OT: - Burlington Breweries | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Burlington Breweries

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Sip of Sunshine definitely earns its stripes. It's way above solid. Still not sure about Lawson's Finest Liquids in Vermont but the brewing being done at Two Roads in Stratford, Ct. I'll leave that up to whomever cares. I just like the beer.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
FWIW, Sip has only been brewed in CT. This is a good article about the situation.

Great read. Thanks. Explains why a bunch oflocals were saying you have to go straight to the brewery to get the freshest and newest stuff.

Last night in area tonight. Still gotta check Fiddlehead.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
FWIW, Sip has only been brewed in CT. This is a good article about the situation.
Great read, thanks. Knew a lot but not all; this tidbit was definitely new to me:

"Equally attractive to Sean was the soft, low-mineral profile of the water in Stratford, Connecticut, which was almost identical to the water Sean had been brewing with, and which produced his desired flavor profile."

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So, wrapping up a week in Burlington in the time of the 'rona.

Interesting vibe. About 50/50 on people masking up while outdoors walking and stuff. Inside bars and restaurants was much more lax. Several restaurants were takeout/delivery only, some had outside dining available along with limited inside dining.

Takeaways?

Focal Banger and Little Sip beat the snot out of Heady Topper and Sip of Sunshine.

As far as in person dining, Foam wasn't available. Me and my co-worker hit up Sweetwaters, RiRa,Farmhouse, Vermont Pub and Brewery, Hearth/Zero Gravity.

Each had limited in person dining but most of the beer was available for outside dining or to go dining.

Overall was Meh.

This area is great overall, but the 'rona has turned it in to a regulatory mess and completely lacks any personality.

I'll finish off with Switchback Ale and Lawson Little Sip were by far the two best beers I had this week.

I

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score

Interesting vibe. About 50/50 on people masking up while outdoors walking and stuff. Inside bars and restaurants was much more lax. Several restaurants were takeout/delivery only, some had outside dining available along with limited inside dining.

Takeaways?

Focal Banger and Little Sip beat the snot out of Heady Topper and Sip of Sunshine.

As far as in person dining, Foam wasn't available. Me and my co-worker hit up Sweetwaters, RiRa,Farmhouse, Vermont Pub and Brewery, Hearth/Zero Gravity.

Each had limited in person dining but most of the beer was available for outside dining or to go dining.

Overall was Meh.

This area is great overall, but the 'rona has turned it in to a regulatory mess and completely lacks any personality.

I'll finish off with Switchback Ale and Lawson Little Sip were by far the two best beers I had this week.

I
Traveling in a pandemic. Because? And what do you expect for an experience?

Burlington was the last place I was pre-corona. After the Houston game I went up there for a few nights. Was there right before the world shut down. Man I miss being able to travel.

Also I agree on your beer take.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Takeaways?

Overall was Meh.

I

Wild. Little Sip is one of the most disappointing IPAs I’ve had. Didn’t like it at all. Like a throwback to 15 years ago. Maybe you just like that style. Switchback is a nice amber. Everything at Foam is way better than either.

But people like what they like.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom