Butler game cancelled (merged multiple threads) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Butler game cancelled (merged multiple threads)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Is anyone else thinking back to the Baylor/Oklahoma thread and Nicki Collen’s disparaging OK for showing up for their game 30 minutes late and inconveniencing the Baylor fans and team?

If Geno were of the same mind set as Collen, I’m sure he’s muttering about why those inconsiderate Bulldogs didn’t hop on a plane on Wednesday. Fortunately, I think he’s got a lot more class.
That was a pretty low bar.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Is it an (NCAA) rule that weather related cancelations are not considered a forfeit so therefore not reflected in the Win-Loss world? But if a game is canceled due to COVID, the forfeit is reflected? I guess maybe the COVID cancelations are unique to this season only.

Reaction Score
Is anyone else thinking back to the Baylor/Oklahoma thread and Nicki Collen’s disparaging OK for showing up for their game 30 minutes late and inconveniencing the Baylor fans and team?

If Geno were of the same mind set as Collen, I’m sure he’s muttering about why those inconsiderate Bulldogs didn’t hop on a plane on Wednesday. Fortunately, I think he’s got a lot more class.

EDIT - I see HuskyNan was also thinking along these lines!
I'm sure if Butler could have they would have come earlier than planned to avoid the weather issues.

Reaction Score
The weather outside is frightful
And the Butler game would’ve been delightful
So now I have no place to go
So let it snow let it snow let it snow
Charlie Brown Snow GIF

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Overpriced and not the same quality I live 5 minutes away and won’t go anymore

Please tell me time hasn't ruined Harry's in Colchester. That and Ford's in Noank are the two places I miss the most.

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
Will Geno throw a hissy fit and complain about Butler not managing the weather better so that his team isn’t inconvenienced? Maybe he can take a couple of potshots at refs, too.
Our mellow fellow, Geno? Nah.

Reaction Score
I live just down the road from Ford's and they are going strong with some onsite expansion and they bought and reopened the old Seahorse-plenty of lobster rolls to go around:)

Reaction Score
Please tell me time hasn't ruined Harry's in Colchester. That and Ford's in Noank are the two places I miss the most.
Went to Harry’s last summer still good I’m an Abbotts guy but fords get reviews in the lobster roll thread on the mens board

Reaction Score
My stocks are down and UConn's game is cancelled....I don't think this day could be much worse. Maybe I'll break my diet and eat Pizza!
Yeah, me too. But I made some hot chocolate.

Then, while pondering if I dare try to exit and reenter our driveway, I considered that an extra couple of days of rest, recovery, and practice are good before TN...or so we can hope. ;)

Reaction Score
Gabriel and Deberry must feel snakebit. This was probably the one game where they expected to see a fair amount of on court time compared to the per usual.:(
I feel for Gabriel and DeBerry, they deserve more PT!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Do you know who used to be a pretty good poster? @GoUconn7961 I wonder what happened to her?

Reaction Score
Too bad about the game but UConn would get more benefit from scrimmaging against their practice players. Just have the men wear mittens to simulate the hands of the vol players. ;)

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Went to Harry’s last summer still good I’m an Abbotts guy but fords get reviews in the lobster roll thread on the mens board
Lobster rolls. Captain Scott's Lobster Dock, New London

Reaction Score
My 19.5 year old cat and best friend/ side kick through all lives up and downs since junior year of college in 2002 passed away unexpectedly today. She’s been with me through everything including marriage and divorce. Given today’s ice storm and such, the idea of a game to watch was the only thing holding me together. Sigh. Sorry for being ridiculously selfish. Of course I’m glad that both teams are safe and not traveling in this mess, but I was really looking forward to a break from the hurt to focus on something else for 2 hours….

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

Love Ben Vereen but I prefer the version from Chicago. Great movie.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
My 19.5 year old cat and best friend/ side kick through all lives up and downs since junior year of college in 2002 passed away unexpectedly today. She’s been with me through everything including marriage and divorce. Given today’s ice storm and such, the idea of a game to watch was the only thing holding me together. Sigh. Sorry for being ridiculously selfish. Of course I’m glad that both teams are safe and not traveling in this mess, but I was really looking forward to a break from the hurt to focus on something else for 2 hours….
Sorry.

A new rescue cat might help. Ours has three legs and a big heart.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
My best friend lives in Indiana and he stated that almost everything has been shut down because of the severe weather since Late Wednesday/early Thursday. Many flights were cancelled Thurs due to the snow and ice storms. Indianapolis airport only had about 30 flights out with more than 110 canceled. Most of the roads were closed due to not enough snow plows. As of 11:00 PM last night Indy had 7.3 inches of snow, a new record for the 3rd of February, and there was major winds blowing the snow making it hard for driving.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom