Butler game cancelled (merged multiple threads) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Butler game cancelled (merged multiple threads)

Reaction Score
Sorry.

A new rescue cat might help. Ours has three legs and a big heart.
I have a handful of others, I foster and do cat rescue, this was just my first that was “mine” that I got at 19 years old and it just hurts. Give yours a hug from me please

Reaction Score
I want to hit the dislike on this post, but it’s not like you did anything.

I’m shaking my head here. We just cannot catch a break this year.

This Is Great I Love It GIF by Kinda Funny
Yeah, but Maxine how all the other teams feel! Every cancellation increases the chance that they will have to deal with Paige “Buckets”!:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Will Geno throw a hissy fit and complain about Butler not managing the weather better so that his team isn’t inconvenienced? Maybe he can take a couple of potshots at refs, too.
Maybe he can get the Baylor coach to do hat for him. She’s very good at it and is in mid season form!

Reaction Score
My 19.5 year old cat and best friend/ side kick through all lives up and downs since junior year of college in 2002 passed away unexpectedly today. She’s been with me through everything including marriage and divorce. Given today’s ice storm and such, the idea of a game to watch was the only thing holding me together. Sigh. Sorry for being ridiculously selfish. Of course I’m glad that both teams are safe and not traveling in this mess, but I was really looking forward to a break from the hurt to focus on something else for 2 hours….
So sorry for your loss. Whenever one of my pets dies I refer back to this paragraph which is from The Cats of Thistle Hill by Roger Caras.
” But now I realize in a quiet and I guess resigned way, that every pet we ever hold is a tragedy waiting to happen. It is inevitable. From long experience I know that the fact that a pet dies is far less important than it lived. I can look back on some lifetime favorites and I smile inside, not cry. I remember the wonderful things they used to do, not when they stopped doing them. I guess the only question we have to ask is, did we do as well by them as we could have? I hope the answer is yes. I think it is.”

Reaction Score
My 19.5 year old cat and best friend/ side kick through all lives up and downs since junior year of college in 2002 passed away unexpectedly today. She’s been with me through everything including marriage and divorce. Given today’s ice storm and such, the idea of a game to watch was the only thing holding me together. Sigh. Sorry for being ridiculously selfish. Of course I’m glad that both teams are safe and not traveling in this mess, but I was really looking forward to a break from the hurt to focus on something else for 2 hours….
I’m so sorry!

Reaction Score
Too bad about the game but UConn would get more benefit from scrimmaging against their practice players. Just have the men wear mittens to simulate the hands of the vol players. ;)
Are you sure they are not speed bag gloves [and not mittens]?!?

Reaction Score
I am so sorry for your loss and I don’t think you are being selfish at all. Basketball pretty much saved my sanity the year I got divorced, so I understand your need for a distraction. Maybe you could find the 2002 championship online and watch that in her memory?

Reaction Score
I am so sorry for your loss and I don’t think you are being selfish at all. Basketball pretty much saved my sanity the year I got divorced, so I understand your need for a distraction. Maybe you could find the 2002 championship online and watch that in her memory?
Ha. My Emmy kitty and basketball helped me through my divorce as well. Glad she stuck around long enough to help me through that last year when ncaa got canceled.

Reaction Score
So sorry for your loss. Whenever one of my pets dies I refer back to this paragraph which is from The Cats of Thistle Hill by Roger Caras.
” But now I realize in a quiet and I guess resigned way, that every pet we ever hold is a tragedy waiting to happen. It is inevitable. From long experience I know that the fact that a pet dies is far less important than it lived. I can look back on some lifetime favorites and I smile inside, not cry. I remember the wonderful things they used to do, not when they stopped doing them. I guess the only question we have to ask is, did we do as well by them as we could have? I hope the answer is yes. I think it is.”
For sure she had the best spoiled kitty life ever. I can undoubtedly say that I have no regrets and can’t think of anything she missed out on or anything else I could have offered her. She was the best sidekick/ furry soulmate I could ever have asked for. If I don’t experience a connection that deep ever again, I’ll be better off for the time she gave me with her (and 19.7 years isn’t too shabby to be fully healthy and happy and living to the fullest for a cat!)

Reaction Score
Just another opportunity for a makeup game when PB is back.
I doubt any further games are made up with only 3 weeks left in the season. If any are made up I'd bet on ones that impact Big East tournament seeding.

Reaction Score
I know but the Big East doesn't seem inclined to reschedule. They would have already announced games because we can all see the schedules and find spots where a make up game would fit, and yet all we get is radio silence from the conference. It's like in baseball when you get to the end of the season having played only 160 or 161 games - unless it's going to materially impact the post-season those games will never happen. Forfeits are dumb, but I'm not surprised the most inept P5 conference is doing that.

Reaction Score
Condolences and hugs for the loss of your BFF.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
What is that?
The Bernice Special has 4 slices of cheese that drape over the side of the burger onto the griddle, where it crisps up. They usually fold it back onto the burger but maybe someone requested they leave it unfolded

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Love Ben Vereen but I prefer the version from Chicago. Great movie.

Agreed, but it had all the movie parts in between the song. I was just trying to get "the song" . And I'd never seen Ben's Sesame St one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom