Buffalo Post Game Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Buffalo Post Game Thread

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
I could well be wrong but I'm strongly of the belief that this time next year Welliver (as a redshirt freshman) will be firmly entrenched as the starting QB.
I'm pulling for CW, and the other QBs as well, but from the brief TV takes I've seen after the last two games, I've noticed CW doesn't seem to share in the team camaraderie. Maybe feeling a little left out or uncertain about his future? This kid has moved from Washington State to TX to CT over the past 4 years so I can appreciate what he's going through as a 18-19 yr old. I trust the coaches and his parents are on top of this.

Reaction Score
Fagnano got two starts. He looked much better than in relief. The fact that he was a little erratic on injury duty isn’t necessarily surprising. Adrenaline and all.

If Evers is out next week and Joe is first team all week I expect him to be less erratic.

Reaction Score
If we end up going 8-4, 9-3, or 10-2 this year then we cannot cheap out on giving raises to the staff and risk losing them. I think Benedict understands this and is hopefully willing to go all in on the investment and strike while the iron is hot. We may never get another chance like this again if we don’t capitalize on it and keep building up the program.

Reaction Score
If we end up going 8-4, 9-3, or 10-2 this year then we cannot cheap out on giving raises to the staff and risk losing them. I think Benedict understands this and is hopefully willing to go all in on the investment and strike while the iron is hot. We may never get another chance like this again if we don’t capitalize on it and keep building up the program.
Honestly what makes you think Benedict understands this?

Reaction Score
What makes you think he doesn’t?
Because he is a ton of talk when it comes to football? He will make an excuse though I am sure when he can’t.

I know Benedict is loved on this board. I get it - basketball program is unreal. He is not a football AD which to me is crazy since he came over from a huge football school.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Because he is a ton of talk when it comes to football? He will make an excuse though I am sure when he can’t.

I know Benedict is loved on this board. I get it - basketball program is unreal. He is not a football AD which to me is crazy since he came over from a huge football school.

Really?!? I'd quit while you're behind...

Reaction Score
Because he just had months of conversations with the Big 12 and understands what this program needs to secure an invite the next time we start talking to them again. Last year we had essentially $0 in NIL for football. This year we have $1.5M and Benedict said that he hopes to double it next year. That’s a pretty clear indication that he understands what the program needs. The results on the field this year will show the big donors that their dollars are actually working and producing Wins.

Reaction Score
Because he just had months of conversations with the Big 12 and understands what this program needs to secure an invite the next time we start talking to them again. Last year we had essentially $0 in NIL for football. This year we have $1.5M and Benedict said that he hopes to double it next year. That’s a pretty clear indication that he understands what the program needs. The results on the field this year will show the big donors that their dollars are actually working and producing Wins.
He also got Mora when we were at our lowest, increased investment into the assistant salary pool and has set up really good Indy schedules that set us up for success. Not sure how you can see the moves that have been made since 2021 and not think AD Dave gets football

Reaction Score
I could well be wrong but I'm strongly of the belief that this time next year Welliver (as a redshirt freshman) will be firmly entrenched as the starting QB.
Thinking the same thing, just wondering if they are going to give him some reps in his 4 gimme games.

Reaction Score
HC Jim Mora post-game presser. I think David understands the message.
"But I will say this. It starts with the guy over your left shoulder, David...Because his commitment to this whole thing, and all these people standing along the wall that nobody ever talks about that do the work behind the scenes"

Reaction Score

You are way off the mark. Benedict had to stop the AAC/Ollie bleeding, throw an anchor into the BE b4 we lost hoops altogether, try to pitch to a University Admin that they needed to not just maintain funding, but up it to have any shot at FB, sweet talk Mora to come in and tackle an impossible job, oh yeah, hire Hurley, and get a semblance of an NIL program in place. Other than that, he sucks.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
My biggest fear is having someone come in and scoop up Matt Brock. I’m super impressed with how the defense is coming together. The growth from week 1 is noticeable! Pay that man!
Absolutely.

The 3-3-5 looks a heck of a lot different under Brock than it did under Crockett, right? Great stuff...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Thinking the same thing, just wondering if they are going to give him some reps in his 4 gimme games.
He did get a couple series against Merrimack, what stood out in the brief appearance:
  • He was far more accurate in his passing than any other QB that day
  • He was very poised in the pocket
  • He needs to add weight. It was striking how thin he looked compared to everyone else on the field
The kid is the goods.

Reaction Score
I'm pulling for CW, and the other QBs as well, but from the brief TV takes I've seen after the last two games, I've noticed CW doesn't seem to share in the team camaraderie. Maybe feeling a little left out or uncertain about his future? This kid has moved from Washington State to TX to CT over the past 4 years so I can appreciate what he's going through as a 18-19 yr old. I trust the coaches and his parents are on top of this.
Here's the thing. Fagnano is in his last year. Opportunities will open especially as Evers leads with his head

Reaction Score
You are way off the mark. Benedict had to stop the AAC/Ollie bleeding, throw an anchor into the BE b4 we lost hoops altogether, try to pitch to a University Admin that they needed to not just maintain funding, but up it to have any shot at FB, sweet talk Mora to come in and tackle an impossible job, oh yeah, hire Hurley, and get a semblance of an NIL program in place. Other than that, he sucks.
If Hurley doesn't win like he has I don't think he'd get this kind of leash nor do we get the football players we do. Football players are sports fans too

Reaction Score

If he fails it is 100% on the donor base. Can’t get blood from a stone. You think he doesn’t want to pay coaches because he doesn’t like football?

Reaction Score
HC Jim Mora post-game presser. I think David understands the message.
"But I will say this. It starts with the guy over your left shoulder, David...Because his commitment to this whole thing, and all these people standing along the wall that nobody ever talks about that do the work behind the scenes"

The board knows more than Mora does. :/

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom