2021 Recruiting: - Busy recruitment is heating up for Samson Johnson | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Busy recruitment is heating up for Samson Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

This is next level stuff. I often wondered how it would be interpreted if I told people my own strengths in the third person. I think it works. Thanks Chief!
Fair question. Everyone should develop self awareness of their strengths and weaknesses. An example is as a homeowner what you think you can do yourself vs. hiring someone. Not having that self awareness of your strengths and weaknesses can be costly and get you in trouble. Chief hopes that helps.

Reaction Score
Will need to dedicate himself to the weight room/strengthening program for comp vs BE Bigs.. Ironic for someone with the first name of Samson..Crazy upside as an athletic Big. Should increase his BB IQ simply by being in the gym..Playin' ball.. Looks like a slightly taller version of Akok.. Lets get AS on a Zoom call with him and close the deal..LOL

No irony. Short hair. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Samson Johnson reminds of Hylton Armstrong a bit, but he's got a little bit more basketball wise at the same stage.... He's long, lanky, got a jumper, understands how to run the floor and finish... Kinda smooth too. Would be a good look for us. I see him as a 4 year player for us that may end up getting to the NBA the same way Hylton did when it was all said and done.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Would love him as a four year guy. Hope he's patient, b/c it seems he has all the potential in the world.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Samson Johnson reminds of Hylton Armstrong a bit, but he's got a little bit more basketball wise at the same stage.... He's long, lanky, got a jumper, understands how to run the floor and finish... Kinda smooth too. Would be a good look for us. I see him as a 4 year player for us that may end up getting to the NBA the same way Hylton did when it was all said and done.

I was thinking a Roscoe Smith hybrid.

Reaction Score

Hylton?

Reaction Score
I was thinking a Roscoe Smith hybrid.
He's longer than 'Scoe... He's got that 4/5 lanky length which is why I likened him to Hylton... BUT, as I stated, he's got a jumper ( a real one )... So, from your perspective, I definitely see the 'Scoe comparison. He's nowhere near as agile as 'Scoe though....
Can we agree that he's a legit stretch 4? I can envision him in that mold for us... Would be a perfect fit.

Reaction Score
I actually don't think you need to look any further than our current roster for the best comp...has a lot of Akok in his game from what I can see.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
He's longer than 'Scoe... He's got that 4/5 lanky length which is why I likened him to Hylton... BUT, as I stated, he's got a jumper ( a real one )... So, from your perspective, I definitely see the 'Scoe comparison. He's nowhere near as agile as 'Scoe though....
Can we agree that he's a legit stretch 4? I can envision him in that mold for us... Would be a perfect fit.
Ppl forget Roscoe was like a top 40 recruit and was ranked as a top 10 recruit his sophomore year. Didn't completely pan out that way but he had a lot of great tools.

Reaction Score

if he can be a stretch 4, that would be awesome. But you just never know how long it will take for a young big to become a consistent shooter in college games. As pretty of a jump shot as akok has, he shot 26% from 3 this past season. The potential is definitely there though.

Reaction Score
The frame and athleticism remind me of DD. Obviously doesn't have the same skill level DD showed in high school, but put 25 pounds on him and Samson could be a heck of a college player.
DD? Doris Day? I don't think she plays basketball. :cool:

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Fair question. Everyone should develop self awareness of their strengths and weaknesses. An example is as a homeowner what you think you can do yourself vs. hiring someone. Not having that self awareness of your strengths and weaknesses can be costly and get you in trouble. Chief hopes that helps.

Can you detail your weaknesses for us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul