BU @ UConn - Tues 10/27/2015 - 7pm | Page 3 | The Boneyard

BU @ UConn - Tues 10/27/2015 - 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How do you or I know 100% that they were just scouts? Why was dannel there? Was it just political grandstanding in which he was booed or Was it to show to off the XL to the AHL Devils or people in the organization about moving the club here? They are currently in a 1 year lease and the rangers suck. I don't want the AHL. So, Yes, probably just scouts, but I'm just speculating and filed it under "rumor:"

Crowd: There were people in the upper bowl corners including a bunch of BU fans. Were you one of them brasssbonanzaa? You shouldn't have a screen name like that if you're a BU/umass fan especially that seems to hate Hartford and the XL

Go find your own board if you want to continue to bash UConn's attendance and where UConn plays. I'm not in fantasy land

http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/statistics/1516/oaattend.php

UConn 2x games fri and tues: 9,629
BU 2x Saturday games: 9,714 (+85). Those 85 were UConn fans
You have to be a troll. You cannot be this stupid in real life. But I'll play your game one more time. They were scouts, because I know. Team executives don't come to Tuesday college hockey games, period. I was there, I go to every BU game. I'm not a UMass fan. I grew up in CT, was raised a Whaler and UConn basketball fan, hence the handle, and hence my presence on these boards. BU is my alma mater, and I've been a fan of their hockey team since my freshman year. I root against BU in basketball when they play UConn and against UConn when they play BU in hockey, it's fairly straightforward. That's the last from me on your fantasy land posts.

I forgot the exact link, there's a CDRA report that pre-renovations lists the lower bowl capacity at exactly 6,000. Take out the seats that were removed for the renovations on the one side and it knocks it down a few hundred.

Reaction Score
This is true, BU couldn't finish a loose puck to save our lives tonight, and that's been a problem so far this season. There were a lot of juicy opportunities that went uncashed in. That said, UConn was very opportunistic and jumped on the doors that were open, that'll win a good number of games.
I was excited to see JFK and Greenway...I was disappointed in Greenway. He has the size and skill to dominate each and every shift...yet he disappeared for stretches last night. If he can square his play away he will play in the NHL for a long time....but from watching last night I can see why he slipped in the draft.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Keep the dream alive...

Dannel was there for the same reason Blumenthal is everywhere. At least in this case Malloy is a professed hockey fan.
Ahh yes, but rooted against both BU and UConn.

Reaction Score
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-huskies/hc-uconn-hockey-bu-xl-center-1028-20151027-story.html

ASU - 4,404
BU - 5,225

4,815 avg as of 10/27/15

Rumor: Somone told me peeps from the New Jersey Devils were at the game.
AHL or NHL?
1. Letunov
2. The line of Letunov, Thompson, Naas
3. Letunov
4. Goalie Rob Nichols
5. Letunov
6. Freshmen defensemen Gendron and Masonius
7. Letunov
8. Corey Ronan
9. Letunov
UConn's team speed has gotten so much faster compared with just two years ago, even last year. I would say that is the biggest difference between last year and this year. This team flies.

I thought freshmen Marco Richter and Max Kalter both had very good games tonight. Kalter is so similar to Ronan. He was a great late pickup last offseason.

Miles Gendron can absolutely fly for a defenseman. He made the switch from forward a couple seasons ago and it shows. He had a great rush up the ice tonight carrying the puck all the way into BU's zone.

The one negative tonight was the play in the third period before BU started a parade to the box. It seemed they were content to just sit back and let BU dominate possession again. It is a dangerous game to play against good teams. That style of play will burn you more often than not.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Waquoit said:
There were more fannies in seats last night then there were for most Gampel hoop games last year.

This is just a breathtakingly stupid statement from Hartford PR

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score
Crowd looked WEAK. F the XL Center. Build a barn in Storrs and this would've been a mad house.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This is just a breathtakingly stupid statement from Hartford PR
Only if you find the truth stupid. You're just talking out your ass, since you have already admitted that you don't attend very many games in person. Weeknight games in Gampel were a ghost town last year. That's why all Gampel games but one are on the weekend this year.

Reaction Score
There were more fannies in seats last night then there were for most Gampel hoop games last year.

Waquoit if you want your comment to be taken seriously at least try to be accurate. I was at last nights game, and I also attended all but one of the UConn men's basketball games last season as well as several women's games. The crowd last night was not close to any of the games I attended at Gampel last season. There were over 5000 tickets sold for the BU game. I would be surprised if 4500 actually attended last night.

Reaction Score
I was excited to see JFK and Greenway...I was disappointed in Greenway. He has the size and skill to dominate each and every shift...yet he disappeared for stretches last night. If he can square his play away he will play in the NHL for a long time....but from watching last night I can see why he slipped in the draft.
You're spot on. Greenway has had a rough start to the season. Started the year on the first line and has since been knocked down a couple notches. His skating has been poor - he looks like a tree sometimes, offensive production nonexistent, and hasn't found his groove. The same can be said for a few of our forwards expected to produce. If they don't improve, we're looking at a very mediocre year. That said, JFK has been a solid contributor so far and has a very, very bright future. Great two-way player.

Reaction Score
You're spot on. Greenway has had a rough start to the season. Started the year on the first line and has since been knocked down a couple notches. His skating has been poor - he looks like a tree sometimes, offensive production nonexistent, and hasn't found his groove. The same can be said for a few of our forwards expected to produce. If they don't improve, we're looking at a very mediocre year. That said, JFK has been a solid contributor so far and has a very, very bright future. Great two-way player.
I saw at one point last night Masonius gave Greenway a shove and got physical with him near the net. I know those 2 played on the USNTDP together last year...and I liked the fact that besides giving up almost 5 inches and 20-30 lbs Joe was the aggressor. That shouldn't happen to a kid with Greenway's size and game as a power forward. It just looks to me like Greenway is coasting out there..and doing himself ZERO favors...actually living up to the negatives of his draft profile.

Reaction Score
I saw at one point last night Masonius gave Greenway a shove and got physical with him near the net. I know those 2 played on the USNTDP together last year...and I liked the fact that besides giving up almost 5 inches and 20-30 lbs Joe was the aggressor. That shouldn't happen to a kid with Greenway's size and game as a power forward. It just looks to me like Greenway is coasting out there..and doing himself ZERO favors...actually living up to the negatives of his draft profile.
Exactly right.

Reaction Score
Since the pa system sounds like Charlie Brown's teacher in my seats does anyone know how much was raised last night in the 50/50 raffle?

Reaction Score
Since the pa system sounds like Charlie Brown's teacher in my seats does anyone know how much was raised last night in the 50/50 raffle?

The winner took home a check in the amount of $1285. That amount was half of the total amount raised (257 tickets @ $10.00 = $2570.00). Not bad for the first attempt at this. Hopefully it will grow to be a real money maker to help the hockey program.

Reaction Score
That guy needs to be replaced, he's terrible. Called us Boston College, and after the first period said "At halftime..." The guy sounds less enthusiastic than Mr. Rogers.

Reaction Score
The winner took home a check in the amount of $1285. That amount was half of the total amount raised (257 tickets @ $10.00 = $2570.00). Not bad for the first attempt at this. Hopefully it will grow to be a real money maker to help the hockey program.
Thanks....I hope they do it on a regular basis...it's easy for me to keep a $20 in my wallet and get 2 tickets (1 for me and 1 for my wife). I decided to buy 1 less beer last night...

Reaction Score
This wasn't a fluke win. UConn outworked BU for big stretches. Yeah, BU had an advantage in shots on goal, but UConn hit at least 3 pipes that I heard and those don't get tallied.
Devils people would be player scouts, fairly common for college games.

You all are in fantasy land if you thought there were 5,225 people there. The lower bowl holds ~5,500. It was not even close to full, barely was 2/3 full. I don't doubt UConn may be under some pressure to upsell their attendance numbers to appear like they're doing well there, but that number is a complete and total farce, much like the BU effort tonight.
I was at the game>That picture must have been taken at start of game.It took most of the first period for fans to get to their seats. The only section that was light was behind the goal under where people can drink and watch the game.Probably 4500 or so. Nice size crowd.Don't pretend it was a lot less.

Reaction Score
That guy needs to be replaced, he's terrible. Called us Boston College, and after the first period said "At halftime..." The guy sounds less enthusiastic than Mr. Rogers.
The public announcer is very weak. Same goes for football. Both are awful.

Reaction Score
I was at the game>That picture must have been taken at start of game.It took most of the first period for fans to get to their seats. The only section that was light was behind the goal under where people can drink and watch the game.Probably 4500 or so. Nice size crowd.Don't pretend it was a lot less.
Did you see the second one I posted? That was the third period with a two-goal lead and 10 minutes or so to go.

Reaction Score
Did you see the second one I posted? That was the third period with a two-goal lead and 10 minutes or so to go.
No I didn't.Maybe some of these hockey fans are the same ones that go to the football games too.Come late and leave early.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
5000ish fans for Tuesday is pretty good no matter how you spin it. If UConn continues to win I'd think our ceiling for hockey is pretty high. I don't think it's a stretch to think a team that regularly competes at a high level in Hockey East and gets NCAA appearances could rival the women's basketball team in terms of average attendance.

I think the Hartford vs. Gampel argument isn't worth mentioning. I think ideally you want an on campus facility.. but I still think you'll see a weekend game against Boston College, etc. at the XL.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Waquoit said:
Only if you find the truth stupid. You're just talking out your ass, since you have already admitted that you don't attend very many games in person. Weeknight games in Gampel were a ghost town last year. That's why all Gampel games but one are on the weekend this year.
I attend 5-10 games a year in person and have season tickets for hockey. I've missed one XL hockey game. Do I get to keep my Waq Fan Card Presented By Chucks Steakhouse?

A Gampel that's 2/3 full is 6500 people. Which is more than 5000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom