2021 Recruiting: - Busy recruitment is heating up for Samson Johnson | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Busy recruitment is heating up for Samson Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

UConn, but that is not the most confident prediction because things still have to play out some more before a real leader emerges. The Huskies have a major need in the frontcourt for a rim-running, shot-blocking force, and that need would immediately be squelched if Johnson were to pick the Big East program.

Johnson's decision will not come easy, though. His stock has soared in recent months, and some of the very best throughout the Northeast see him as a heavy priority. Whether it is Providence, St. John’s, Syracuse, Miami or Pitt, the competition for him remains fierce. I am going to stick with the Huskies, which would give UConn one of the best back-line defending teams in America, thanks to the young frontcourt that would be in place if Johnson enrolls in Storrs a year from now.

Reaction Score

UConn, but that is not the most confident prediction because things still have to play out some more before a real leader emerges. The Huskies have a major need in the frontcourt for a rim-running, shot-blocking force, and that need would immediately be squelched if Johnson were to pick the Big East program.

Johnson's decision will not come easy, though. His stock has soared in recent months, and some of the very best throughout the Northeast see him as a heavy priority. Whether it is Providence, St. John’s, Syracuse, Miami or Pitt, the competition for him remains fierce. I am going to stick with the Huskies, which would give UConn one of the best back-line defending teams in America, thanks to the young frontcourt that would be in place if Johnson enrolls in Storrs a year from now.

Not the answer that Cuse fan was hoping for. You hate to see it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It sounds like UConn is the perfect place for him. They have a need and he will have guys to get him the ball as long as he's here. Not to mention big guys that will be hitting the boards and covering his steal attempts.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Played hoop and baseball against them in the late 70s I’m pretty sure they were the Tomahawks or an Indian affiliation but not sure. Their hoop team was nationally ranked in JC in ‘79 as was Mattatuck.

Ours were the Middlesex Flying Horsemen :eek:. Never did try to find out what Flying Horsemen were significant in Middletown CTs past?
Did the school have a mascot?

1596705065167.png

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
43683EA8-AAD9-49BB-97D6-895A3B2B428A.png

They spend so much time on us their it really speaks to the insecurities they are really starting to feel about the direction of their program. We may have been drifting the last few years but I don’t think they will ever recover no matter who they bring in after JB.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
View attachment 57379

They spend so much time on us their it really speaks to the insecurities they are really starting to feel about the direction of their program. We may have been drifting the last few years but I don’t think they will ever recover no matter who they bring in after JB.
I think they'll be able to bounce back. They'll get back to playing and losing second-tier big games in no time.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Wait. We want to make fun of Syracuse fans for saying what we say when we lose a recruit?
Gotta get them before they become as irrelevant as BCU.

Anywho it demonstrates the value of rivalries. Orange is getting peeled in the ACC. It's the souths super secret attempt to payback the north.

Reaction Score
View attachment 57379

not trying to call you out. But how are you spending time on the Syracuse board on the day we get a commitment? They don’t deserve the energy and attention you’re giving to their pity party.
However....feel free to post this on their board ;)
1596815165571.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox