BU @ UConn - Tues 10/27/2015 - 7pm | The Boneyard

BU @ UConn - Tues 10/27/2015 - 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm going to my first UConn hockey game tonight. What should I be looking out for?
1. Letunov
2. The line of Letunov, Thompson, Naas
3. Letunov
4. Goalie Rob Nichols
5. Letunov
6. Freshmen defensemen Gendron and Masonius
7. Letunov
8. Corey Ronan
9. Letunov

Reaction Score
I'm going to my first UConn hockey game tonight. What should I be looking out for?

Welcome to the #icebus!!! Bring as many people as you can. If you enjoy, Buy ST or flex pack. We need as much support as we can.
2nd hockey east game. 1st @ XL. UConn currently 2-2 (0-1)
50/50 raffle tonight for the UConn Club
UConn or whaler gear welcome
Take the CTfastrak if you want to or can so you can enjoy the $9 beers.

Be loud, cheer on the huskies and enjoy!!!

Reaction Score
Biggest thing I will be watching for is if the team carries their effort through all three periods.

Saturday's third period was not good. The third period just seemed to lack effort. Going against Boston University, a top 8 team in the country, UConn is not talented enough to win a game when putting an effort like they did in the third period Saturday. The team needs to carry a high level of energy from the beginning to the end to have a chance.

I would be surprised to see BU come out in the first period playing a step behind like they did in the first period Saturday. Coach Quinn probably has been emphasizing that point to them. UConn better be ready for BU's best out of the gate.

Reaction Score
They still need to work on PP and their PK. They seem to play worse while on the PP. stay out of their own zone and clear the puck. They need to be aggressive and get pucks on the net.

I know everyone says "SHOOT", and it gets annoying, but you can't just let the BU Defense just stand there blocking the net. Make them move. Shoot the puck and get a deflection, make BU defense move and not set up in front of net and block shot angles.

I wonder how much coach cav will switch up the lines this game.

Letunov is a beast, but you could tell the difference between him and Thompson. Both around the same height/weight.
Letunov: 6 3 168lbs
Thompson: 6 2 160lbs

I've seen thomspon get pushed around a lot more than letunov.
Both need to bulk up, but more so with Thompson.

Reaction Score
Letunov and Thompson are two different players.

Letunov is a playmaker.

Thompson is a power forward.

Thompson's game will improve year after year when he puts on more weight and muscle. His game relies more on his physical strength than Letunov's.

Letunov's game does not rely upon his physical strength as much as Thompson's does because of his playmaking ability. Letunov's playmaking ability allows him to overcome his physical shortcomings. Letunov's speed and strength does need to improve to play at the professional level but it will come over time.

It will be interesting to see if Letunov stays beyond his sophomore year. He will leave a big hole when he does leave. A team of juniors Letunov, Thompson, Gendron, and Masonius and a large senior class could be something special. Of course, it depends on who the goalie will be at that time. Whoever is recruited to be Nichols' replacement will be the most important recruit in the near future. Maybe Matt Ladd, who decommitted from Niagara, is a possibility. Heard Hockey East schools are interested in him. Playing at Avon Old Farms this season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It killed em last year and again this year. They need to learn how to finish the period and not have the other team score in the last minute

Reaction Score
@ct06111 what do you think about attendance tonight? I'm a bit disappointed but I'll chalk that up to Tues night...good amount of by fans here..I'm gonna say 5500....you are definitely right about the play..they need to be consistent...Cav and Joe P (couldn't see Buckly) weren't getting animated so I think they were pretty happy

Reaction Score
Wow That was sweet! UConn absolutely dominating and the 4th line has been great. :cool:

Reaction Score
They played a solid entire period..the 3rd line of Ronan/Ojantikanen/Richter and 4th line of Ferris/Kalter/Schwartz have played well. Crowd has filled in...and Dannel Malloy was booed emphatically!

Reaction Score
Dannel getting booed made my night!!! But, if he gets the nhl back and is part of his legacy, I'll be happy and not boo. I hope that is on his agenda before he leaves.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
BU is pretty chippy. I guess I expected better from them. Huskies clearly outworking BU.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They need to invoke the mercy rule here!

Reaction Score
BIG win! When this team skates hard consistently they can play with the top teams in HE

Reaction Score
CSXdo3oW0AAgnos.png

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
The offense this year is finishing, 19 goals in 5 games compared to only 9 in 5 last season. Also didn't score their 19th goal until the 12th game, progress. Also the freshman have stepped up right away.

Reaction Score
TheUConnBlog ‏@TheUConnBlog · 4m4 minutes ago
Those of you who missed our Periscope of the press conference missed Cavanaugh making sure Warde Manuel knew abt his record vs. ranked teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom