original Big East than the monstrosities that followed, especially with you guys back in the fold. We'll all miss 'Cuse and that's it. The notion that 'Ville, 'Nati, USF, Rutgers, etc, were part of an "OBE" is laughable. Welcome home!

Reaction Score

UConn did not leave the big east

Reaction Score
I'm a football fan and have been going to games for a long time. But football is broken and these past 2 seasons were enough to break an entire athletic department. The football team is bad bad bad. So I cam see the idea to try and save the basketball team in the big east. The big east is still a good conference and MSG will be fun again. Plus the football team is already dead I dont see what the point of subjecting it to aac teams that they cant beat. At least now we can maybe play 6 games we can win,and tailgating will still be fun.

Reaction Score
And the old ACC isn’t the new ACC, the old Big 10 isn’t the new Big 10, etc, etc...
Those leagues never lost any teams, they just added on The Big East, except for the Catholic basketball only schools, was blown up.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I’m sure this is a product of the internet but it’s feels as though we attract the most uniformed fans. Don’t know the sports or the history of the program. We left the Big East? Since when?

Reaction Score
true but isn’t it ironic that all those teams u mentioned above all suck right now except for Louisville and maybe wv.

Reaction Score
Those leagues never lost any teams, they just added on The Big East, except for the Catholic basketball only schools, was blown up.
Other than Louisville and to a lesser extent WV, what former OBE teams have thrived in their new homes?

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom