Butler Post Game Thread | The Boneyard

Butler Post Game Thread

temery

What?
Reaction Score
IMG_3783.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Watching the game and noticing Castles defender sag way off him…..Why do we continue to have players that never improve their shot at UConn? Taleik Brown, Andre Jackson, and Stephon Castle come to mind. Why not bring in a shooting guru that can work with these guys? Jackson’s shot in the NBA looks much improved, there is no reason why he couldn’t do that 2 years earlier?

Reaction Score
Good to see UConn get a gritty road win highlighted by the second half step up by Karaban, Spencer, Newton and Castle.

Underrated second half by Diarra too: three quick buckets and the injection of his energy was huge during a dull moment.

Reaction Score
Nice impressive road conference win ! That second half was a battle and UConn’s second half defense won the game.

I also liked how their second half offense was in downhill mode attacking the basket and getting out in the open running.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Props to Hurley, that's a great job changing the tone at half and getting the guys playing at a different level on both ends.

That game showed why Castle is a top 10 pick and props to AK and Diarra and Spencer. Cam does so many little things that are winning plays.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Butler is a bubble team that can't really defend. They hide it relatively well with some shifting schemes, but Butler sucks defensively.

They can put the ball in the basket though.

Reaction Score
I don't know what was said at halftime, but the energy and effort was COMPLETELY different in the second half. Congratulations Coach Hurley for another close win! Quad 1

Good -
  • Castle did really well on Posh. Made it impossible for him to get anything going, 3 points on 1-5 shooting. Meanwhile Castle 14 points and 9 rebounds, crucial to our comeback
  • Karaban took some questionable shots but made really timely ones. Love his leadership
  • Newton ends with 17 points even though he shot 3-12. If nothing else, he's going to make some free throws
In Between -
  • Guys are sagging way off Castle when he's on the perimeter and it kills our offense. BUT he's getting better at finding his way to the hoop, and is really good down there
Bad -
  • How many times did we either just hand them the ball or get it poked away in the first half? Serious lack of care with the ball
  • On defense, we are slow and small. Couldn't stay in front or wall up at the rim, gave up baskets and fouled a lot as a result. But we outgunned them so no harm done
1 minute left, 4 point game, Butler locked us down, forced a miss, Hinkle was rocking..6'4 Cam Spencer grabs the rebound then swishes a dagger 3. Guts. Let's go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Watching the game and noticing Castles defender sag way off him…..Why do we continue to have players that never improve their shot at UConn? Taleik Brown, Andre Jackson, and Stephon Castle come to mind. Why not bring in a shooting guru that can work with these guys? Jackson’s shot in the NBA looks much improved, there is no reason why he couldn’t do that 2 years earlier?
Castle has played like 11 games guy.

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm living in the moment, but that was a really great win. This showed me a lot about this team.

I feel like last year's team loses this game. We didn't make a lot of comebacks last year (or at all in Hurley's tenure) against teams that weren't Georgetown.

Down 7 at halftime. Without Clingan. With AK and Samson in foul trouble. Against a bubble team on the road on Friday night in a packed house. DId what we had to do to win. Made our FTs.

Karaban was a dude in the 2nd half. Made shots. Took advantage of mismatches. Drove when open. The fouls sucked (and most were actual fouls), but by far our best player tonight I thought.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom