Butler on the bench | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Butler on the bench

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
She looked really good on our bench, I thought, and she will look even better next year on our bench next year. (Although I am betting she does not spend much time on it!)

Reaction Score
A typical Fairfax Station home:

FX8178899.jpg

She probably used her dad's plane
Fairfax Station, VA
Per capita income: $73,361 (USA $28,051)
Median family income: $202,007 (USA $64,585)
% Households w/ income > $200,000: 48.05% (USA 4.64%)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Butler's family has a ranch type home. There is video online of her moving hay and working in the stables.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Good video. At the end of the article (in 2012), Natalie says, "Keith Brown is an amazing coach ...". Oh well.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I don't know about Natalie's actual house, but Fairfax Station is a rather affluent area. Plus, her father is an Annapolis grad, and most of them do rather well. She's got a full scholarship. I bet the family can afford for her to go to South Bend. Whether it was a financial sacrifice or easily affordable, I have no idea--and that's getting too personal for the board--but it was important to Natalie. I'm thrilled that she was there. And I'm doubly thrilled that she saw the impact that a tall rebounder and shot blocker can have.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
She's got a full scholarship. I bet the family can afford for her to go to South Bend.

She signed a financial aid agreement when she transferred so I'm not so sure how affluent her family is.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
She signed a financial aid agreement when she transferred so I'm not so sure how affluent her family is.

If UConn offered her a scholarship, why wouldn't she? Doesn't matter how affluent her family is.

In any event, her father is a Managing Director at Grant Thornton, , a major consulting firm, in defense-related areas. Prior to that, he held a high position with Booz Allen. It is safe to think that he is doing very well financially. As mentioned before, the majority of Navy grads do very well in their post-Navy careers.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
How does the team travel ? charter / private or commercial air ?
This depends on many factors. legend has it both Geno and Jim once had their team run to the next game after a bad loss!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
If UConn offered her a scholarship, why wouldn't she? Doesn't matter how affluent her family is.

Guess I'm surprised you can get financial aid if you're more than well off. Thought you have to qualify based on financial circumstances.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Guess I'm surprised you can get financial aid if you're more than well off. Thought you have to qualify based on financial circumstances.
Not for athletic scholarships. See Diamond or Courtney Paris as examples.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score

In any event, her father is a Managing Director at Grant Thornton, , a major consulting firm, in defense-related areas. Prior to that, he held a high position with Booz Allen. It is safe to think that he is doing very well financially. As mentioned before, the majority of Navy grads do very well in their post-Navy careers.

None of our business.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Sluconn Husky said:

Not in the case of athletic scholarships. Those have no constraints with respect to parents' circumstances.

Elena Della Donne also comes from a very affluent family, and she received scholarship offers from many colleges.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Sluconn - thanks for posting the video - don't remember seeing it before. With to Naval academy parents and a farm upbringing I suspect discipline and work ethic are pretty firmly entrenched in her make up.

Reaction Score
She was showing some great enthusiasm out there, as well. Looked more fired up than the players on the court at times.

It's a SUBTLE, yet promising sign that she's already this pumped about being on the team. It bodes well for next year, IMO.

Well, that's no surprise - SUBTLER is an anagram of BUTLERS !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer