2021 Recruiting: - Busy recruitment is heating up for Samson Johnson | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Busy recruitment is heating up for Samson Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Staff is laser focus on him
5CA1AD5C-348A-462C-9594-C5860C01D24E.gif

Reaction Score
Yes. If it’s NYC/Northern Jersey - it’s Kimani and Danny. Taliek can’t recruit but it’s good to have him on our side as well.
Taliek can’t recruit as in he’s not allowed to? Serious question cause I honestly don’t know

Reaction Score
Taliek can’t recruit as in he’s not allowed to? Serious question cause I honestly don’t know
Yeah he's Director of Player Development and not an assistant so he can't be out recruiting

Reaction Score
He’s not allowed to. Only Danny, Tom, Kenya and Kimani - can do home visits etc. Taliek can have some contact if they visit UConn. When Kenya was out with a medical issue Taliek could recruit.
Thanks friend....learned something new today. See I find you a lot more informative when you’re not telling me how informative you are. Much appreciated!

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Isn’t Johnson strongly affiliated with ‘Gucc’ (?) who was like Bouknights mentor/psa coach. He’s a big fan of Hurley and what we’re building.

C

Chief00

Thanks friend....learned something new today. See I find you a lot more informative when you’re not telling me how informative you are. Much appreciated!
Is it me telling you that or is it an assumption you make? I can’t tell you how many posts Chief writes congratulating the Coaching staff or saying they deserve the credit and somehow that gets construed by the usual small disgruntled group of posters as Chief doing victory laps because I predicted and/or Confirmed a recruit was committing (“Confirmed” is the highest standard,100% accurate to date).

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Is it me telling you that or is it an assumption you make? I can’t tell you how many posts Chief writes congratulating the Coaching staff or saying they deserve the credit and somehow that gets construed by the usual small disgruntled group of posters as Chief doing victory laps because I predicted and/or Confirmed a recruit was committing (“Confirmed” is the highest standard,100% accurate to date).

Now THIS is good! Love it Chief!

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Really hoping Samson is working hard on his game given his upside. Looking forward to seeing him next season at TPS as a primary option. He moves really well for 6'10", fluid gait, good bounce, good athlete. Seems to have a nice touch, good form on the three. He could easily raise his arc to increase his range, softness of shot. I also wonder whether improved ball handling would allow him to play the three. His ease of movement coupled with improved ball handling would allow for him to take five and fours off the dribble. I believe he could really benefit from taking a look at Rudy's game while he was here at UConn and shoot for that sort of versatility only as a four man.

Reaction Score
Really hoping Samson is working hard on his game given his upside. Looking forward to seeing him next season at TPS as a primary option. He moves really well for 6'10", fluid gait, good bounce, good athlete. Seems to have a nice touch, good form on the three. He could easily raise his arc to increase his range, softness of shot. I also wonder whether improved ball handling would allow him to play the three. His ease of movement coupled with improved ball handling would allow for him to take five and fours off the dribble. I believe he could really benefit from taking a look at Rudy's game while he was here at UConn and shoot for that sort of versatility only as a four man.

The frame and athleticism remind me of DD. Obviously doesn't have the same skill level DD showed in high school, but put 25 pounds on him and Samson could be a heck of a college player.

Reaction Score
Pretty quick feet for a big dude

Reaction Score
That’s one of Chief’s strengths - evaluating raw, developing Bigs. An experienced eye test is more important than the box score at this point.
This is next level stuff. I often wondered how it would be interpreted if I told people my own strengths in the third person. I think it works. Thanks Chief!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This is next level stuff. I often wondered how it would be interpreted if I told people my own strengths in the third person. I think it works. Thanks Chief!

It would sound like this.

This is next level stuff. djct1999 has often wondered how it would be interpreted if djct1999 told people djct's own strengths in the third person. djct1999 thinks it works. Thanks Chief.

Reaction Score
really intriguing prospect. He jumps so quick and gets high over the rim due to his length and bounce. I can definitely see him blocking a lot of shots. From the lack of dribbling shown in the video, I imagine his handle is poor but that can be improved. There is real potential for us to be a monster offensive rebounding team with active and quick jumping guys all over the rim like Springs and Johnson.

Reaction Score
He seems so smooth and calm while staying active and engaged. Doesn’t seem like a kid who gets rattled under pressure and that quality has the ability to “play up” in big games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom