OT: - Bryce Hopkins | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Bryce Hopkins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nicely stated.
Marquette, Xavier, and Creighton aren't going anywhere and they're great for the conference. Matta is going to make Butler very good as well. Providence hasn't had much success in the tournament but they're a very good program and have carried their weight during all the changes in the conference and all around them. They were dead in the water with Tim Welch and Keno Davis. They seem to be playing the game with NIL and they make the tournament just about every year. Kim English looks like a good hire. Seton Hall has also been good but there's enough talk they're not keeping up with Institutional support. St. John's is playing the game with the Pitino hire and Repole dishing out cash. Georgetown is financially all in but they've been so goshdarn stupid for so long. DePaul is a hopeless disaster.

I expect the Midwest Big East programs to be very good going forward. They just seem to know how to run their basketball. Nova is the one program I'm looking at, they're a national power and I don't believe in Neptune at all. I didn't understand the hire and I hope they move on from him quickly and hire the best coach out there.

Reaction Score
Marquette, Xavier, and Creighton aren't going anywhere and they're great for the conference. Matta is going to make Butler very good as well. Providence hasn't had much success in the tournament but they're a very good program and have carried their weight during all the changes in the conference and all around them. They were dead in the water with Tim Welch and Keno Davis. They seem to be playing the game with NIL and they make the tournament just about every year. Kim English looks like a good hire. Seton Hall has also been good but there's enough talk they're not keeping up with Institutional support. St. John's is playing the game with the Pitino hire and Repole dishing out cash. Georgetown is financially all in but they've been so goshdarn stupid for so long. DePaul is a hopeless disaster.

I expect the Midwest Big East programs to be very good going forward. They just seem to know how to run their basketball. Nova is the one program I'm looking at, they're a national power and I don't believe in Neptune at all. I didn't understand the hire and I hope they move on from him quickly and hire the best coach out there.
It seems like he’s doing well enough to hang on there for now. He doesn’t appear to be a long term solution though. I’m not sure how he is recruiting, that will be a huge factor. A mediocre coach with mediocre players won’t do it.

Reaction Score
I as much as all of you enjoy watching a UConn win, but my joy is equaled when no Husky gets hurt enough to endanger our chance for a sixth natty.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I missed this and saw the info during the game last night. I really feel bad for the guy who played like a man out there. Real warrior and living proof that a 6-7 guy with muscle who can attack the basket as well as shoot from the perimeter has a great opportunity in college or professional basketball.

He was on my "all worthy opponent" list for everything he brought to the game. Wish him all the best. He is an uber competitor and we will be hearing from him again.

Reaction Score
And for those wondering, Providence post-Hopkins injury basically has Dual and Floyd splitting time at a guard position while Carter/Pierre/Gaines/Oduro get all the minutes they can get. Dual & Floyd rarely share the floor.

I rarely bet on sports, but Providence (-9.5) at DePaul was just too good to pass up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom