Bubble watch (2/5/23) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bubble watch (2/5/23)

Reaction Score
Houston is #1 NET, #1 Kenpom, #1 BPI, #1 Sagarin and genius Jerry Palm (CBS) has them as a 2 seed so his opinion is grain>salt.

It really doesn't matter.....Houston is very good & they are a lock.
It's just a different way of seeing things. A 22-10 Houston on an 8-game losing streak with one good win (@Virginia) is certainly on the bubble.

Now, is Houston going on an 8 game losing streak? No. So, Houston is absolutely making the NCAAT. But if your definition of "lock" means "doesn't have to win another game," then it is probably true they're not a lock.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Well after tonight I think UConn is pretty close to a lock. One more win seals it (any win).
I also believe 20 is our number.

Reaction Score
It's just a different way of seeing things. A 22-10 Houston on an 8-game losing streak with one good win (@Virginia) is certainly on the bubble.

Now, is Houston going on an 8 game losing streak? No. So, Houston is absolutely making the NCAAT. But if your definition of "lock" means "doesn't have to win another game," then it is probably true they're not a lock.
Houston is 12-1 in Quad 1 & 2 are #1 in every metric. This is inane..they are a lock. St Mary's was also a great win. Have other good wins. A good win doesn't have to be P6.

I'm no Houston booster but with all due respect if we're locking teams they are a lock. If they aren't then nobody is.

Last edited:

caw

Reaction Score
Houston is 12-1 in Quad 1 & 2 are #1 in every metric. This is inane..they are a lock. St Mary's was also a great win. Have other good wins. A good win doesn't have to be P6.

I'm no Houston booster but with all due respect if we're locking teams they are a lock. If they aren't then nobody is.

I mean they are saying not if the season ended today but rather if you assigned a loss for every remaining game would Houston be in? That would pile a Quad four, 4 Quad 3 losses and one of Quad 1 and one of Quad 2 onto their record (and likely another bad loss in the first conference tournament game).

I think you would have to seriously question their resume at that point. The chance of that happening is 1 in a billion or lower, but that's the argument. Pretty much every team is likely with that argument but some teams have very few bad games remaining which could move said team to a lock.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Is UNC still a bubble team? They have ONE Quad 1 win, over Ohio State.

caw

Reaction Score

Probably. They are 1-8 in Quad 1 games but 5-1 in Quad two and no bad losses. Still top 50 in NET, so right now on the bubble but probably on the outside looking in, IMO.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
If they win out the rest of the regular season, they would 22-9 with about four good additional wins. At that point, an ACC tournament flameout may not matter.

caw

Reaction Score
So, where would PC be seeded right now? No bad losses but only 5-6 in Quad 1/Quad 2 games. No top fifty road/neutral wins. Seven seed? eight? It would take a massive drop to not make the tournament but I just can't see PC with a top 5 seed in March right now unless they run the table.

Creighton is only 6-7 and has one bad loss and one good neutral court win but I wonder how the committee will view it considering the injury to Kaukbrenner.

X is 11-4 with one bad loss but wins at UConn and neutral to Cincy. 3-4 seed, but if they don't get Freemantle back, how they finish is questionable.

Marquette is 8-5 with a bad loss but no significant road or neutral wins (though SHU could move into the top 50).

UConn is now 9-5 with a bad loss but two good neutral wins and one good road win.

Right now I think X is a three, UConn and Marquette are fours, Creighton is a five and PC a six or seven.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Kalkbrenner getting sick is why they have that policy. He missed Creighton’s losses to BYU, Arizona State and Marquette, and was probably sick for the loss to Nebraska. With Kalkbrenner healthy, Creighton is 15-4, with losses at Texas, Xavier and UConn, and a neutral court loss to Arizona. With him back, Creighton looks like a top 10 to top 15 team.

Reaction Score
So, where would PC be seeded right now? No bad losses but only 5-6 in Quad 1/Quad 2 games. No top fifty road/neutral wins. Seven seed? eight? It would take a massive drop to not make the tournament but I just can't see PC with a top 5 seed in March right now unless they run the table.

Creighton is only 6-7 and has one bad loss and one good neutral court win but I wonder how the committee will view it considering the injury to Kaukbrenner.

X is 11-4 with one bad loss but wins at UConn and neutral to Cincy. 3-4 seed, but if they don't get Freemantle back, how they finish is questionable.

Marquette is 8-5 with a bad loss but no significant road or neutral wins (though SHU could move into the top 50).

UConn is now 9-5 with a bad loss but two good neutral wins and one good road win.

Right now I think X is a three, UConn and Marquette are fours, Creighton is a five and PC a six or seven.
I cant see PC getting anything higher than a 7 right now. 38th in NET, very week OOC schedule and no good road wins. The lack of a marquee pre-season tournament has hurt them this year.
I think if the season ended today (convenient, before the Creighton game lol), X and UConn would be 4s, Creighton and Marquette 5s, PC a 7 and SH last 4 in

Reaction Score
Can you and @HeGotGame give it a rest? If you don't want to discuss bubble teams, just skip the thread. No need to derail the thread with every post.
Nah, I’ll keep commenting until you “experts” consider Houston who is not only a 1 seed but very likely the overall #1 seed a lock. If Shizzle can’t handle it, then he shouldn’t have started a thread about something he isn’t knowledgeable about. Post dumb stuff and people are going to question it, sorry bud but that’s how life works. I’ll post on whatever thread I want, don’t need the thread police to tell me where I should be posting. If you don’t like my posts maybe YOU should skip the thread

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I love how much my one post in here bothered you. Love it.

You and your sidekick are internet cliches. When someone points out that you are trolling, it doesn't mean that you are "in their head". It means you are being a troll.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Nah, I’ll keep commenting until you “experts” consider Houston who is not only a 1 seed but very likely the overall #1 seed a lock. If Shizzle can’t handle it, then he shouldn’t have started a thread about something he isn’t knowledgeable about. Post dumb stuff and people are going to question it, sorry bud but that’s how life works. I’ll post on whatever thread I want, don’t need the thread police to tell me where I should be posting. If you don’t like my posts maybe YOU should skip the thread

If I want to know what you are thinking, I will ask @HeGotGame

Reaction Score
If I want to know what you are thinking, I will ask @HeGotGame
But Nelson, no one ever wants to know what you are thinking, but yet you still keep posting pointless dribble.

The only one derailing the thread is you having a temper tantrum over people telling Shizzle he is wrong on not having Houston as a lock. I am sorry that fact bothers you so much, I truly am.

Reaction Score
But Nelson, no one ever wants to know what you are thinking, but yet you still keep posting pointless dribble.

The only one derailing the thread is you having a temper tantrum over people telling Shizzle he is wrong on not having Houston as a lock. I am sorry that fact bothers you so much, I truly am.

Lol you meant "drivel".

I hope you are not actually a UConn grad. Would make me worried about our academic ranking.

Reaction Score

I’ve watched St Mary’s a handful of times and they are a team that can cause issues. They aren’t superior athletically or talent wise but they are extremely well coached and fundamentally sound. Very solid team and overlooked

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Big East's top 5 I'll put up against any conference. At least right now, which is when it matters most.
Except for the Big 12.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom