2021 Recruiting: - Busy recruitment is heating up for Samson Johnson | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Busy recruitment is heating up for Samson Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can you detail your weaknesses for us?
9aee5d62-54e8-4a68-9f88-eaa9c6635dac_text.gif

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Is he really a priority target for us or a backup to Clingan? We will still have two young centers on the roster. I'd rather find a shooting guard.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Is he really a priority target for us or a backup to Clingan? We will still have two young centers on the roster. I'd rather find a shooting guard.
He's a PF. Which is arguably the weakest roster spot.

Reaction Score

He’s a PF in 2021 and Clingan is a C in 2022. One doesn’t affect the other. Plenty of room for a SG as well and all indications are that that is our other priority (Hawkins).

Reaction Score
Yes, absolutely. Samson is a forward and everything is pointing towards him coming here. Shooting guard is the other priority for this class.

Reaction Score
Depending on Akok, I guess that's true. I do look forward to seeing Springs play.

This will most likely be a 4 man class, so it makes sense to add one big to the stable. PF makes more sense than C since we have two freshmen centers in this years class and are laser focused on Clingan in 2022. Springs is also big enough to play the 5.

Reaction Score
Depending on Akok, I guess that's true. I do look forward to seeing Springs play.
Springs is intriguing, but he is unknown. It seems that Johnson’s game is very different than his and Sanogo’s, meaning any two of the three should be able to share the floor together.

As for Akok, there are three possible outcomes for 2021-2022: Healthy and playing pro, healthy and at UConn, or unhealthy and at UConn (please God no). If Akok is healthy and playing for us, which I think is the most likely scenario, then it gives Johnson a year to develop as a role player. In either of the other two scenarios, we’d need a PF badly.

Reaction Score
Kinda reminds me of a similar, maybe albeit slightly lesser, prospect to Jaren Jackson a couple years ago.

Reaction Score
This will most likely be a 4 man class, so it makes sense to add one big to the stable. PF makes more sense than C since we have two freshmen centers in this years class and are laser focused on Clingan in 2022. Springs is also big enough to play the 5.
Seems like DH/staff are recruiting as if it will be a 4 man class based on their targets/offers..Won't speculate on any other scenarios at this time..

Reaction Score
Bouknight going pro.

Yeah...I think that is the expectation of the 4th spot. I wasn't talking about a transfer or de-commit from us...I was saying we could take transfer in or get a de-commit from another school.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Responding to nonsense, rather than ignoring it.
didnt you say that everyone needs to recognize and own their own strengths and weaknesses? I actually agree with that sentiment.

you detail your strengths all the time on this board. Why not be a great example of your words and detail your weaknesses?

If you do it , Ill do it too.

Last edited:
C

Chief00

Interesting question. Obviously since he played with Sonago, Chief had seen him play and was well acquainted. However, Chief has been more focused on Diggins, Hawkins and another player. But, the staff seems intrigue with him - and St Patrick’s is a good relationship to nurture.

Reaction Score
Interesting question. Obviously since he played with Sonago, Chief had seen him play and was well acquainted. However, Chief has been more focused on Diggins, Hawkins and another player. But, the staff seems intrigue with him - and St Patrick’s is a good relationship to nurture.
Whose the other player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul