Butler on the bench | The Boneyard

Butler on the bench

Status
Not open for further replies.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Man, she is TALL. Must have grown an inch since we recruited her. :)

Reaction Score
Man, she is TALL. Must have grown an inch since we recruited her. :)
I thought the same thing. It looked as though she towered over her future teammates. Could have been the street shoes (i.e. heels) height advantage over sneakers that helped. But in any case she is one tall girl.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
She got some screen time in the All Access show on SNY, too.

Reaction Score
She was showing some great enthusiasm out there, as well. Looked more fired up than the players on the court at times.

It's a sutble, yet promising sign that she's already this pumped about being on the team. It bodes well for next year, IMO.

Reaction Score
I thought the same thing. It looked as though she towered over her future teammates. Could have been the street shoes (i.e. heels) height advantage over sneakers that helped. But in any case she is one tall girl.
She was wearing sneakers; Courtney next to her looked like she wore heels.

Reaction Score
I was wondering who that tall girl was, too young looking to be a coach/assistant, too mature looking for a sophmore..

Reaction Score
She was wearing sneakers; Courtney next to her looked like she wore heels.
FWIW. I watched the replay. Butler was wearing white pumps with heels. They can be clearly seen when Jefferson fouls out and she returns to the UConn bench.

Reaction Score
I thought it was only nonscholarship players that had that issue.. are you sure Redshirt players are in the same boat? Didn't Morgan go with the team last year?

Reaction Score
I thought it was only nonscholarship players that had that issue.. are you sure Redshirt players are in the same boat? Didn't Morgan go with the team last year?

Players who are sitting out for a year after transferring cannot travel with the team or receive reimbursement for travel. Morgan's situation was very different since she was just sitting out due to an injury. Non-scholarship players are treated exactly the same as scholarship players when it comes to travel.

Reaction Score
How does the team travel ? charter / private or commercial air ?

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Butler paid her own way to ND. For those of you who have been at the games and seen her she is big and tall. 6'5 or taller. She works hard to get better and IMO next season she will need some time to blend into the team chemistry but being she averaged a double double at GTown I don't see any reason why that would be less at UConn. Defenses will not be able to push her around and she wants to learn which means shes coachable. I have very high hopes for her next season and with Tuck and Stewie on the floor with her and with next years class coming in we will be tuff to beat.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
How does the team travel ? charter / private or commercial air ?
Charter quite a bit of the time. Not sure if all the time though. I remember reading from some alumni that they have it better (travel, accommodations) at UCONN than when they turn professional (WNBA).

Reaction Score
Charter quite a bit of the time. Not sure if all the time though. I remember reading from some alumni that they have it better (travel, accommodations) at UCONN than when they turn professional (WNBA).
I imagine after the ND beating that they won't be flying Air Lingus! :cool:

Reaction Score

so Butler would have to pay 1/30 (?) of the cost of the charter flight, plus bus, hotel and meals ? ........ I am guessing at the number of people on the flight- that sounds expensive

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
so Butler would have to pay 1/30 (?) of the cost of the charter flight, plus bus, hotel and meals ? ... I am guessing at the number of people on the flight- that sounds expensive
I have no idea if Butler actually traveled "with" the team. She may have gotten a much cheaper commercial flight? Maybe she flew in and flew out same day and didn't stay overnight? IDK. Just know she was there and had to somehow pay her own way. And you may be right, maybe it was very expensive?? Maybe her folks are really well off?? Who knows?

Reaction Score
I don't think she can travel with the team. She would have to go commercial, plus hotel and meals.

Reaction Score
I have no idea if Butler actually traveled "with" the team. She may have gotten a much cheaper commercial flight? Maybe she flew in and flew out same day and didn't stay overnight? IDK. Just know she was there and had to somehow pay her own way. And you may be right, maybe it was very expensive?? Maybe her folks are really well off?? Who knows?

A typical Fairfax Station home:

FX8178899.jpg

She probably used her dad's plane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members